“A lovely apt. In the mountains with lot of...”
other travellers have booked this property
view from porch kitchen
orchid in tree by pool
pool
fish pond
lawns
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Gregory S
St. George's Parish, Bermuda
“A lovely apt. In the mountains with lot of beautiful view all around”
Reviewed 14 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

My first time in Port Antonio and the stayed at Shot Over which sat on top of a mountain so peacefull and beautifull lots of fruit trees. It's a mountain drive but once you get there you where glad to go a Shot Over and might not want to leave. There was a breeze that seems to alway be blowing so at the pool house you don't need any shade. The apt. Is kind of private and very nice size and clean. Derrick and his wife grown most of their own food they have chickens they use for some meat, plus they catch and save and use it later, saving water which is a passion that I have and want the world to do the same. I felt good to know there are people who live a Green life for good living. I will go back from time to time cause the peacefulness and quite thinking time. Thank you Derrick and wife.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Living in mountains with swimming pool, birds and help
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
petals100
Roxbury, Connecticut
“dirty and dangerous”
Reviewed 15 September 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

I was so looking forward to staying at this cottage and was hugely disappointed. Indeed the view over the mountains is spectacular but the cottage was in a dreadful state. I also booked transport from the airport through the owner and was collected by a dirty illegal taxi which was a harrowing journey along dangerous roads. On arrival I wanted a shower but the hot water was broken and didn't get repaired until the next day. Everything in the kitchen was covered in grime, there is actually no hot water in the kitchen to wash the dishes, it is unsanitary. I tried to boil some water on the gas stove but that was broken, it was emitting gas but wouldn't light, it also had broken controls. There were bare electrical wires and broken sockets. I went to the pool and that was dirty and slimy. The owner's dog was out of control and kept bounding over and jumping at me and scratched my legs. I was going to try and make the best of it as it took a lot of planning for this vacation but during the night there were large rodents running across the ceiling/roof space. Needless to say I left after the first night. I didn't expect luxury accommodation but it should have been clean and safe at least, this was a disgrace. The owner should be ashamed listing it in such a bad state.

Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
18 Sep 2015
Needless to say. we were taken completely by surprise with this guest. She was picked up at the by my personal car with a driver. We did our best to accommodate all her requests and all seemed fine. The next day when we brought in a cook for her, she was completely freaked out. We ended up getting a taxi to take her to a hotel. This booking was in May and this is the first we have heard from her. We feel that this type of guest is best suited to hotels not country cottages.
MrsJamaic...
Jamaica
“Nice and relaxing”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

My husband and I spent our 4th anniversarry at this beautiful cottage. Very quiet property, clean and pretty. Lots of birds to watch... overlooking the blue mountains. cottage is older, simple and nothing fancy but was okay with us. the pool was nice but needed to be cleaned. there was nobody else staying on the property except the owner and his wife, both very nice people. it's off the main road just before the town of Portland way up a hill.... about a 15-20 drive, on a very rough road.... low bottom car wouldn't make it. the owner met us on the main road and lead us up to the property, very kind of him.

Highly recommend this nice little getaway!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: peace and quiet
Liked least: rough road to get there
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Lila W
“A place to call home away from home”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Will go back anytime we visit Jamaica..owners very sweet and really lovely..very peaceful and beautiful..owners are very helpful.. really no words can express it its a have to visit to see for urself..thanks sherene and derick for everything we will always come back..

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing