All reviewssea view villahousekeeper cookfrenchman's coveblue lagoongreat lawnrum punch partyshopping listjohnny cakesmaintained groundsjamaican cookingpumpkin soupreach fallsbird sanctuarya wonderful stayswimming pool iscallaloolocal market
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

The whole experience was so wonderful. The staff is friendly and helpful. I have to do work while on vacation so the Wi-Fi can be much better. Also the bathroom sinks needs fixing and the water runs very low making it hard p to brush my teeth. All and all it was nice and if surely be returning hopefully all those stuff gets fixed.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Esmeralda1291
GoblinHill, Owner at Goblin Hill Villas at San San, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear Esmeralda1291,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and the friendly staff who make such a great team.
About your WIFI issues, I must regretfully admit that despite our subscribing to a recent 'upgrade' to fiber-optic cable, the service to Port Antonio is as erratic as ever! Not the place to take urgent and important work, I have to admit. However, I hope that the inspiration you got from our amazing scenery and sea views will allow you to relax and whip out the most inspired work when you do get back to work!
We had a few days of low water pressure, but all is back to normal again. We are always trying to make things as perfect for you as possible, so thanks for pointing out the things we need to do, as well as the enjoyment you had. We hope you will find everything perfect on your next visit.
Thanks very much for your review,
from RG and the team..

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Wow! We had the time of our lives at Goblin Hill. Mr Derron, AL and the whole staff was very courteous and professional, they extended many courtesies to us to ensure that our stay was superb. We travel to Jamaica every year so we wanted to try something different since we've grown tired of the All Inclusive hotels on the North coast of Jamaica. This property is well maintained and has a panoramic look out view of the Beach and the Blue Lagoon. Wifi is free of charge and worked everywhere on the property. Room service came within 2 mins after we requested extra towels and etc. Overall our experience was very good and I would suggest to the readers to go beyond the All Inclusive resorts and experience the real Jamaica at Goblin hill.

TIPS: Call the hotel 5 hours before check in, let them know your expected arrival time so they can expedite and have everything ready for you.
Thanks again guys! We will be back!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Anthony L

Dear Anthony L,

Thanks for trying us out after having had the experience of the all-inclusives.
Goblin Hill makes the most of the peaceful, friendly parish of Port Antonio, by encouraging our guests to go out and experience the the gorgeous beaches, waterfalls, river rafting, the Blue Lagoon and much more. It's a truly unique and beautiful part of Jamaica, lush, unspoiled and with really nice people - how could they not be nice - surrounded by such natural beauty!
We look forward to serving you again and ensuring you have another relaxing, and memorable stay. Thank you too for taking the time to share your experiences...
From RG and Team Goblin Hill

Reviewed 18 July 2017

We stayed here while attending the wedding of a relative. We knew nothing about the place when we arrived. We arrived late at night, after flying into Kingston. The roads between Kingston and Goblin Hill Villas are atrocious, so the hotel set up someone to meet us and drive us (It took a little over 2 hours, $150 one way.) If you get carsick at all, be wary. We are glad we didn't try and drive ourselves.
We had no idea there was no restaurant on the facility, but had a knock on our door in the morning, and Elaine had brought coffee and food to make us breakfast!! What a great surprise! We gave her a shopping list and some cash, and she went and bought us some staples for the villa while we were there.
The view is beautiful, Elaine was so helpful; not only did she cook for us, but procured an iron for us, gave us guidance on how to get to the beach, and since our last flight out was EARLY in the morning, she baked a cake and gave us some fresh fruit to take on the plane!
My only suggestion and wish is that the bar area would be open a little later in the evening. We would have liked to sit outside and have some drinks with our family members that were also in for the wedding.
All in all, this is a LOVELY destination, with a beautiful view, and a great chance to sample local cuisine and get to know someone from the island, through your personal housekeeper/cook. All staff members were extremely helpful and friendly!

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank hopester84

Dear hopester84,
Thank you for your lovely comments, especially about Elaine, who will receive a copy of your review for herself. She will be very happy she fulfilled our mission of ensuring that our housekeepers become our guests' ambassador to Jamaica! She will very likely be the person they will most connect with, as you found with Elaine, and they are kind, helpful and skilled at shopping and preparing all your meals with a personal touch.
We always send a response to guests telling about the personal housekeeper service we provide included in the rate, and preparing you with a description of a proposed dinner menu to have on arrival and the breakfast menu the next morning. I'm not sure why you didn't receive this information, but am glad that all's well that ended well!
I hope you will return and let us serve you again. Thanks on behalf of Elaine and all of us.
RG and the Team.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

My visit to Jamaica was prompted by my attendance at an academic conference. I came away from a recent stay at Goblin Hill Villas at San San charmed and relaxed, and satisfied that I had experienced rustic Jamaica at its best. The property's grounds are well groomed and maintained. My particular villa offered beautiful views of the ocean cove on which the property is situated. The property itself includes a charming almond tree grove situated atop the ocean cove, and several pathways that capture well the tropical setting of the area surrounding Goblin Hill. Finally, the property is staffed by warm and accommodating locals who aimed to ensure that my stay was inviting and worthy of calling Goblin Villas home, complete with a dedicated security staff who did not impose upon my vacation but ensured that I could relax without worry.

Room Tip: Best views are to be had in the villas on the back side of the property, nearest the almond tree cove.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Dear Marcusnevius,
A belated thank you for your appreciative review. We are extremely pleased that you felt that Goblin Hill was worthy of calling 'home', and that makes us feel that we are accomplishing our mission - which is to provide a restorative, reinvigorating and relaxing stay, allowing you to return home refreshed. Our staff, taken entirely from the surrounding area, are indeed special, and we are glad that you felt entirely comfortable. Portland is the most lush as well as the most peaceful part of Jamaica and I am sure the abundant natural beauty has a lot to do with the peaceful nature of the people who live here.
Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. We hope to see you again,
RG and all the Goblin Hill team.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Loved the place. Very cozy and great place to relax and unwind. The staff was awesome and went above and beyond. The drawbacks were the means to get there because of how bad the roads were but more importantly the facility needed some much needed renovations. Nonetheless, my family and I had a great time and would definitely recommend it. I describe it as a "hidden paradise ".

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family