“Original Owners Very Pleased...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Private beach
Magic 180 degree views of gold course, lush surroundings and the ocean
Villa at night
Garden hillside
View from entering thru the gate
The veranda
Veranda daytime
Removable Creche attachment around the pool for child safety
Veranda
Villa Kitchen - newly built
Riding on the Beach available only 10min away
Waterfall 'Dunns' river' is located 30min nearby
Private Beach
Golf early in the morning
Relaxing with a drink in the garden
Lush garden with lots of fruit trees
Runaway Bay Private Residential beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
_bsmcg177...
Atherton, California
“Original Owners Very Pleased...”
Reviewed 21 September 2018 for a stay in October 2017
people found this review helpful

We are the original owners that commissioned a well known Italian builder to build our dream Villa. Located so it receives the bennefits of the West Indies Trade Winds, this is a home that has seen many life styles not to mention, in the early years, Bob Marley would visit Loui Lataillade to discuss politics and music... A knock on the door and there stands Bob Marley and crew, still has 'wow' factor. The owners have done a wonderul job with new roofs, and a general updating of the bathrooms and landscape. My wife Anne and I came very close to moving from Atherton Ca. to live full time in Runaway Bay... Seeing the potential of the home gives me another "I should of..." Absolutley Beautiful, Thanks for taking such wonderful care of VS.

Bryant McGrath

25 Sep 2018
Hello Mr McGrath,
What an honor to hear that you are pleased with the development of the Villa and how it looks today. The bit of history about how Bob Marley himself used to come here to discuss politics and music is priceless, thank you and is there a way we could contact you further to record this information? We always felt that the place was blessed, now we know why.
Thank you sir, and please let us know how we can contact you for a interview.

Kind regards
elehansso...
Los Angeles, California
“Vacation heaven for families”
Reviewed 20 September 2018 for a stay in December 2017

Me and my husband and 3 children stayed here for 1 week in December 2017 and we didn't want to leave!
I had never had the luxury of a full staff catering to me, so I was in heaven! Miss Monica cooked up delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners and sometimes even made special lemonades for the kids and Brittish tea style for me in the afternoon. Miss Evette cleaned the rooms daily and even folded the kids clothes. The groundsman Steven was so much more than that. He was a lifeguard around the pool and played with the kids, he knew the fruits and herbs in the garden well so he cut up fresh sugar cane for us everyday and made a compression of natural roots and herbs for my husbands bad knee circulation that helped with the stiffness.
He even took the 9month baby for a walk in the stroller around the Villa so I could eat dinner in peace, what a great service for a tired parent like me.
The pool was lovely, big enough for everyone to swim, dive and visible from all rooms around the pool. The public beach was located within a 10 min walk and I enjoyed that they had a restaurant where we bought lunch and drinks so we didn't have to walk back up to the Villa, until the end of the day when we were done swimming and snorkeling in the turquoise water. One day they also had a local DJ spin the best reggae mix I ever heard, it was like a movie to experience that in Jamaica.
The icing on the cake was when I mentioned that my body was tired and they called in a masseuse named Miss Dawn the same afternoon, she was incredible! She set up her table right in front of the pool and worked her magic for what felt like 90min +, but was really 60min and she totally found all my achy parts that needed work.
My family and I had an amazing, recharging and memorable time together at this Villa with genuine staff, magic 180 degree views and delicious food, we didn't even go out on any of the excursions available, staying at the Villa and by the beach was bliss. I truly recommend this place to all families and 420 adults looking to catch a real Jamaican vibe.

Jaynia S
“Perfect Retreat Villa to Bond with Extended Family”
Reviewed 9 September 2018 for a stay in August 2018
people found this review helpful

We were planning a family vacation to include my extended family- siblings, their kids and parents (a party of 13). I wanted a location that facilitated bonding plus fun as we did not plan to do tours outside. We wanted the location to provide somewhere with large focal areas for congregating so we did not spend too much time in our rooms. Exodus Retreat provided EXACTLY what we were hoping for and even more.

The layout of the rooms and large veranda around the pool area, meant we had lots of spots to hang out. When not in the pool, the kids had lots of veranda space to play card games and other activities. The lush sloping lawns behind the villa was the scene for playing tag, racing and water balloon fights. We even hung our travel hammock under the trees and that was a cozy spot to relax and read (or sleep in the case of my sister).

The villa provided access to a private beach nearby. We were however enjoying our time on the property so much that we did not want to leave.

