Simon Hotel(Fort-de-France)
Apolline(Fort-de-France)
USD 435
USD 207
Priceline
Centre International de Sejour Martinique(Fort-de-France)(Great Value!)
USD 101
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Residence Couleurs Pays(Fort-de-France)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 January 2016

If this is a hotel for business it doesn’t say much about business in Martinique. It’s very old fashioned, doesn’t look like anything’s changed since the 1980s and is below average. We stayed there for two days over New Year and would not go back.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2015

We stayed two nights.

The Good:
The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. My high school French and willingness to (try to) speak their language might have helped. :-)
They had beer for sale, and helped us order a pizza. They provided an adapter for our US plug so we could recharge our phone.
Some of the rooms have excellent views.
The bed was soft and there was plenty of hot water.

The Bad:
The rooms are small. We booked a "Superior Triple Room (Lotus) - BB". There was no space large enough to open a suitcase except on the bed.
You need a car or taxi to get anywhere.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2015

It is true that the staff is generally nice. However, on the evening of 8/7/2015 the night staff was not nice to me. I asked them to call a taxi for our departure the next morning; I asked them in my bad French if they spoke English. They shook their heads no. There was something about the way they looked at each other that suggested to me that they understood English and, for their own amusement, were forcing me to speak in my bad French, which I proceeded to do. Then, they laughed in my face at my struggle to ask them, in my bad French, to call a taxi. There were not many guests and perhaps they were bored; but it was a mean thing to do, particularly since my wife and I are senior citizens.

Room Tip: Close to central city, but definitely not conveniently located.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 1919traveller
Reviewed 9 July 2015

Following a heart attack while on holiday my husband was put up here until my discharge then I joined him. Typical 3 star. Big airy room but absolutely no good location wise for a heart attack victim. Hills and ramps everywhere. Staff doing their best but don't visit if disabled.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Angela C
Reviewed 25 May 2015

I accompanied my husband on a business trip. I spent a lot of time at the hotel, since he had meetings to go to on the island. I was also working remotely, using the hotel WiFi.

The pros: the breakfast was great, and plentiful. The swimming pool was clear and beautiful, overlooking the water at a bit of a distance. The room was clean. You could get an espresso at the bar downstairs at nearly any time throughout the day. The staff was friendly and put up with my pidgin French, and even tried to speak a tiny bit of English to me.

The cons: I'm not sure about value-for-price, since I didn't pay directly, but it may be a bit pricey for what you get. The hotel bathrooms were seriously shabby, and the shower was T-I-N-Y. The WiFi was okay, but sometimes a bit spotty, especially from the rooms. I went down to the pool area to do most of my internet-intensive activities. The locks were key locks, not card locks. The hotel is a bit far away from anything, which means you need a car for most stuff, unless you're willing to walk about 15 minutes to Fort-de-France (bring an umbrella, it rains in the afternoons). For business it was a perfectly decent place, but for vacationers and English-speaking-only tourists, you may want to find somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple