“Amazing ceviche!”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

In OSJ with my wife for her 60th birthday trip and wanted to go somewhere close to the hotel (Sheraton Old San Juan) and headed to my usual, Old Harbor Brewery. It seems that it has closed. I consulted TripAdvisor and read the reviews of Cafe El Punto. It was a close walk and worth every step. The drinks were great (Pisco Sour and Mojitos) and refreshing. We started with the ceviche appetizer and it was, perhaps the best I've had. Fresh, perfectly "cooked", and the leche de tigre was to die for. I could have that every day. For entree we shared one of the Chilean specialties, skirt steak over fries with eggs on top. Fantastic. The steak was done perfectly and was seasoned. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 28 March 2017

We thought the food here was great. The service was fast and friendly, they offered to go off menu completely voluntarily to get us exactly what we were looking for.

The mofongo was good (not that I have a lot of experience with it to compare to) and they have vegetarian versions on menu,

The seafood lovers in our party enjoyed the ceviche as well.

Would go back!!!

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

I cannot say enough good things about this place. The food and drinks were wonderful and the service was incredible. Everyone there seemed to go out of their way to make sure we were pleased with everything. Try to request Debra as a server if possible. You could not meet a nicer or more helpful lady. She even wrote down some of her favorite local spots for us to experience in our upcoming week in San Juan. A++++

Reviewed 25 March 2017

We tried the cassava mofongo with steak and avocado topped with crabmeat. Both were so delicious and it was the highlight of our trip to Old San Juan.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

When here based on TA reviews. One of the best dinners on our trip. The food was excellent as was the service. The drinks, mojitos and red sangria were the best drinks the entire trip also. If in Old San Juan, I highly recommend.