1,397 results
All reviews gilbert blackwood honeymoon suite water pressure small resort beach area recommend this resort beach towels entertainment jamaica vacation disco band couples rum mama alcohol crew
Reviewed 7 September 2017

This is the first resort my wife and I went to in Jamaica we did return a second time .this is a small resort but the food was outstanding and the entertainment was great the staff treated us so greatly I would recommend this resort if your looking for a smaller adult only resort

Stayed: October 2016
4  Thank RICHM03567
ambiance87, Director of Sales at Club Ambiance, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

On behalf of the staff and Managers,thank you RICHM03567 for your kind accolades.Your expressed views have been shared to all and extended moreso to the Entertainment staff and Kitchen Department.We anticipate a future visit and wish you all that's good.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Upon my arrival at Club Ambiance, I was instantly greeted and made to feel as if I was home. My fiance and I stumbled in out curiosity while enjoying our road trip when we decided to take a tour. The facility was beautiful, the staff was friendly, and the food was excellent. We instantly felt like family while we were there and we are already planning for another visit in the near future. Did I mention that the views are breathtaking?! Can't wait to visit Club Ambiance again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2017

I regret spending my hard earned cash at that place..spotty towels.. brownish sheets..crappy food.. skeleton staff..tv has only 3 stations. The place is run down. There was no sign of management anywhere to make a complaint. Even the beach had garbage. That was my second visit after 2 yes. Bartender Dwayne...Fiona and Shawn front desk sells the place well but inside you will regret it. Wouldn't recommend club ambiance to anyone..

Stayed: June 2017
12  Thank genevie2017
ambiance87, Director of Sales at Club Ambiance, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Thank you genevie2017 for your Review on your stay with us and regret your expectations were not met.The challenges you mentioned have been shared with the key Management personnel responsible for those areas.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Club Ambiance 9 to 16 June 2017
My Five Best List
1- The blissful moments that we had on this small beach were one of a kind and so relaxing, that I fell into a Zen that was so peaceful and rejuvenating. One may say these were truly million dollar moments.
2- During the week of our stay, there were less than 20 other guests, mostly Jamaicans who had come for just the weekend, and were gone by Monday. This contributed to the resort being very quiet and peaceful.
3- We had the nude beach to ourselves and at times even had the occasional beach service, during the weekend. Very few guests came out to the beach area during our total stay.
4- Our room #15 a Honeymoon Sweet, was a totally spacious large room. Private ocean view deck with two chairs & table at the entry of room. This unit contains: TV siting area with two large couches, coffee table, TV cabinet/storage with 32-inch screen, a small fridge, coffee maker with packages of coffee and sugar, a large king-size bed with a small TV, 2 night stands, chest of draws, writing desk & chair. Further a large walk-in closet with plenty of cloths hanging space/draws for storage, a safe/with lock & key, iron/board, large shoe rack. Then the bathroom with a double sink/large mirror, a large bath tube with a large window looking out to the ocean, there is also a shower unit off to the side and then the toilet.
5- The food over the weekend was a limited buffet with some of the best Jamaican dishes I have tasted. The cooks truly can take credit here.
However, on Tuesday the evening meal dropped to a menu and all meals from that point were from a menu. This menu was very limited with some dishes being left overs from the weekend. Again, meals where to be an all-inclusive buffet through-out our entire stay.
Worth mentioning, they also severed a great hamburger combination that helped save the day when the buffet changed to a menu, the short order cook can take credit here.

Names that I will mention are as follows:
Mr. Blackwood, Mr. Burchell, Gellian Riley, Princess,
Karen, Milton, Nikki, Kedesha, Phillip, Sean, Michael, Chris, Fiona, Leroy,
Cooks: Mama, Zerry-Ann, (also there is a short order cook his name I did not acquire)

The water was being turned off on several nights. Also we were forced to take cold showers because there wasn’t any hot water. I can not see Sunwing continuing to endorse this resort should it operate in this routine. Furthermore, it was encouraging to have a chance conversation with a member of the crew taking a serious look at a future acquisition. This would be so good for the staff remaining at this resort.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank AlbertaBucanero
ambiance87, Director of Sales at Club Ambiance, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Thank you AlbertaBucanero for your on point Review describing your recent stay with us at Club Ambiance Resort,and immediate apologies for the inconveniences with the cold water situation.The writer recollects you sharing that concern,the explanations and proof accepted by both of you, and which was rectified. We recognise and are pleased,that several aspects of your stay were very pleasant and the key points of staff influence on same highlighted by you,was noteworthy,our sincere gratitude for that.The possibility,real or perceived,of any future acquisition or ownership change,is not the main focus currently,and this writer is not aware of that activity.The thrust is the consistency and fervour of the combined efforts of all staff and Managers enhancing and improving and re-imagining the overall guests experiences and expectations,that is unswerving and a bullseye committment and pledge.Your Review is very helpful in many ways and wish and hope for a future visit perhaps through our wonderful professional partners SunWing,who collectively,continue to assist and be pro-active to guarantee our mutual clients needs and wants are dealt with effectively,fairly and quickly.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Club Ambiance - June 09th to 16th 2017

I would like to Thank Gellian Riley (email bookings@clubambiancejamaica.com) for answering my emails and surprising my Husband and I with Honeymoon suite # 15. Your efforts were very much appreciated.

