2,925 results
All reviewspapa donsupper deckplunge poolkids cluball inclusive plantime sharerodney bayhibiscus suitejammers barbanana boatdragonfly restaurantdragon flywater sportsall inclusive optionsteep hillsidest luciashuttle service
Reviewed 21 July 2011

First, I'd like to say what a lovely resort, and very nice people. But there were just too many cats in the dining areas. I was really bothered by the CATS in the dining areas, and to think, I have a sweet Yorkie at home. It was just too much, trying to enjoy dinner and the stray cats roaming under and near my table, BEGGING FOR FOOD! How GROSS!
Aside from the cat issue, what a beautiful island, what a beautiful resort and MOST of all, what a beautiful people. Windjammers have some of the nicest people in the world!! Ms. Priscillia our waitress was awesome, she went beyond her duties to see I was comfortable at dinner.
Our hisbiscus suite was very nice, 2 bedrooms near all restaurants and beach. And the food was really good, despite my fear of the cats.
If your'e not bothered by cats, then you would love this resort.
I

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank TanyaLithonia_Ga
WJLMD, General Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2011

Dear TanyaLithonia_Ga:

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. We especially appreciate your note about Priscilla. We are working with a local vet and humane society to reduce our cat population. We're trapping them, having them fixed, and either putting them up for adoption or releasing them in other parts of the island where they can help reduce the other unwanted critters. We're down from a dozen or so around the entire property to just a few.

Regards,

Reviewed 20 July 2011

We spent our honeymoon at the Windjammer in early July and had the most incredible experience. The room was wonderful, we had an incredible view and lots of space to enjoy. We ate at all the restaurants on site and each of them was great. Aside from being a beautiful resort on a picturesque island, the people at the resort truly set this one apart from the rest. The service far surpassed our highest expectations and every single employee we interacted with was pleasant and friendly. Even if just in passing, they would consistently go out of their way to say hello to us. We have to especially recognize the exceptional service from Ronnie and Travis at Jammers Bar and Restauarant who made amazing BBC drinks, Samantha at Papa Dons, and Lindon and Lloyd who were our ambassadors at the front desk. Another special thanks to Shameela who helped us set up some great trips and was always super helpful! Overall, we could not have been more impressed by the Windjammer and its staff, we highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a fantastic vacation - we can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: All the rooms had incredible views! They have open-air and closed-in rooms to consider when booking, both are wonderful.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mhlewis2011

Dear mhlewis2011:

Congratulations on your recent marriage! We're happy you had such a great time at our resort. Thank you for the kind words about Ronnie, Travis, Samantha, Lindon, Lloyd, and Shameela. I've passed along your note to their managers so they can be thanked. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2011

I am so glad to have stayed at Windjammer Landing for our summer vacation in St. Lucia this year. We had a great time. We had a one bed room villa reserved but upon arrival Lance put us in a Hibisus suite with a fun kitchen a jacuzie on the balocny. I had originally requested a villa close to the beach so I would not have to use the provided transportation. We were only a short walk to the beach and resturants.

I highly recommend this resort for a bunch of reason. The number one was how beautiful the grounds were kept. Very tropical. I am from Southwest Florida and I know what nice beaches and tropical suroundings look like. I particularly liked the tall coconut plams on the beach and so close to the ocean. There were plenty of chase lounge chairs and tiki umbrellas to enjoy the great view. What I liked was sitting on the beach and looking up at the cliffside with all the white villas and all the palm trees. A roped off area was provide for very nice swimming. Just raise your hand and a waiter from the Jammer resturant would take our lunch order or afternoon drink order.

My 13 year old son enjoyed the Hobie Cat sailing. We enjoyed it so much that the watersports staff had to come out and find us our first trip out. I did not undersatnd that sailing to Pigeon Island was too far for me to travel from the resort. I just want to say the sailing was magical. We really glided over the seas and throughly enjoyed the views of the resort from the ocean.