The icing on the cake was the very attentive staff. They were extremely courteous and accommodating. Ora greeted us so warmly on arrival and showed us around on behalf of the Villa owner. Then we met the rest of the staff one by one.

Steve and Mikey stood as very attentive guard at the pool every time the kids got in. I could tell they were also very knowledgeable as to proper swimming techniques. They also made sure we were comfortable by accommodating our needs.

Ms Yvette was always making sure we were extremely comfortable daily and Ms Monica did an excellent job of having very tasty meals ready for us.
The extra touch of the villa staff made this experience all the more memorable.

We definitely would love to book with Exodus Retreat again when we return in the future. We ALL had an amazing time!

25 Sep 2018
Thank you Jaynia, it was our pleasure to have you and your lovely family come stay with us and we welcome you back anytime. Thank you again,

Kind regards,

Eleonore
Sherry C
“Amazing”
Reviewed 27 February 2018 for a stay in May 2017

We spent 10 days in paradise. Andrew, Monica, Stephen, and Regina were amazing hosts. My husband and I took my parents with us and it was our best vacation ever! Ms. Monica is the best cook. We definitely wanted to take her home! Stephen and Regina took such good care of us. They brought us fresh aloe for our sunburns and even made an herbal remedy for my dad's ankle. Stephen and Andrew taught us a lot about Jamaica and were so interesting to talk to. We are going back this year and we can't wait!

10 Apr 2018
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate all feedback and welcome you back soon again to our beautiful Villa & staff.

Blessings!
Geoffrey...
Uxbridge, Canada
“Best Place to Stay in Runaway Bay”
Reviewed 11 February 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

We had planned our family reunion in Jamaica for a number of years and we had very high expectations. Clare and the Exodus Retreat Team exceeded them all. Andrew; the Villa Manager; Steven, Miss Monica, and Regina were attentive to our needs and made us feel at home but also gave us space when we did not need them.

Before we even arrived, Clare and I communicated by email about a long list of produce and grocery items so that the Villa would be well-stocked upon arrival, and this worked out really well. Also, it was a great feeling to be supporting small, local businesses in Jamaica. Andrew and Steven even took us to historic Brown’s Town for the huge annual Christmas market where we bought ginger, thyme, yam, garlic, scallion, sweet potato and much more from local small farmers.

The Villa has spectacular views over the golf course and distant trees to the ocean. Sunrises and sunsets were stunning. Several bedrooms look out across the pool deck and the greenery beyond.

There were thirteen of us, including four married couples, and we ranged in age from 14 to 64. We were easily accommodated in the Villa and part of the owner’s residence. The dining table by the pool had more than enough room for us and the Kitchen was very spacious with a pantry, large fridge, and six burner gas range and industrial oven.

Miss Monica turned out all of our Jamaican favourites from achee and saltfish, to oxtail, red pea soup, fried fish, and more. She was a real pleasure to work with and be around. We wanted to take her home!

We also cooked many meals with ease, starting the day with incredibly delicious high mountain coffee stirred up in a big pot, plantain porridge, oatmeal, and whole wheat hardo toast, along with eggs, fish, fritters, and French toast. Jamaican fruit is hard to describe because it is so fresh and wholesome but we found bananas, pineapple, plantain, grapefruit, and June plum in season and tried to keep the fruit bowl well-stocked.

Steven was also very helpful in the Kitchen and with the large charcoal barbecue in which he cooked fresh lobster we bought where Andrew moors his Catamaran. Steven also kept the pool running perfectly and the grounds manicured. He was lots of fun and soon seemed to be part of our family.

Andrew was informative, extremely funny, smart, and highly entertaining and and he checked on us each morning and each evening to make sure we were having a great time. The owner of Vagabond Charters, Andrew and his deck hands took us on an exhilarating sail aboard his Catamaran, a visit to a Mangrove swamp, as well as to a reef to snorkel. He knows so much about the real Jamaica that many tourist do not get to experience. This was very important to us because we really wanted the younger generation to understand their heritage.

Every day we walked down to the public beach and spent hours swimming and soaking up Vitamin D for the long Canadian winter ahead. We ate delicious food at Flavours Restaurant and mingled with the locals and a few tourists. We had a great time and felt perfectly safe.

Thanks as well to Everton and his partner drivers who provided transportation to and from the airport as well as a trip to Rose Hall, Portland, and a side trip to Rick’s Cafe in Negril.

As I look out the snow is falling and I really hope that some of us can return soon. We will definitely come back to Runaway Bay and the Sevilla Villa at Exodus Retreat. Thank you Clare and all the staff for a dream Jamaican Family reunion come true.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing