“Great place to stay in San Juan”

Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 18 December 2017

Room was clean, cozy, and had a comfortable bed. The staff was courteous and helpful. The location was great. It was convenient to both Walgreens and CVS both across the street from the hotel. Hotel was in a safe locations with good restaurants and shops within walking distance. Will "definitely" stay here again when in San Juan.

Room Tip: As an added security you must use your room key to access elevators from the lobby and the stairway.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Henry N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Hi Donna!!
It was great having you on property with us. Our staff takes a lot of pride in making every stay perfect, providing cleaning facilities and excellent service at a great location. We look forward to your next visit!! For our best rates, please contact me directly at Hneumann@condadopalm.com or 787-648-8834.
Siempre a la orden,
Henry Neumann

Write a ReviewReviews (1,703)

Reviewed 18 December 2017

Hotel was clean, staff was courteous, great location, nice clean and cozy room with comfortable beds, great location, safe location, and restaurants, bus, and shops within walking distance. They also opened up their brand new registration desk while we were on our visit. It will be really nice when totally complete. Will definitely stay here when in San Juan.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 18 December 2017

My husband and I stayed here for three nights prior to a cruise. We were in the North tower, room 1611, a king suite. There were many things we really liked about this property. First of all, one had to swipe one's room card in the elevator to gain access to the floors. That is a great safety feature in our estimation. The king suite was very large. The main room had a sofa with two chairs, a table with four chairs, a desk, cocktail table, wall mounted TV, and patio door to the balcony. The balcony ran the width of the main room with a table and two chairs. One could look to the right off the balcony and see the ocean, one long block away or left to view the nearby apartment buildings and the Buenos Ayers restaurant which we loved. (I will review it separately). The bedroom is separate but it does not have a door one can shut. The bed was very comfortable and there was a wall mounted TV. We found the night to be very quiet but I do travel with a sound machine. The kitchen had a standard size refrigerator, a small microwave, a coffee maker, and a few dishes. The bathroom had a large sink counter and a separate room for the toilet and tub. The wifi within the hotel was spectacular. If it rained, sometimes the TV reception was affected. There is a laundry room in the basement of the south tower. A washing machine load cost $2.00 and the dryer 25 cents for 10 or 15 minutes. This is a must for our travel requirements. The sign said there was a exercise area which we did not use and a small pool and hot tub we saw but did not use. The breakfast was served daily but did not included hot items due to the post Maria issues. There were pastries, bagels, juices, fruit, cereals, coffee, tea etc. No one starved.
The Condado location was perfect for us. It is about a 4 mile walk to Old San Juan along sidewalks and most of the time in view of the beach. We liked that. The cab ride from Old San Juan back to the hotel was consistently $15.00. The walk to the nearby beach was one long block. Great! Across the main entrance of the hotel is a Walgreens and across from the side of the building is a CVS. I can not think of one item they did not have. The cab ride from the airport to the hotel is $21.00. The cabs are often vans so 4 people with luggage can fit easily.
The restaurant, Ropa Vieja, next to the lobby is a separate business. We ate there two nights. The food, service, and ambience was perfect. I will review it separately.
Although the building is old and there are some maintenance issues, we would stay here again.

1  Thank lynclarke
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

Expectations weren’t high given the Best Western name but this is a solidly good property. Location, Location, Location. Room and bed very comfortable. Restaurant - Rosa Viejo - great local food. Would recommend to anyone.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Henry N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Hi Karon,
I am glad that you enjoyed the stay at our property, our location and our brand new restaurant Ropa Vieja. Ropa Vieja opens daily for all three meals serving Puerto Rican and Cuban Cuisine in a vibrant atmosphere looking out towards iconic Ashford Avenue. For our best rates, please contact me directly at Hneumann@condadopalm.com or 787-648-8834.
Siempre a la orden,

Reviewed 16 December 2017

Do yourself a favor and avoid this hotel. I was told that my laundry would be done by the following afternoon. It still wasn’t done 2 days after that so currently my clothes are in Puerto Rico and I don’t expect to get them back because every time I call the hotel phone and ask for management, there’s no answer when I get forwarded. The windows are paper thin and they do their garbage runs at 4am so I’d plan on getting no sleep if you face the Walgreens. I’m not a high maintenance person but this was terrible enough that I would hope that people don’t experience what I did during my stay. Thirteen days, no sleep, lack of management and my laundry is still in Puerto Rico...

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Henry N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Hi Boyd,
Thank you for staying at our property and taking the time to provide feedback. I wish could have spoken during your time with us. We have your laundry, please contact me directly at Hneumann@condadopalm.com or 787-648-8834 to let us know where you would like it sent.