“Wow!”

Comederia Fonda Urbana
Ranked #370 of 1,126 Restaurants in San Juan
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Went for a quick dinner with my dad and as I saw the menu, quickly the salmon with papaya and bacon caught my attention, i ordered it with the coconut rice, and OH MY GOOOOD it was amaziiing!
It was probably one of the most memorable dishes I’ve had in a wild!
It was so good i went a few days later to eat it again.
The service was very good.
In my opinion the lighting is too dark, but other than that everything is great.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

After Maria a bit of a touch-up with really knowable staff. I believe its the same owner and chef as its former name, Jaquita baya. The food is outstanding and changes depending on whats in the market that day.

1  Thank Bunneb
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Went to Comederia, thinking it would be similar to la Jaquita baya, its predecessor, and was surprised that it is much better, even more affordably priced and well attended by the owners and employees.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Don't take me wrong, I have been listening about Jaquita Baya (the previous name of this venue) for a while but I really was disappointed. The menu is a variety of local food served in a new perspective. The servings are extremely small. I had the "serenata con bacalao" and it was served fridge cold. I didn't mind it because I personally like cold food, nevertheless, there should be a note in the menu advising that it is a cold dish. By the way, the version of this serenata, while not bad, is nothing like the real puertorrican serenata. In general, I was not satisfied and I don't plan to go back.

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Chef Xavier Pacheco, one of Puerto Rico's best, will take you to an explosive tour of flavors in his Restaurant Comederia Fonda Urbana. Don't miss the opportunity to have the best Sunday brunch in town but also lunch and dinner from Monday thru Saturday. Ask for Mr. Pacheco. He will greet you with his contagious smile and personality.