The food at Dragon Fly resturant was good. Our waitress was better then usual and always smiling. We ate here for dinner two times and had a very nice breakfast one morning overlooking the beach. Papa John's on top of the hill was good also. The specialty drinks were wonderful. There was a bar on the beach literally 20 feet from the ocean. This was great while we were on the beach for those vacation fruit drinks. The spice rum was and rum punches were very good. Thank you Jeff for taking our order and serving my son and I friut punches that afternoon while the computer system was down. I left a tip for you with the hotel receptionist when we checked out. I could not find you the next day.

Our room had a washer & dryer which was very nice. The Castries airport was only 10 minutes away. Pigeon Island is real close and I highly recommend a climb to the lookout.

The "Mango Man" as I call him, even though his name was Ryan, was very nice. I bought two bags of his locally grown fruit from his small boat which would show up almost every afternoon. The green pineapples were very sweet and much better then what I am use to. Great mangos and bananas too. The local wood carver was very talanted. We bought a couple of his works. I'm glad I did, they look great at home now.

The staff was very pleasent and patient with us as we asked lots of questions. The daily event board always had a couple of activities my family would participate in.

We had a car for the week and travelled all over the island. St. Lucia is a large island with a large populaton. The locals are very friendly and helped me find my way several times.

Night life was really grand. There was this 8 person steel drum band that played for 3 hours on the beach one night at Jammers. These guys were amazing. I mean fantastic. I wanted to buy a CD but none were available. The fire dance slash limbo dance our last night was fun also. We had a great spot viewing the stage from the Dragon Fly restuarant balcony.

I want to go back. It rained all day for 4 days of the 7 we stayed at Windjammer Landing. We explored the island on these wet days. But when the sun came out, we were down by the seas side enjoying the beach and the water sports.

We enjoyed the North side of St. Lucia. The Southern end is quite different and very moutainous. I am very grateful we had a car to see the great Jeloiuse Beach and Anse Chastenet Beach. The water taxis were great fun.

You must visit this resort for a bunch of reasons. Wonderful roomy clean accomodations with a fantastic view and tropically adorned with awesome staff sums it up. This is the main reason we will be back. Cheers to Rick and his team. Thank you for a wonderful vaction from the Pringle family who stayed in 313A.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Scottonholiday
WJLMD, General Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2011

Dear Pringle Family:

Thanks for the wonderful and well written review! I'll pass along your very nice comments to Lance and Jeff. We hope you journey down from Florida again in the near future!

Reviewed 17 July 2011

This was our family's first visit to St. Lucia, and our daughter's first time to the Caribbean. Overall it was an enjoyable and relaxing vacation with few issues. We flew into Hewanorra, and despite the 90 minute shuttle ride, did not mind it. Our driver, Desmond Dupre from Barefoot Holidays made the winding ride like a tour that you would pay for like a day excursion. When we arrived at WJL, we were immediately greeted by the friendly staff, offered rum punch or juice and a cold towel. The check in process was easy and fast. We waited just minutes for a shuttle to take us to our villa.

Our villa was at the TOP of the mountain - 504. It was enclosed, which we requested after reading other reviews. We are so glad that we did. We had very few insect problems, and heard that other vacationers had quite a few flying ant and mosquito swarms. The birds are also always looking for a handout, so the windows kept them outdoors. Our villa was a 2 bedroom/ 2 bath with a living room, kitchen, huge balcony, and infinity plunge pool. We loved the pool and used it to cool off most nights. The only thing that we did not like about the villa was the unpleasant smell of wooden cabinetry and upholstered furniture in a tropical environment. It is unavoidable, and we used the dryer sheet tip provided in a previous review. Thanks!