Bus ride to Club Ambiance (2 stops) took 1hr & 15 min.

We were greeted by receptionist Sean who has the most wonderful smile and were given a nice cool drink and then taken to our room by Leroy. The suite had a lovely veranda, private French door entrance with a mini garden, table and chairs and view of the ocean. The suite itself had loads of room with a King sized bed, two TV’s (one above the bed) two couches, large walk in closet with free key lock safe and iron/board, good sized bathroom with two sinks, toilet, separate shower and tub with shower, loads of drawers, coffee maker and empty mini fridge.
The air conditioner worked great, but was very loud. Most of the towels provided are worn out, have disgusting stains and need a good boiling with detergent and bleach or, better yet cut up and used for rags.

The hotel itself is very tired and has seen better days, none of this is the fault of the Staff and General Manager (Gilbert Blackwood) who happens to be a gem of a man and will turn himself inside out to resolve issues, especially when working with barebones.

As a general rule my Husband and I travel in low season, as the hotels tend to be quieter and don’t have as many people around. The biggest draw card Club Ambiance had for us is that it is a gated, private, Adults only resort with the freedom to go Nude on the beach, and there are no beach vendors.

The beach itself is man made and is fortressed off from the open ocean with very large rocks. In a sense it is more of a lagoon, the water only reaches your knees, so we had a great time on our water floaters and it was nice to drift off to sleep and not worry about being carried off by the current. Beyond the rocks is good for snorkelling and fishing.
Because the lagoon area is so small it really does need to be dredged out big time. We were the only ones using the beach/ocean, which was a total blessing, because there is not much to it. It was like having our own private oasis all to ourselves and we loved it.
If there were other Guests using the Lagoon, it would be like a bunch of Adults sharing a toddlers wading pool. We really enjoyed being visited by Pelicans, Cranes and other tropical birds.
The beach loungers are in dire need of scrubbing and fabric being stretched and or, replaced. We brought our own Yoga mats and beach towels and were real glad of it.
It was so nice not having to get up at the crack of dawn to reserve our special spot on the beach and just to chill out and relax.

The odd time we did receive beach service, which was very much appreciated.
As a general rule the service at the hotel was very laid back.
We were thrilled when Princess and Karen delivered Jamaican Patties to us on the beach. A huge Thank-you to Sweetheart Burchell (Sales & Marketing Manager), for making these arrangements.
The Buffet did not have much of a selection of food, but what they did have was very tasty. Zerry-Ann’s jerk chicken and curried goat were to die for; my taste buds were doing a dance. The curried chicken, Southern fried chicken and hamburgers were also very good.
I can assure you Zerry-Ann and kitchen supervisor Mama could rattle chains in any of Gordon Ramsay’s competitions. My Husband and I were gutted when the Buffet was taken away and replaced with a pathetic, limited menu with obvious leftovers.

It did not help either that the only bar opened had a limited selection of alcohol and ran out of Rum, Jamaican Rum Cream and tomato juice. This problem was resolved, but is definitely an issue with an All Inclusive package.

The hotel has the worst water issues we have ever had to endure in 44 All-inclusive vacations (Cuba, Mexico, Dominican, Jamaica). Several times we had to ask for the water to be turned back on and for hot water, this did not help at night because no bottled water is provided if you get thirsty and you can’t wash your hands or, flush the toilet. The lack of water did reflect the quality of cleaning within our room.

I am grateful to Gilbert Blackwell and the Sunwing Representative -Tresan, for being so understanding and providing us some compensation.

We would consider returning to this hotel when the New Owners take over.

I would like to thank the following Staff for their service: Karen, Nikki, Philip, Kedesha, Milton, Michael, Fiona, Chris the Coconut man, Ocean and the Security Guards.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sweetmystery0
ambiance87, Director of Sales at Club Ambiance, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Thank you sweetmystery0 for your detailed and comprehensive Review on your recent stay at Club Ambiance Resort.We are pleased and appreciate the praise to the hardworking and dedicated staff and Managers,simultaneously acknowledging without prejudice or bias,the concerns and observations of other aspects during your stay,which undoubtedly had some negative impact on both of you.We unreservedly apologise for same.

Your Review was shared with all Managers initially,and with discretion,the comments therein shared with all the staff mentioned where appropiate.

While we are stimulated and encouraged by the positive accolades you expressed about several employees,your views posited about the challenges and mishaps and maintenance and housekeeping issues and drawbacks,are those we have focused on and paying extraordinary attention and importance with.None of our guests and clients and partners staying with us should experience any sort of discomfort,displacement and inconveniences with any of the services,offerings and inclusions they paid for and justifiably deserve and expect,and as you outlined from your recollection,was not so in its entirety for both of you.

Whilst this writer has no current evidence or confirmation to date of an ownership change,and will and can not comment on,our hope is a return visit as soon as possible,as the friendship and new friends developed and made on your trip is true authentic
Jamaican characteristics.The memories of the conversations,laughter,shared common values and stories,exchanges of love and respect,(the heartwarming story you shared with this writer about the drawbacks initially with business and where the success and growth eventually reached overtime),those are the priceless gems every single person named in your Review,still treasure and remember,undaunted,though very important,by the unfortunate circumstances highlighted.

Our journey still continues at Club Ambiance Resort sweetmystery0,please join us again when you can.