“Early dinner ”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Amazing view, very helpful and kind staff! Food was very good and large portions as well. Mahi fish in the grill was very good as was the seafood salad! Great place to stop for a nice meal and amazingly relaxing view - the waves below were very relaxing environment!

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Let me start out with the "positive" items for this review:

1. The view is 100% out of this world...the view is worth it to go!!!
2. The service was very good! We had a waitress that spoke English & was very friendly!
3. And that is all of the positives............................

Now for the "negative" items:

1. Parking is like trying to park on a race way...there is maybe 5-6 spots in front of the restaurant...and then the rest is parking on the feeder of the very busy interstate 2 road....so, if you back into the parking spaces, you spouse of other person you ate with, has to tell you when you have enough time for you to back-up and then have them rush into the passenger's seat...and then you slam it in drive & put the peddle to the metal - before you get run over!!!!

2. The food is NOT....and I say again, NOT - why you go to this restaurant...my wife ordered the Pico's Shrimp...bacon wrapped - crab stuffed shrimp...the first time they came out "burned" (picture provided)...and I ordered the seafood platter...which the 1/2 lobster was good (but very small)...and the rest of the items were all in very small pieces, and just swimming in a garlic-butter sauce...my wife returned her "burnt" shrimp, and the 2nd time they came out looking good...but, them the stuffing & shrimp came out very dry...so, needless to say, my wife returned it again....then told me to please just finish my plate, pay the bill, and to have me take her to Burger King for dinner!!!

The waitress was trying so hard to make the night acceptable for us, by not charging us for my wife's meal...but, there is only so much that she can do...overall, out waitress was awesome...the cooks just do not know what they are doing.

So, my BEST advice, is to go to Pico's for a drink & a view....then leave & go somewhere else for dinner...as my wife put it, "My Burger King hamburger was much better than the Pico's Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp!!!"

Sorry Pico's...but, I gotta tell it like it is...would we ever return...no way!!!!!!!

3  Thank LSUgreat
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and service. Great view of the ocean and nice environment. Great service with quick response and important suggestions regarding an excellent wine list at affordable prices and exquisite seafood. I had a nice lobster tail and my wife a fried red Snapper which were delicious.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Food was good. Service not bad. But not exactly worth the price. The view is beautiful though. And watching the sunset makes the visit worth it.

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

Great food, great location, beautiful view, really nice staff.
The red snapper was really well done- a good fresh fish which was firm and didn't taste fishy.
Oddly though they put a 15% service charge to ensure a tip, but.. A) I had a 10% off discount and the service charge was then reduced for the waitress by the same 10%..and B) I was going to tip more than 15% because she was the perfect amount of attentive.. but couldn't because the credit card receipt didn't have a place to add more.
If not being able to tip more is my only complaint, then you know this is a good place to eat.