1,397 results
All reviews gilbert blackwood honeymoon suite water pressure small resort beach area recommend this resort beach towels entertainment jamaica vacation disco band couples rum mama alcohol crew
Reviewed 24 March 2012

If you want to get drunk and stoned this is the place for you , if you want a great time with GOOD FOOD and GOOD DRINKS this is not the place for you. The staff partake in everything from your meals , drinks and they will light your joint if you need be. Not what I was looking for in a vacation and will never go back. This place is falling down around you and some of the smells I don't know what the hell they are. Not a good smell if you know what I am talking about. Cheap places are always what you get, don't get me wrong if you want to get stoned and sick book a room.

Room Tip: my tip would be to stay away
1  Thank KEV123_12
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We loved our stay at the Club. The staff was extremely friendly, the entertainment crew was enthusiastic and fun and the hotel was very clean. We spent most of our beach time on the "clothing optional" side. It was quiet and respectful. The other guests were lots of fun as well. No one there expected a five star resort so we were all pretty laid back. We would recommend this to ANYONE! It's alot of fun for the money!

Room Tip: Every room has a view of the water. Second floor rooms have a more private balcony. Our room was large compared to many 5 star rooms I have stayed in.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here in early February.

Is it a 5 star resort, no. But it does not claim to be one.

The rooms are clean, the staff is extremely friendly and people do go out of their way to make sure you are happy and having a good time.

As others have said, if you want quiet, get a room overlooking the pool. We had a room on the other side of the resort and it was quite noisy between the evening shows and the karaoke that took place one night.

With only 1 sit down restaurant (a buffet), there is not a huge choice of food at meals, but meals are well cooked and tasty.

There are burgers, etc. available at the grill as well.

The only real let down was a lack of a beach that we could walk on, but we knew what we were getting into when we booked. Public beaches are a short cab ride away however.

Everyone we met seemed to be happy we were there and wanted to make sure we had a great time. Nigel and "Crazyman" took care of us with the drinks! Martino went beyond the call in the dining room.

Although tipping is not required, we did so every couple of rounds of drinks and at the end of our stay. The emplyees worked hard to make sure we had everything we needed and they do not get paid all that much for all that they do.

From what we could tell, this is a family run resort and many of the staff has been there for years. Things are a bit up in the air as the property is rumored to be up for sale and the staff is a bit apprehensive as to what the future might be although the current owner is trying to insure that current employees will keep their jobs if the resort is sold.

Would we stay here again? Yes.

Is it a mega resort with miles of beaches, restaurants and activities 24 hours a day? No.

It is a simple, clean, relaxing place to go to have a good time!

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room, get one overlooking the pool.
5  Thank TheRusticBistro
Reviewed 19 March 2012

This was our 3rd visit to Club Ambiance we made the visit with My brother & his Wife as we were renewing our vows. It had been 9yrs since our last trip and the hotel had now changed owner & Hotel Manager.We were a lttle concerned it wouldnt have that special atmosphere still. The Majority of bar & resturant staff have changed and are not anywhere near as concentious as the staff we had grown very fond of. Thank god for the staff we did know Sharon & Damien amongest others,he his now head of entertainment, he is brilliant very friendly & helpfull. Some of his quizs need a particualar sense of humour but are a good laugh.Gilbert was Resturant Manager on our last visit but he is now the best Hotel Manager we have ever had the pleasure to meet. Nothing is too much trouble! he would often be found on the terrace of an evening.His energy is endles with the very long days he works he most definatley deserved the promotion.Joe the lifeguard is a lovely full of energy lad, with a beautifull smile he will do anything for you and enjoys a chat and a laugh with you, he is also a life saver around the bar as the pool bar staff are not always available, Particually Stacy, lovely girl but not the keenest too work, her vanishing acts were notorious.
The Hotel itself has not changed much other than it now has a nudist beach which is a waste of beach as it is barely used. We were happy to see they are upgrading the rooms the decor is much the same bright and cheerfull. They now have fridges and have either a kettle or coffee machine. They have also started a programme of replaceing the old air-con units and installing newer much better units.Be warned though channel 5 is definatley for those with particualr adult tastes!
The day we renewed our vows i made a visit to the hairdresser, a young girl & on my initail visit to the hotel 10yrs ago when we got married there, i had visited her with devastating results so i was more than a little apprehnsive.But i had no basis for this i had been growing my hair for some time in order for me to be able to have an updo, on the advice of my regular hairdresser i also took a ponytail hairpiece for her to use. Once she had finished it was absolutly beautifull I was overjoyed it was truely lovely. On the evening of the renewal we hada a -la carte meal and had chosen steak. When we arrived we found Richard 2nd in charge of the dining room had made a special effort and the table setting was particullary nice. Once seated the waiter came over and that was when we were surprised to find it was not just a steak we were getting but a four course meal soup, salad, Fillet steak, desert, the steak in particualr was devine very tender and delicious.
Some of the entertainment was particually excellent. but the resident singer really nice chap but he is not the most adventourous singer, he still sings the same set he sang 10yrs ago.
All in all we had a lovely time very relaxing and with the mobility problems i have found the management thoughout the hotel very helpfull and constant at ensuring i was assisted when required.We will most definatly keep in touch with Gilbert & with luck visit again when we can.

We are very concerned though as being british booking the hotel via a british tour operator is extremly difficult as only Cosmos is now offering it and you have to travel to Gatwick THIS RESULTS IN VIRTUALLY NO BRITISH GUESTS!!! AS ONCE THERE WERE LOADS IT WAS MENTIONED IF THIS WAS THE HOTEL NOT WANTING US THERE BUT I CAN ASSURE YOU ITS DOWN TO THE NEW HOTELS IN JAMACIA WHERE THE TOUR OPERATORS HAVE MORE CONTROL. COME ON THOMSON THOMAS COOK YOU RE MISSING A GEM HERE...

Love& best wishes to all Staff we met.

5  Thank carolandjeff
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I enjoyed my 4 day stay. The staff was very accomodating and making a person feel at home. Food was good. Entertainment was great.
I am glad places like this exist.
Nathan Martin NY