“So much more than we expected!”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 3 reviews

Reviews from our community

marrakech...
Jericho, Vermont
“So much more than we expected!”
Reviewed 15 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

I traveled to Old San Juan with my two young adult children. We desired a rich cultural living situation within walking distance of restaurants, the forts, plazas and markets so that we could authentically experience OSJ. Hotels feel impersonal and antiseptic, and so I looked into many properties in the months prior to our vacation trying to find just the right historic quarters, and this rental went beyond all of my expectations. If you want to connect with a gorgeous city, I cannot recommend this apartment more.

The high ceilings, dark woodwork and dramatic doors, windows and tiles made me feel like I had stepped back in time. Everything was simple, exquisitely clean and comfortable, yet still representative of the Spanish/Moorish influences of the old city. The kitchen was well-equipped with everything required by a picky cook like me. We shopped and cooked easily, and the nearby Super Max is nicely stocked. The beds were very comfortable. The salon terrace overlooks calle San Sabastian, and the wi-fi, Roku and air conditioning work perfectly. My son slept in the loft and my daughter and I shared the bedroom. We did not use the pull-out beds because we were happy to bunk together. We left early and returned late, happy and exhausted each evening, crashing in our comfortable beds.

The property managers, Vida Urbana, are tremendous, organized and accessible. They clearly love this property and take good care of it. They quite correctly advise that this rental is situated above a very lively bar/tavern, on a super-safe, late-night street. Getting tired by walking around all day and running a fan at night will help you sleep through the noise, and you can always bring earplugs.

We arranged several excursions, and found it easy to meet our tour transportation at the Sheraton down by the waterfront. I mention this to underscore that we loved walking all over OSJ, stopping for coffee on the way and conversing with the kind sanjuaneros we encountered on our journeys. Do not rent a car if you stay in the old city, because the blue cobble-stoned streets are narrow and difficult to maneuver. We took the bus to the beach at Isle Verde, and walked from the bus station. Again, we came to OSJ to explore and find adventures, and a car would have been a barrier to our authentic experience.

If you enjoy hotels, go stay at one. This property is full of comfort, history and heart. You can save money by taking the bus, cooking in the apartment and walking to the forts.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The gorgeous high ceiling and doors.
Liked least: The noise---but we expected it.
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
19 Feb 2015
Kris,

It was great having such a beautiful family like yours staying with us.
You where one of the most appreciative guests and also one of the nicest I have met. Hope to have you back again soon.

Saludos, Irma.
NY
Reviewed 5 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
USD 135
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing