All reviews the main house other guests rustic retreat good vibes farmers market board games mango falling asleep the entire property san juan low key natural beauty morning coffee sun bay scott starfruit hammocks
Reviewed 2 March 2017

La Finca is one of the most beautiful QUIET spots on the island. The open air living is so pleasant with the trade winds always blowing through. Managers Scott and Bill are the nicest guys ever and oh so helpful every step of the way. Our stay at la Finca was part business and part pleasure. What a perfect place to hold a class and then relax afterward!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
corkyparker, Owner at La Finca Vieques, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

pam --

thanks again for coming and bringing your whole tribe with you! the finca can be magic for lots of different folks-- but finding a place of almost 30 is a harder challenge, so we take great pride in making that work for you and all your folks! i hope we will see you next year -- ! my very best, corky

Reviewed 21 February 2017

I spent the first 9 days of February, 2017, at La Finca. It was totally what I expected from the description and pictures on the website. We were welcomed by Ziggy, Scott, and Bill as soon as we parked our car. We had a tour, had help moving our groceries and bags in to Casa Nueva, and then the quiet began. Hearing the peepers at night reminded me of my childhood on the farm, and watching the stars at night was unbelievable. No phones, no TV's, and wireless only at the main house made for a much needed change in pace. Our only requirement was to occupy our time however we felt at that minute. If we needed anything, we only had to ask, including any recommendations for where to go to do or get anything on the island. Bill and Scott were a wealth of information about the island, it's history, and interesting stories. I so appreciate their kindness and positive approach to all of their responsibilities at La Finca. The pool was perfect for cooling after a walk on the hilly road or cooling off in the afternoon. Casa Nueva was clean and comfortable. Drinking my coffee on the porch and listening to the quiet was heaven. We cooked or joined others at the main house. I really have no negatives or suggestions, except: Please don't change. I need to know that La Finca is there for me to return.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends

we wont ever change! at least we haven't so far -- not in 20 + years. we are sworn to our funkiness! glad you had such a good time. come back, and until then stay in touch -- sign up for our blog on our site, or be pals on fb -- if you haven't already. happy travels, corky

Reviewed 10 February 2017

I've been to La Finca twice and have always taken friends. It's incredibly magical. I have a favorite spot where I love to lay in a hammock and watch the sun come. At night, there is very little light pollution, so the stars are blazing.

The buildings are really neat and the place has a laid back and relaxing feel. We cooked some meals with other guests and made great life-long friends here. While it's not on the beach, it's very close and centrally located on the island.

I highly recommend staying here when in Vieques.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank April L
corkyparker, Owner at La Finca Vieques, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

April! -- how nice to hear from you. We count you among those guests who've become friends of the finca, and hope it's not too long before we have you back! the finca is made for fun globe trotting folks like you ! All the best in your travels, c

Reviewed 25 January 2017

I have been putting off writing this review because I am too afraid that everyone will discover what an incredible secret this is. Without a doubt, la finca is the best place I have ever stayed whilst on vacation. I cannot praise the beauty and serenity of la finca enough, not even to mention the huge kindness and generosity shown by Bill and Scott who made our stay a one of a kind experience that I will never, ever forget.

The impeccably high standards of cleanliness exhibited in the shared kitchen and living space made cooking, socialising and relaxing here an absolute dream. Our bedroom was also extremely clean and welcoming and was the perfect place to retreat for a peaceful, quiet nights sleep after a long day spent at the beach.

The decking was probably my favourite part of the la finca. The softly cushioned wooden chairs and swinging benches look out onto Vieques hills and make for a view that is truly breathtaking - trust me, the pictures do not do it justice!! Peaceful moments reading my book and long snoozes were spent on this lovely outside area and it made us struggle to leave it every morning when heading out to the beach.

Above all, it was Bill and Scott that made this experience exceptionally unqiue. I have never experienced hosts with such unrelenting kindness and a want to make their guests feel so at home. Even though we only spent three wonderful days in their company, it saddened us greatly to have to say good bye. But not to worry, we will be back, as la finca is now forever in our hearts.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
corkyparker, Owner at La Finca Vieques, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2017

Thank you for your sweet review. it means a lot!. i totally about not wanting to spoil the secret -- but truth is, we've been doing this now for 20 years -- and we still aren't famous or changed. we are dedicated to keeping it real and funky and friendly! so resta assured -- it'll all be the same place -- next time you come. in peace, and palms, corky

Reviewed 20 January 2017

I have stayed here 3 times now- it's my style. I travel solo, and not only feel comfortable, but find that I meet other guests from all over the world here. I like being able to cook my own meals. There are many lodging options at LaFinca from 1 person to large groups. Scott and Bill are amazing hosts, and have pretty much have anticipated all of your needs, and are loaded with inside information. It is super relaxing here- I liked taking a dip in the pool on the property to cool off in the afternoon. There is a constant cool breeze through the property, simply hanging out on the veranda in a hammock is great. Going back again next year!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo

Gracias Karin! we LOVE having you with us, and LOVE it that the finca has become sort of a tropical second home for you. Sharing this place with wonderful guests like you is what we are here for. We get to make friends with great folks from around the world-- so THANK YOU for the kind words and for coming back and being part of what makes the finca so magical!