“Nice place for a romantic dinner”
Review of La Cava Restaurant

La Cava Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 163 Restaurants in Ponce
Price range: USD 25 - USD 60
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The finest dining venue in the Ponce area, located at the Ponce Hilton Golf & Casino Resort. Parking is complimentary when dining. Cozy atmosphere, attentive service, quality ingredients and professional cuisine. Amazing desserts too!
Reviewed 25 August 2017

We joined La Cava for their 25th anniversary dinner they were offering while we were there, which was for choice of soup or salad, choice of 3 different entrees and 2 desserts. We ordered a bottle of wine too. The service was attentive and the price ($25 each not including the wine) was very fair. I had the garbanzo bean soup, which was excellent, my husband had the salad. I ordered salmon, and requested that the salmon be undercooked, and the server reiterated that I wanted it medium rare. It was cooked medium, which was disappointing, but it still tasted good. My husband's chicken cordon bleu was delicious, a Puerto Rican twist on the classic French version with a marinara type sauce instead of the typical Hollandaise. He liked it but prefers the traditional. The desserts (chocolate flan and cheesecake with guava sauce) was a really nice ending to the meal. I was kicking myself for forgetting my camera as the chef was an artist on their plating!

Reviewed 6 April 2017

We've been to La Cava on several occasions and for different events. Our the last time was a private dinner and it didn't disappoint. Service is attentive and food is very good. We appreciate the quality of ingredients and creativity.

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

This place is okay.. tries to be the fancy restaurant in the hotel-- kind of like the guy who shows up at your high school reunion in a rented Ferrari bragging..
It's freezing in there, air conditioner on steroids. Wine surrounds you, cute for decoration not so cute when you are eating and the waitress leans over your head all of a sudden to reach for a bottle for another table.
Food is no great shakes, and it's pricey. We went the first night we were at the hotel, didn't return.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Our meal was excellent. We got the scallop appetizer and the chateau briand for 2. It was a great meal. Steak was cooked perfectly and super tender. People mentioned it was pricey. We came from New York so $60 for a 16oz steak was totally worth it! Yum!

Reviewed 15 March 2017

I live in Ponce, and this is restaurant I visit at least 4-6 times a year. Beautiful decor, ambiance and most of all great service. Excellent wine selection, and a diverse menu. Expect it to be pricey as any hotel restaurant. It is a sure thing.