All reviews sea view villa housekeeper cook frenchman's cove blue lagoon great lawn rum punch party shopping list johnny cakes maintained grounds jamaican cooking pumpkin soup reach falls bird sanctuary a wonderful stay swimming pool is callaloo local market
Reviewed 6 September 2017

My husband and i gotten assign to a housekeeper who go by the name of pauletta who did nothing but flirted with my husband, sitting so inappropriate and on her phone the whole time it was awful service. the place is beautiful but need new management and new professional staff\maid. need of an upgrade ASAP. I visited before and it was a good vocation.but now i wouldnt let my dog stay there

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank alexandra19922017
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from my birthday trip to Portland and Goblin Hill Villas was the perfect property for us! The staff - from the front desk to security crews - was extremely friendly and the housekeeper/cook (Teresa) assigned to our villa was exceptional. The property has lush gardens and the most breathtaking views! I enjoyed down time reading under the almond trees while taking in views of the hills, Caribbean Sea and Princess Nina Island in the distance.

Goblin Hill Villas is in near proximity by car to rafting the Rio Grande, Boston Jerk and Reach Falls. It is also a short walk down the hill to Frenchman's Cove Beach. We visit Jamaica often but had never stayed in Portland; this stay was definitely the first of more to come. The people are friendly and don't harass you like we experienced in other Jamaican resort towns. We felt extremely safe and even frequented the local bars and restaurants to mingle with the Portlanders.

All in all it was a splendid vacation and a birthday trip I will remember for years to come. And before I forget, I recommend getting a massage on your villa patio by Antoinette, a local masseuse the property can schedule on your behalf!

Thank you, Goblin Hill Villas for a memorable vacation; we will be back!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Karen T
Marcia A, on behalf of the Goblin Hill team. at Goblin Hill Villas at San San, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Dear Karen T,

We are truly sorry to have taken such a long time to reply to you. We certainly would like to thank you for your remarkably accurate review of Goblin Hill villas at San San. We are especially pleased that your stay at GH was a memorable one, and that you intend to return in the near future.

We will pass on your compliments to the staff, and especially to Teresa, your housekeeper/cook, for being "exceptional".

We are glad you mentioned the safety of the surrounding area as we have generally found Portland to be the safest parish, with the lowest level of criminal activity across the island.

Obviously, you enjoyed your birthday trip to our lushly green side of the island. We agree, Portland is authentically Jamaican in every aspect...the people, the food, the attractions...

We look forward to hosting you again at Goblin Hill so do come back for another pleasurable visit soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

We stayed at a villa in this charming property recently. Returning to our ground floor villa in the rain and dark, inside the front door, kitchenette sink and the bathroom was alive with fire ants, the biting kind. They appeared to be pouring out of the bathroom door! We had to call reception on my mobile phone as there weren't any phones. We got a can of ant spray and sprayed extensively, tolerated the noxious smell of the spray but I still shared my shower with fire ants climbing the walls around me. Not pleasant. I complained at reception the next morning and was told this had never happened before. Talking to other Goblin Hill visitors later, several had similar fire ant experiences. Goblin Hill, you need to exterminate the fire ants from inside your beautiful villas.

Room Tip: The room was lovely, air conditioned and not a sign of a fire ant.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gillian Q
GoblinHill, other at Goblin Hill Villas at San San, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Dear Gillian Q,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience of ants at Goblin Hill.
We have removed the door they appear to have been inhabited, so am happy to report the problem is solved.

I hope you will try us again!
Marcia and the team at Goblin Hill villas at SanSan

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

The whole experience was so wonderful. The staff is friendly and helpful. I have to do work while on vacation so the Wi-Fi can be much better. Also the bathroom sinks needs fixing and the water runs very low making it hard p to brush my teeth. All and all it was nice and if surely be returning hopefully all those stuff gets fixed.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Esmeralda1291
GoblinHill, Owner at Goblin Hill Villas at San San, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear Esmeralda1291,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and the friendly staff who make such a great team.
About your WIFI issues, I must regretfully admit that despite our subscribing to a recent 'upgrade' to fiber-optic cable, the service to Port Antonio is as erratic as ever! Not the place to take urgent and important work, I have to admit. However, I hope that the inspiration you got from our amazing scenery and sea views will allow you to relax and whip out the most inspired work when you do get back to work!
We had a few days of low water pressure, but all is back to normal again. We are always trying to make things as perfect for you as possible, so thanks for pointing out the things we need to do, as well as the enjoyment you had. We hope you will find everything perfect on your next visit.
Thanks very much for your review,
from RG and the team..

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Wow! We had the time of our lives at Goblin Hill. Mr Derron, AL and the whole staff was very courteous and professional, they extended many courtesies to us to ensure that our stay was superb. We travel to Jamaica every year so we wanted to try something different since we've grown tired of the All Inclusive hotels on the North coast of Jamaica. This property is well maintained and has a panoramic look out view of the Beach and the Blue Lagoon. Wifi is free of charge and worked everywhere on the property. Room service came within 2 mins after we requested extra towels and etc. Overall our experience was very good and I would suggest to the readers to go beyond the All Inclusive resorts and experience the real Jamaica at Goblin hill.

TIPS: Call the hotel 5 hours before check in, let them know your expected arrival time so they can expedite and have everything ready for you.
Thanks again guys! We will be back!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Anthony L

Dear Anthony L,

Thanks for trying us out after having had the experience of the all-inclusives.
Goblin Hill makes the most of the peaceful, friendly parish of Port Antonio, by encouraging our guests to go out and experience the the gorgeous beaches, waterfalls, river rafting, the Blue Lagoon and much more. It's a truly unique and beautiful part of Jamaica, lush, unspoiled and with really nice people - how could they not be nice - surrounded by such natural beauty!
We look forward to serving you again and ensuring you have another relaxing, and memorable stay. Thank you too for taking the time to share your experiences...
From RG and Team Goblin Hill