“Wonderful surprise”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Puerto Rican
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

The minute we sat down,we were served soup and codfish cake appetizers. Menus are written on large chalkboards and cost is included. We started with a gin and tonic, a monitor —perfectly tart and not overwhelmed by mint—and a huge sangria. The sangria must be the beverage of choice a several other customers were enjoying them as well. My choice was a grilled shrimp stuffed avocado served with salad greens and fried plantains . Another in our party had a similar dish stuffed with mahi-mahi. The third person had a grilled steak, also served with a salad. All of us enjoyed the dressing on the greens, but couldn’t determine the ingredients. Two of us shared what seemed to be a cheesecake style flan with a delicious sauce. We, enjoyed the after dinner rum and coffee bean liqueur. I would return in a heartbeat. Our waiter Ricardo was ever so helpful in explaining dishes that were unfamiliar to us.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Went to dinner as a group of 4 . Excellent food and the service was on point . Staff always smiling and watched the table closely to ensure water , and drinks were always full. Stuffed avocado to die for .
I really recommend this place as couples dinner or with a group of friends .

Great place and will be back next time in PR.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Very cozy and interesting setting, the food is good and plenty, friendly environment , it can get noisy . Puerto Rican food very well presented , drinks are very creative and savory, service is very good.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Good place to meet with an out of towner for good lunch and good conversation. Quite off the main beat location.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

So.. family and I were in Puerto Rico and looking for some place to eat. We wanted to try a true taste of the island so I googled local places. The first place I found was closed I found out after reciting the name to the cab driver. So I asked for his suggestion in broken Spanish. He said Miramar which I recognized from perusing the reviews online. Five minutes later we were dropped off at this little gem. Walk up some narrow steps to a quaint indoor/outdoor restaurant and get seated immediately. Within seconds we were served cod fritters and veggie soup compliments of the house. So...good! We then orders fresh fruit drinks(amazing) and then mahi mahi nuggets for starters. Perfectly crisp and delicious with the most amazing cilantro pesto drizzled across. Geez... fresh and so delicious. We were excited to order at this point and we went with the chicken stew, calabash mofongo with mussels, cod, and shrimp, and lastly, creole shrimp.
Sweet goodness, this place serves only the freshest ingredients and the most flavorful foods. We relished every single bit. The servers were friendly and the place was clean and eclectic. I would certainly recommend it to anyone! (Don’t judge how many pics I took-I’m a foodie!)