“Shirtless Owner in the kitchen”
Review of San San Tropez

San San Tropez
Ranked #21 of 44 Restaurants in Port Antonio
Price range: USD 15 - USD 25
Reviewed 15 August 2015

I finally got a chance to go to San San Tropez for lunch one day, and from the start I was disappointed.
Once I stepped in, I was greeted with cigarette smoke in the restaurant, from a gentlemen that I later learned was actually the owner of the property.
We were however greeted and ushered to the table promptly by a gentleman who was also our chef for the day.
Upon getting the menus we were met by our Waitress. She was most cordial, and very service driven, however the casual white dress she had on, with a pair of black high top sneakers that had bells on it (which rang every time she stepped) was not appropriate for the dining room.
The meal was quite delicious I must say, but then that was changed when the Kitchen door swang open, and the owner was seen preparing a meal (probably for himself) with no shirt on and a lit cigarette in his mouth.
Even though he didnt prepare our meals the fact that he was in the kitchen smoking shirtless made me cringe, as this is extremely unsanitary, and breaks 2 of the simplest health and sanitation rules.
Though the meal was great and so was the service, the one and two hiccups would have passed, but it was the shirtless smoking owner that did it for us.
I will return when the owner follows the health and Sanitation standards.

Reviewed 2 July 2015

we always try to stop at the san san tropez for pizza when we're in port antonio. it's a gorgeous boutique hotel, with a wonderful staff, and delicious food. the fare is italian for the most part; excellent pizza, excellent pasta and sea food.

Reviewed 18 March 2015

We waited an hour and a half before getting any food. It was edible but inexciting and we had the last two bottles of wine in the place so no choice. The bill bore almost no relation to the prices on the menu and had to be corrected several times. The only plus is its convenience for Frenchman's Cove. And sometime in the past I've had a dip in the pool while waiting for the meal!

Reviewed 18 February 2015 via mobile

Went here for Valentine's Day hoping for a nice Italian experience. Firstly, our server was either sleeping or very inexperienced. He left us alone for long periods with no sign of return. Ordered shrimp cocktail which was tiny shrimp smothered in thousand island dressing. Pizza was good... I had ordered take out pizza from them before. Seafood pasta was lacking. Dining room needs a few caring touches to give it more an authentic experience. Overall this restaurant has a great location and could improve so much with just a little effort.

Reviewed 21 October 2014

Too many cats running around. Seafood was not fresh the night we ate. Pasta Red Sauce was very good. Sat by pool in a plastic chair on a plastic table with table cloth and candle. If it is not too hot I recommend sitting inside. Service was sufficient but left a lot to be desired.

1  Thank WiseWoman2220