The housekeeper and pool cleaner arrived daily and did a decent job. The villas are not brand new, so do not expect the same type of clean that you would have at a new resort. The only strange thing that happened was the housekeeper used my brush on the first day, which I could tell because her hair was all tangled in it. I felt a bit violated, but cleaned it thoroughly and got on with my vacation. The service at most of the restaurants is much slower than what we are accustomed to in the US. A few people to bus tables, rather than having the waitstaff do it would likely help. There are three things to be aware of with the dining: 1) Overall the food is great - don't miss out on the fresh catch each day. 2) A 10% service charge is already included on the check, but it does not go just to your server, so plan to add 5-10% more depending on the service. 3) Pass on the Caribbean buffet at the Dragonfly on Tuesday night. It is not the best meal at the resort, as advertised. On the other hand, the reception and entertainment on Tuesday is great. By far, the best meal and service is at Papa Don's. The manager does an amazing job keeping high standards for every aspect at this restaurant. Also, don't miss 1/2 price drinks at Jammer's each day from 5-6.

It was the "slow season" at WJL during our stay, so there are many repairs going on. We were disappointed to not be able to get ice cream or have a quick bite to eat at the restaurant that is right on the beach. However, we loved the fact that during this time of year there are no lines, it's easy to get a reservation, the beach and pools are not crowded, and the food/beverage service on the beach is fast! In addition, we could find our ambassador, Helen, anytime we wanted her to answer a question, or help us with a reservation.

In our family's opinion, the top three things to do at WJL are: 1) Take the excursion called "Jammer's Daysail" on a catamaran to go snorkeling, see a volcano, tour a botanical garden and Diamond Falls, and have a delicious lunch at a chocolate plantation! 2) Spend a day at the spa getting pampered by the amazing and knowledgable staff, and get the Princess package for any young girl in your family. My husband and I enjoyed couples massages and pedicures. 3) Get to know other families at the beach and pool. Our daughter loved spending time with our new friends from Baltimore and California! The kids had a great time playing in the water and CRAB HUNTING.

Overall, this was a pleasant vacation with very few surprises thanks to all the Trip Advisor reviews. One last tip - do buy items from the local artisans and fruit boat that are at WJL. We bought beaded jewelry that we watched being made right in front of us, so you know that it's authentic. We also bought a palm hat and basket from Jambo. But, if your are bringing home items made from palm or coconut to the US, spray them with a clear coat that you either take with you, or buy at the JQ Mall in Rodney Bay. Our hat and basket were confiscated at customs by the US Dept og Agriculture because the were woven, but not shellacked. We wish we could figure out a way to purchase more of Jambo's wares and have them shipped to us, because they were our favorite souvenirs!

Room Tip: Go with an enclosed villa high on the mountain for great sunset views!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank JHRB

Dear JHRB:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a complete review. You've provided some great information! I am disappointed to hear about the use of your brush and will definitely follow-up with our Executive Housekeeper. Embers is re-opening tomorrow and we're moving forward with our summer "refreshening". Let me know if we can get any of Jambo's items to you.

Regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2011

We recently got married at the Windjammer Landing and honeymooned there as well. We were there with about 20 family members and friends and everyone had a wonderful time! The wedding planners Simone and Melanie were great, and they made our special occasion unforgettable. Everything from the beach wedding (included steel drum band) to the reception venue and DJ were amazing! Our photographer Peter (who works through the Windjammer) did a great job and was able to have our pictures ready for us by the time we checked out only 6 days after our wedding. In addition to our wedding and reception, we enjoyed dining at the on-site restaurants (our favorites were the Upper Deck and Papa Don’s), hanging out at the bar (Jammer’s), and lounging at the beach and pools. The staff was friendly and helpful in all restaurants on-site and throughout the resort. We stayed in one of the Hibiscus suites which was very nice, roomy, clean, and had a wonderful view of the Caribbean from the large balcony with hot tub. We did several tours on the island including zip lining, visiting the drive-in volcano, and fishing (although all were a good time, the zip lining was our favorite). Our entire group had a wonderful time in beautiful St. Lucia and at the Windjammer Landing. We hope to return soon and would definitely recommend the island and this resort to other travelers.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pjd8284

Dear pjd8284:

Congratulations on your recent marriage! Thank you for letting us share in your special celebration. I'll pass along your kind comments to Simone, Melanie, and Peter. We look forward to your return!