“Wonderful food and overall experience ”

Katrina's Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 81 Restaurants in Dorado
Cuisines: Seafood, Puerto Rican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Lived this restaurant, esp because it does not have tourist menus. Guessed which food to order and we were really impressed with taste and presentation. Efficient quick service and all was great. Easily one of best meals on PR.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Excellent food choice and location. Paella was delicious and feed up to 4 people. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank V V
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Delicious local cuisine. I had mahi mahi with a Cajun sauce and red beans and rice. The service was a little slow due to Hurricane Maria, but understandably so. It was very good food!

Reviewed 10 September 2017

After an awful experience at a chain restaurant in Dorado, we were on the prowl for alternatives. A Google search led us to Katrina, a seafood restaurant in Dorado itself rather than the mall just outside of town. We were warmly received (one day before Irma!) with complimentary cups of a fish consommé that was very tasty. Given the approaching storm, we were not concerned that we were the only patrons at 6 PM and that the bar was empty. Indeed, we were pleasantly surprised by both our dishes and the appetizer. For the appetizer, we ordered the conch cocktail, essentially a ceviche of conch slices. They did not have whole red snapper listed in the menu, because of the impending storm I was told, so I had to settle for a red snapper fillet instead, while my wife ordered the mahi mahi. Both dishes were excellent! As a side dish, we ordered mofongo, which is a mashed green plantain Puerto Rican delicacy, at least in my mind; it was as good as I’ve ever had. The portions were generous so we did not have dessert. I can recommend this restaurant and will come back on my next trip!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

As far as lunch or dinner near the beach go, this is a good spot. The menu is extensive with a good mix of seafood and non seafood alike and they do also have a full bar. Prices are a little on the high side ($15-25 entrees) and service is slow but the large portions and good food make up for it.