“Eloquent and Relaxing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Austin, Texas
“Eloquent and Relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

I stayed in the Chateau Cervantes in late May of 2012. It was a pristine experience. The room was very well put together in design and thoughtfulness of the guest. An extremely comfortable bed, an incredible bathroom, and my favorite was the giant french doors that overlooked the street below.

I stayed on the 3rd floor in room 12. It was a perfect size room for one or two travelers. Not a huge room, but not small either. It had a flat screen TV, and nice closet, and they had the lights dimmed when I arrived which gave it a very calm presence.

I will definitely go back there again. I used Kayak.com and got the room for $118.00. The only thing that caught me off guard was the $25 location fee as I checked out. But, they won me over with everything else!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Bacspinner
CervantesprGM, Front Office Manager at Cervantes, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write to us. We are more than proud to know that your experience was satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as yours.

Again, Thank You and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

If its anything that I can assist you dont hesitate to contact me directly at 787-724-7722

Albania Caamaño

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

We stayed here for the first week of our honeymoon. We were very excited to be staying in such a great location & the room looked beautiful! When we arrived check in went very smooth. All of the staff we encountered were exceptional. They were nice & went out of their way to great us & make us feel welcome. We had booked the king 1 bedroom with the balcony overlooking...the parking garage. ;) We knew this going in. It's Old San Juan, you're not going to have the best views in most of the hotels. When we got to the room I immediately thought of a review I had read on tripadvisor before leaving. In that review they had talked about booking the same king 1-bed with balcony, but were given a full bed room with one tiny window. Well, the exact same thing happened to us. We booked the king suite but were given a full room. The room was very nicely decorated but no king bed, no separate living room & no balcony. Instead... one full size bed, a couch in the same room & one very small window to the side of the bed. This was not even close to the room we had booked & saw on the website! So my husband went down to complain & ask for the room we booked & were paying for. They told him they'd look into it & get back to us. About 25 minutes later there was a knock at our door & we were escorted to the room we had booked & seen pictures of on the website. Much better! They had champagne & a fruit plate in our original wrong room so they moved that for us. The room is gorgeous. High ceilings, beautifully decorated, just gorgeous. The bathroom is very nice with a large steam shower. However the steam shower function didn't work & we never had a hot shower from start to finish our entire stay. The hot water would come & go throughout the shower. We then realized if we ran the sink's hot water the shower would have hot water, but it would be incredibly hot & there was no cooling it down. That was a big disappointment. Also, we were only given two towels each day which was disappointing as well. There was no alarm clock or any type of clock in the room & the phones were not working our entire stay...they weren't even in the rooms! The internet worked very well thankfully. Now onto the noise. I had read about the street noise & thought it wouldn't bother us. We've stayed in city rooms before & we're pretty heavy sleepers. This street noise was intense! Multiple nights we would wake up to the noise...a car laying on the horn...a drunk singing & yelling... police siren...a car blasting its stereo. Just a lot of noise. After a night or two we got used to it, but it is a lot & all of the time. There is also a "bodies exhibit" across the street at the base of the parking garage so in the mornings we'd awake to large school trips yelling & shouting waiting to enter the exhibit. The beds are amazing though! You're not going to want to get out of bed! The location of the resort is amazing too! You can walk everywhere. We even walked to a small beach to swim in one afternoon. Many amazing restaurants just around the block & one really great one right on our street ("Raices Restaurant"-try the mofongo dishes!!!) Felt very safe the entire time. There are a lot of pan handlers though. Maybe our issues were out of the ordinary, but it was a little much. Our stay could have been amazing but just fell short. If we return to Old San Juan we would most likely stay somewhere else...which I'm very sad to say.

Room Tip: Earplugs! Make sure you get the room you booked!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank MissMetNY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012 via mobile

The room was fabulous! The bed was so comfortable, it was hard to believe it was a hotel bed. My husband loved the steam shower. Within blocks of everything. Didn't need a taxi and walked to all the Old San Juan hot spots. If I had to find a critique, I wld suggest a better seal to the balcony doors to buffer some of the outside noise. But it wasn't that bad and in a bed like that, we didn't really care.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank C-Dubya115
CervantesprGM, Front Office Manager at Cervantes, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear C Duvya 115:

Again, Thank You and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

Chateau Cervantes is a beautifully decorated hotel located on Calle Recinto Sur, which is right in the middle of several restaurants, bars & cafés that are within steps from the entrance. I paid approximately $125/night (not counting the 18% tax & the $25/night fee). Worth every penny! The hotel & restaurant staff were extremely friendly & accommodating & my fiancé & I absolutely LOVED our stay here. The only things you should watch out for are your room door (the wood is warped so you practically have to slam it shut/force it open) & the noise outside (which is to be expected given the vibrant location).

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Chrissie C:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write to us regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at
787-724-7722

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I guess I was expecting a bit more. The blankets and towels had some stains. The air con makes a running water noise all night. Thought it was the toilet but I guess it's the pipes somewhere that makes a very loud noise every 20 minutes.
The rooms decor is very nice and the staff is really great, but doing this trip again I'd probably check out another spot mostly because I think this one is too expensive for all the things listed above.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear RperuM:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write to us. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 787-724-7722

Albania Caamano