Hotel Colonial
USD 262
USD 218
USD 167
  • Pool
All reviewsgated parkingcontinental breakfastone nightfront deskpuerto ricosmall roomricomini bakeryhistoric buildingcouple blocksmuy limpiotwo blocksplaza coloncold cerealstreet noisenancyachousekeeping
Reviewed 5 January 2018

Stay in this Hotel for two night with my family. The staff at the front desk is very nice. This is hotel is a historic building was actually a convent and we stay in the "church room" with 3 beds, it was roomie for a family of 5. The Hotel is located in downtown Mayaguez a walking distance from the plaza. Be aware there is not a lot of parking space in the hotel and you need to park in the streets.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

First a couple of disclaimers: (1) I’m in Puerto Rico to help with disaster relief after hurricane Maria. (2) On vacation I tend to stay in AAA 4-diamond hotels.

Hotel Colonial is very clean and it is right in the center of town, just a block from the Plaza de Colón. It is beautiful, Spanish colonial style architecture.

There are several restaurants within walking distance with really good food, including a couple that I would definitely describe as fine dining with typical, Criollo cuisine. At the hotel the staff are very friendly and helpful.

The room is a bit stark, with no table or desk, one folding, metal chair, no phone and no clock. It is very rare that I use a hotel phone and usually throw a pillow over the clock so the room will be darker at night so I really don’t miss those things. There is an adequate two drawer dresser.

The room is LOUD at night. There is no glass in the window. There is a screen inside hurricane shutters. This is vey typical construction for the region and is completely appropriate for the hot, humid, tropical climate, but it doesn’t keep out any of the street noise.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Hal_G_Humboldt
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

I want to thank all personnel of the Hotel Colonial because after experiencing the devastation in Puerto Rico of the category 5 hurricane Maria , that left the whole island without water and electricity, I was able to stay there for more than 15 days and it was a great experience . The hotel had water, electricity and it was so comfortable and clean and all the personnel treated us like family and we felt safe and secure specially the manager/owner Nancy Torres that manages the hotel impecable . My recognition to the reception workers : Rafy, Aileen, Heidy , Norberto, Sebastián, Eric and Iancy and for the Houskeeping heroes : Genesis,Iris Lopez, Iris Bey and Myrna that make our stay a very happy one. I know that the next time that I will be staying there will be for a vacation to enjoy more the city !! Thanks for making our a stay a happy one in a very difficult time for Puerto Rico !!! I highly recommend this hotel!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Wendy C
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Stay at this hotel with my family for two days and the staff at the front counter was very nice and profesional. This hotel is part of a historic scenery of Puerto Rico , beautiful building , the rooms are small but very comfortable,it also include continental breakfast.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Santy75
Reviewed 17 July 2017

I visited this hotel for one night. It is a historic building in the hart of Mayaguez. Small room, but it was very clean, presentable with a plasma tv and wifi. Staff very helpfull and professionals. Parking included and breadfast included. Very nice experience. Definitlly, I will go back!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple