“Heaven on a HIll”
Bedroom Decks
Pool with a View!!
Pool
Villa Layout
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

fpcchip
Hernando, Mississippi
“Heaven on a HIll”
Reviewed 27 July 2011 for a stay in July 2011

I had been wishing to return to Port Antonio ever since visiting there in 1987 and falling in love with the place as I gazed at the Neverland-like twin harbors from the old Bonnie View Hotel. I told myself that I would return there one day with my wife so that she could marvel at the beauty of Portie with me. It only took us 24 years to make it there together! Imagine my delight at finding Tranquility Villa, less than 1/4 mile from the Bonnie View at the top of Richmond Hill, with the same magnificent view of the harbors, and even better views of the Blue Mountains to the west! We absolutely LOVED our stay at Tranquility Villa. Simple, yet very comfortable, with a relaxing pool and deck, along with a spacious covered front porch and a cozy open back deck. Air Conditioning was available but rarely needed with the cool sea breezes constantly blowing through the hills. Houseman Dennis was a terrific host, engaging in conversation and caring in his actions. He even washed our car for us while we were out rafting one day! And Beverly, our cook, made sure we enjoyed the best week of dining through our entire 25 years of marriage. Every meal she prepared was both delightful and delicious. The sweet dispositions of the staff make us feel that we have friends for life in P.A., and we hope to return there to see them again. Tranquility was the perfect jumping off place for trips to Frenchman's Cove, Rio Grande rafting, Blue Lagoon, Somerset Falls, and great walking tours of Folly Point, Errol Flynn Marina, and the bustling city and Musgrave Market. We found the people to be friendly and helpful, with more to see and do than we could fill with only a week to spend. This trip was truly a dream come true for us, largely because we found the perfect spot to enjoy paradise, a home which more than lives up to its name!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The breathtaking views
Liked least: Narrowness/condition of Richmond Hill Rd!
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
NYC

Your age range 55-64
CA
Reviewed 8 July 2011 for a stay in November 2003

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 45-54
VA
Reviewed 27 June 2011 for a stay in June 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: Location, view, grounds, staff
Liked least: steep road from town
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 45-54
Recommended for:
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers Families with teenagers
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing