See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 February 2016

We were a large group that occupied 4 rooms for one night. We rented a villa for a week in Le Diamant that wasnt available the first night of the stay so we opted to stay in Trois-Ilets the first night.
The rooms are basic, a little dirty and in need to a renovation. The view from our 3rd floor balcony was amazing to wake up to, though and since we were only actually at the hotel for less than 12 hours, the price was right.
We ate dinner in Village Creole which was right on the borderline of being a long walk - half our group took cars and half walked up the very steep hill to the hotel.
The kitchenette on the balcony had all the essentials to store food and prepare breakfast or lunch but the table and chairs were awkwardly large for such a small space.
The lobby had a lovely view also and my husband took a swim in the pool.
Im not sure I would stay here again, but for what we needed it was manageable.
The night front desk man spoke moderately good English, but the woman who checked us out seemed confused about the process and spoke no English at all.

Room tip: The higher up, the better the view
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ThreeCatNite
Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

Best value for money. View is stunning. Sounds of surrounding nature is incredible. Beds are clean. I know nothing about the breakfast. We have seen the pool but it is tiny. The reception informs that they speak English but hardly. Rooms are old. Balcony with small kitchenette is tight for two but equipped with basic stuff.
Do not expect too much for this price.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank CarolinaZ790
Reviewed 12 December 2015

The hotel is up a very steep hill. Ok if you have a car or taxi to bring you and luggage up. The room itself is ok but the beds madrass was poor and had deep dumps after other people lying there for years. The maintainance of the hotel is poor. The breakfast is a huge disapointment. You must boile your own eggs. There is no realy bread. Allmost everything you wants from a breakfast at a hotel was missing. Coffee from an old coffee machine. No milk or orange juice. The batroom in the room was also a disapointment. Glass wall shower with doors that didnt work.

Room tip: If your ok to walk stairs ask for third floor. Best view for sure.
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2015

As an American I didn't know quite what to expect of the French Antilles. I can only say that my stay in Camelia-Karibea in Trois Islets was the perfect low-stress environment for me to enjoy the beaches, get to know the locals, as well as serving as the perfect jumping off point for excursions around the island. I found the staff helpful, warm, and friendly. The room was comfortable and cool. There was a kitchenette on the porch, and a shower with plenty of hot water. The hotel was centrally located and a 5 minute walk from the beach. My trip to Martinique taught me a valuable lesson: I learned that travelers have to learn to let go of their expectations and accept the local hospitality on its own level. And once you learn to accept that things will be different, and learn to appreciate the local hospitality for its own beauty and warmth, things become much easier. Americans especially should forget about their American luxuries and APPRECIATE what a small island has to offer. People are friendly. Everyone says "Bonjour". People offer help. They appreciate a "Merci". If you open your eyes you will see amazing sights on this wonderful island. I have memories that will last a lifetime.

Room tip: The top floor (3rd) will probably offer the best views.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Rachel B
Reviewed 21 March 2015

This was a good, comfortable hotel with an outdoor (on balcony( kitchen). The view was outstanding and the sight of beautiful boats bobbing in the gorgeous Caribbean sea in the distance. We had two adjoining rooms which were fine and quite modern...nothing spectacular but ideal for our family. The hotel is in Trois Ilets and is a few minutes walk from two beautiful beaches...drop dead gorgeous. It is very much the view and location that made this hotel special.there was also a nice swimming pool which was virtually empty. The receptionist (Gary)was excellent and very helpful.

Room tip: Best views were sea facing.
Date of stay: December 2014