“An awsom churrasco steak”
Review of Hecho en Casa

Hecho en Casa
Ranked #88 of 1,114 Restaurants in San Juan
Description: We offer home-style Puerto Rican and international food. We have burgers, pasta, sandwiches, salads and pastries. Our local Food includes rice and beans, meats and the best mofongos in town. Ask for the daily specials. Remember to try our passion fruit sangria and the best mojitos. The best part is that all of our kitchen confections are made to order to ensure we give you the most authentic gastronomical experience the best way we know how, Hecho en Casa (Homemade).
Reviewed 25 October 2016

An awsom churrasco steak, flavourful local cousins to a fair price. A nice little local restaurant, it seams like its used quite a bit by the locals, and that's usually a descent indicator of good food.

Reviewed 22 October 2016

My wife and I visited Old San Juan in 2015 and ate at Hecho En Casa and thoroughly enjoyed tasting Mufongo for the first time. On this years visit to O.S.J. we were joined by my wife's brother Michael and his wife Barbara. We ate there the first night we were in Old San Juan while staying at the Gallery Inn again.

We strolled in for dinner at around 4:30 and decided to have a relaxing meal and sample the local brew, Medalla. The atmosphere in Hecho En Casa is very laid back with open air windows and tables that look right out onto the sidewalk and street corner intersection of Calle San Justo and Calle San Francisco.

Once again we ordered the Chicken (Pollo) Mufongo and it was terrific along with a Cesar salad. The food here is excellent. It is what you would find in a much fancier and higher priced restaurant. Although the menu seemed to change from our last visit in October 2015 the atmosphere, quality of the food, and friendliness of their staff has not.

If you want to sample authentic Puerto Rican food without the fancy restaurant hype and prices, Hecho En Casa is the place to go.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

My wife and I were walking through out the old city and went into this magnificent place. Food is excellent, drinks are superb and the host, Joe, was one of the best hosts I have ever encountered.

Reviewed 5 October 2016

My husband and I had planned on going to another restaurant that was recommended by a website. We got there and it was a bust. So we decided to just walk around Old San Juan to find another place. We walked by this place. Had shutter widows open. A number of dinners. We looked at their stand-up board, which listed burgers and some other sandwiches. We were looking for a dinner not burger and fries. And the hostes said would you like to look at a menu. We did and the variety was great. We were seated by a table right one of the open windows, the breeze coming in felt wonderful. My husband ordered the 2 skewer shrimp with white rice and beans and I ordered the Mofongo with grilled onions and pork. Both came with a side of homemade coleslaw. Both our meals were AMAZING!!!! The staff was also great. Chatted with us, asked where we were from. As I said in my title...best places are usually the ones you stumble upon...

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here to eat before going on our food tour. Don't judge, we did not eat lunch and just got appetizers.

My wife loved the rice and beans she ordered and I indulged myself with the mini parralitas (meat twinkies).

The beer is super cold and the coffee is super strong. If you are hot try the hazelnut frozen coffee.

Great stop and a friendly atmosphere.