1,397 results
All reviews gilbert blackwood honeymoon suite water pressure small resort beach area recommend this resort beach towels entertainment jamaica vacation disco band couples rum mama alcohol crew
Reviewed 6 February 2011

I just returned from Club Ambiance last night and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised with my overall stay considering the negative reviews that I had read prior to my stay. Let me say this - if you expect 5 a 5 star experience, then go stay at a 5 star resort! With Club Ambiance, you get what you pay for as far as the rooms, food, where the property is located, etc. However, the staff was first class all the way!! They went above and beyond to make sure all the guests were happy. Every single one of them from the housekeepers, bartenders, lifeguards, entertainment staff and administrative staff bent over backwards to make sure we had fun. For that reason alone, I will be returning next year. I met several people who were repeat visitors to Club Ambiance. That should tell you a lot right there.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank linkety
Reviewed 29 January 2011

My wife and I stayed at "Club Ambiance” from the 11-18th of December, the weather was with us for the most part, sunny for at least most of every day. You have to remember this is the tropics! We have been to Jamaica 21 times and have stayed at some real high-end resorts and a couple of bargain resorts. For the money, we found Club Ambiance a great deal for the money. Having to eat every meal on a buffet has some drawbacks, but the food was fresh and well prepared, actually much better then some of the more pricey resorts we have stayed. Our room was clean and comfortable with a nice patio that we sat on every morning with coffee and every evening with one last drink. The staff was always friendly and willing to help make your stay great. My wife and I are both wine snobs and actually found there every day wine to be quite drinkable, not like the resort we went to in Mexico in the spring (can you say chemical wine!) The beach is small but kept quite clean, the nude beach was small, would like to see them make it a bit bigger, but still met some real nice folks "On the dark side" meaning the nude beach. The resort is a bit more on the laid-back side, but that’s what we like. The average age was around 40 – 70’s with a few young folks thrown in. The real plus for us at this resort was NO KIDS! When we are on vacation we do not want to hear, MOMMY, MOMMY Or Johnny don’t hit your sister! While we were there, the place was bought out by a new owner, hope he keeps it adult only! We did get our package on a last minute deal but even if we had to pay, a little bit more we would love to come back. Thank you Club Ambiance for a very nice vacation!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank arockin55
Reviewed 29 January 2011

Our 5th time at Club Ambiance is down in the books as being one of the best! We had a group of 30 this year! As usual we had the private villa along with several rooms at the resort. This is a resort that keeps us coming back year after year, and we are already booked for 2012!

Some things to know about the resort:
It is 3 star, you are getting 5 star service at a 3 star price. The rooms are dated, but always clean. The beaches are cleaned and raked every day. The food in the buffett is always plentiful and I always find something I like. The burgers and chicken wraps at the grill are fabulous! There is not much for swimming in the ocean or walking along the beach, but they have staff that will take you out snorkeling, and it is great snorkeling. The entertainment is as good as any resort I have stayed at in jamaica, and that has been plenty. Plus there is no having to get there an hour before showtime to get a table. If you want to keep on partying the disco opens at 11, and believe me it can be a great time if you get a good crowd in there!

We have made some great friendships at this resort, through the staff and through guests. We met some great new people that were brand new to the resort and they are all coming back with us next year, so that says a lot for how they feel about this resort!

If you have the pleasure of staying at this resort, please remember you are getting way more than what you pay for! Also if you make friends with the staff you will have friends for life, and Club Ambiance will become your 2nd home!

I would also suggest if you are traveling with other couples or a larger group try out the private villa! It is nice to have your own private beach and pool to hang out with your friends! Plus still have the resort to hang with everyone else! The villa has 3 private rooms with baths, plus a community living room and kitchen. You still get all your drinks and food included at the resort when you stay at the villa also.

As always Club Ambiance has exceeded my expectations! I wish I could list every team member that made it great, but there are so many and I would hate to miss someone! There was not one person from the housekeeping, bartenders, dining room staff, or entertainment that were not always friendly and wanted to make our stay great! I do have to say if you have the pleasure of meeting the manager Gilbert or office manager Loraine, you will get a feel of how all the staff is, they are wonderful people that go out of their way year after year to make our stay at CA one to remember!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2011

a very quiet resort...clean and very friendly staff..comfortable room..hotel needs a major facelift..it could be described as quaint..poor beaches...nice big pool...food good..usually 2-3 options...lots of good cocktails and bartenders willing to make what you want...entertainment lacking...i found the evening shows bordered on boring...most nights perhaps 20-30 people tops at the stage...often only 10 at the main bar...never checked the disco but was told maybe 5 people there..i am a frequent traveller to jamaica and chose this place as i prefer small resorts...but i found it too quiet..was surprised at the number of repeat guests but i can see that if you want to just totally relax and lay around then this would be an okay place...nice weather and verty laid back staff..hour and a half from airport...nothing to walk to off resort...met some great people and enjoyed Storm and Phillip(bar)..also the lovely smiles from my dining room staff and wait staff

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank mojo2007
Reviewed 25 January 2011

My partner and I chose Club Ambiance in Jamaica because we liked the size of the resort and the reviews were good.

Our experience matched our expectations. It is a simple, well kept, clean place.

Upon arrival and check in we were welcomed with a tropical drink. While our room was somewhat dated, it was always clean and comfortable.

The Staff and Crew are very friendly and accommodating. In particular the Entertainment staff Omar, Dexter and Storm made everyone feel welcome with great energy and exuberance. They really know how to get everyone to take part.

The daily buffet always provided a good selection of well prepared food -- something for everyone. In particular the freshly made to order omelet in the morning was excellent and provided with a friendly smile.

The evening entertainment was very good and there was something different almost every night. The bar staff were entertaining and treated us well.

The 3 beaches are well kept and sun beds were always available. However, heading into the water and swimming was not the greatest -- shallow and rocky. Not a place if you are a big beach/swimming lover.

We recommend you book trips at the resort, either through the desk or with local drivers (ask for Fabian). Going to Dunn's via Catamaran was fun. The market was interesting but be prepared to get harassed. We also took a half day trip to the local plantation Sun Valley with Fabian which was informative and interesting.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple