“PERFECT SPOT IN PERFECT LOCATION!!!”
Review of San San Tropez

San San Tropez
Ranked #17 of 44 Restaurants in Port Antonio
Price range: USD 15 - USD 25
Reviewed 10 March 2016

This little hotel is gorgeous and in the perfect location. It's literally right across the street from Frenchman's Cove, which has one of the prettiest white sand beaches on the island (US$10 entry fee), but well worth it! San San Tropez sits on a little hill, slightly elevated and is surrounded by a beautiful, well-kept garden. There's a pool as well as a little restaurant that serves Italian food (Fabio makes the BEST pizza!). The rooms are all very well kept and have large king size beds and come with A/C, cable tv and good-sized working bathrooms with both cold and hot water!!! The water pressure is good, too! Also within a two minute walk, is another beautiful beach called San San, for which you can get free passes from Fabio (the owner of San San Tropez). This beach is a little more authentic than Frenchman's Cove...it's not as well groomed but does have a little restaurant that offers American (who knows why?!) cuisine. Frenchmans Cove has changing rooms, bathrooms, a nice well-priced restaurant, whereas San San doesn't offer all of those amenities, but San San does give you more of an authentic Jamaica experience. We love BOTH beaches. Also, you can walk to Woody's (about a 20 minute walk) where they have really, really good burgers! Just be sure to call ahead of time, to make sure they're open. We really enjoy staying at San San Tropez because you have all the amenities to be comfortable...i.e. beautiful grounds, nice large well-kept room, swimming pool, cable tv, restaurant on site, super friendly owner...and let me not forget to mention his adorable son who is about 7 years old! As far as location, you can't beat this place. You can easily take a route taxi into Port Antonio, the Boston Bay area, Long Bay, or Winifred Beach, which is another beautiful beach worth visiting. Fabio's property is a GEM, and we cannot wait to return!!! We love everything about this place...if I had it my way, there'd be mosquito screens on the windows, and it would be nice if the restaurant would also offer some genuine Jamaican food, not just Italian...but this is not a complaint, it's just a suggestion. We'll return here either way!!! One Love!

Reviewed 15 August 2015

I finally got a chance to go to San San Tropez for lunch one day, and from the start I was disappointed.
Once I stepped in, I was greeted with cigarette smoke in the restaurant, from a gentlemen that I later learned was actually the owner of the property.
We were however greeted and ushered to the table promptly by a gentleman who was also our chef for the day.
Upon getting the menus we were met by our Waitress. She was most cordial, and very service driven, however the casual white dress she had on, with a pair of black high top sneakers that had bells on it (which rang every time she stepped) was not appropriate for the dining room.
The meal was quite delicious I must say, but then that was changed when the Kitchen door swang open, and the owner was seen preparing a meal (probably for himself) with no shirt on and a lit cigarette in his mouth.
Even though he didnt prepare our meals the fact that he was in the kitchen smoking shirtless made me cringe, as this is extremely unsanitary, and breaks 2 of the simplest health and sanitation rules.
Though the meal was great and so was the service, the one and two hiccups would have passed, but it was the shirtless smoking owner that did it for us.
I will return when the owner follows the health and Sanitation standards.

Reviewed 2 July 2015

we always try to stop at the san san tropez for pizza when we're in port antonio. it's a gorgeous boutique hotel, with a wonderful staff, and delicious food. the fare is italian for the most part; excellent pizza, excellent pasta and sea food.

Reviewed 18 March 2015

We waited an hour and a half before getting any food. It was edible but inexciting and we had the last two bottles of wine in the place so no choice. The bill bore almost no relation to the prices on the menu and had to be corrected several times. The only plus is its convenience for Frenchman's Cove. And sometime in the past I've had a dip in the pool while waiting for the meal!

Reviewed 18 February 2015 via mobile

Went here for Valentine's Day hoping for a nice Italian experience. Firstly, our server was either sleeping or very inexperienced. He left us alone for long periods with no sign of return. Ordered shrimp cocktail which was tiny shrimp smothered in thousand island dressing. Pizza was good... I had ordered take out pizza from them before. Seafood pasta was lacking. Dining room needs a few caring touches to give it more an authentic experience. Overall this restaurant has a great location and could improve so much with just a little effort.