“Cannot wait to go back. The property, the views...”
other traveller has booked this property

Review of Somewhere West

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
KathyDris...
Warrington, Pennsylvania
“Cannot wait to go back. The property, the views, the people. All amazing.”
Reviewed 7 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016

This was our first trip to Jamaica and I'm confident that we were lucky enough to stay at the best property there is. Somewhere West is far enough away that you have the privacy to truly relax, reconnect with family and friends and even yourself. You'll remember what it is like to just Be Still. No saving your chair at poolside with a towel or water aerobics at 10am! That said, it is only a 10 minute drive to 7 mile beach, Rick's Café and the other restaurants and O'neil is happy to take you there or anywhere else you'd like to go.

The rooms are decorated with Angi's creative touches and you can see the amount of pride she takes in this property. All the rooms now have air conditioning but we didn't use it much the breezes coming off the ocean were plenty. Angi also recently added a large tiki hut by the pool with hammocks and a large table where we had many meals. O'neil's culinary skills are truly impressive. Everyone with us enjoyed all the meals he prepared.

Angi was extremely attentive and made sure that everyone was well cared for and had everything they needed. No request was left unfulfilled and she had many great suggestions of places to see for us. That level of personal service was a first for me on vacation. All the staff there were genuinely friendly and a pleasure to talk to.

The views are unbelievable. We loved the salt water pool, sunsets and listening to the waves crash on the rocks.

The best compliment that I can give is that we are currently planning our trip back next year! Looking forward to seeing Angi, O'neil and all the staff.

Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Large groups
LoriEller...
Northeastern Ontario, Canada
“Amazing gem of a place in the West End of Negril”
Reviewed 26 February 2016 for a stay in December 2015

What a wonderful place. The location is breathtaking in the cliffs. The salt water pool was outstanding. The accommodations were so bright and comforting, a place that is really hard to leave... Angi and her staff were absolutely wonderful. I will definitely be back to Somewhere West, a treasure in Negril!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The hospitality.
Friends getaway Large groups
Cbmonteit...
Hilltown, Pennsylvania
“Came as customers. Left as friends.”
Reviewed 24 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

Sometimes you need to wonder when you read so many positive reviews. I'm here to say there is no wonder. Angi, O'Neill and the entire Somewhere West team are absolutely top-notch. The SW property is astounding. Combined. They equal perfection.

From the moment you arrive you know you're at a special place. Angi greeted us and showed us to our room. The pride beaming from her. And it should be. She truly has built something special. Our group,of family and friends occupied all 4 rooms. Each is decorated in their own tropical theme with Angi's personal,decorating touches obvious. The rooms are thoughtfully arranged with everything you need for your stay. The ocean views are second to none. In less than 100 paces you are in the pool or ocean. Your not getting that in a cookie-cutter all-inclusive unless you spend serious money.

O'Neill is truly impressive. He is a young man who's culinary skills will match a Michelin chef. We enjoyed family style breakfast and dinner poolside. We quickly learned to remove the reigns from O'Neill and let him cook us up a meal. He never disappointed. He also safely drove us all over town in the reggae van.

There is nothing Angi would not do to enhance our visit. From finding reggae on the beach, restaurants, reservations or just chatting about Jamaican life. Angi knows how to treat her guest to be sure they will return. Book now. Because reservations will be more difficult to get as SW gains popularity.

WHere else would you get a hug when you leave?? Not me of those AI's. Definetly at SW!!

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
marlobake...
Miami, Florida
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 8 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

I little bit of information about myself. I am an Executive Producer in Miami, Florida and we are always looking for good locations to shoot our commercials in the Caribbean area. Yes, you would say: “you’re in Miami, so why do you need to go overseas? Well, I can answer that question really easy: Miami does not have cliffs, any waterfalls, does not have any jungle areas, it doesn’t have the best weather during the summer and for that matter, this winter. I wanted to look for a place that gave me plenty of alternatives: beaches, rivers, mountains, cliffs, falls, but most of all: proximity to Miami of not more than 2 hours travel time in order to be able to bring in the needed crew and equipment.
My partners in this search have been Juju Tours and Angela Eastwick. Being a foreigner I went to Negril in December to survey the area and I found them all to be wonderful partners finding falls, cliffs, lagoons and other places I was searching for. I also need to mention that at that time I did NOT stay at Somewhere West deciding that I would keep things “partial” and stayed at Xtabi.
One week ago I returned to see more places and I decided to stay in Somewhere West. I went this time with my Assistant Director in Miami and we stayed there for 3 days. I can only say that the stay was more than we bargained for: Angela and the whole crew where gracious, educated and wonderful. They knew full well that we were not there “just to hang out and smoke pot”: we were working!
We went back “home” after a long day of scouting locations to find that our hosts had everything worked out for us. The pool was a saltwater pool. Yes, I know it will not be the “pristine” chlorine ridden pools that we are used to in the US, but I am a Caribbean kid who grew up swimming in the pool of the Havana Riviera that WAS a salt water pool and was not the “toilet bowl” chemical ridden pools that you find in the US.
We came back to our home base elated and feeling that more trips to Jamaica, Negril and Somewhere West are in the horizon. Renting the whole house for a US crew or a family gathering is a wonderful alternative to the "all-inclusive" tourists traps around the area.
Did I mention that my scouting photographer, Roan Robinson was also great?

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The overall feeling of being at "home away from home"
Liked least: Getting there was difficult first time. After that, it was a breeze.
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Molly C
Chicago, Illinois
“Beautiful Views, Beautiful Rooms, Great Hostesses”
Reviewed 1 December 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

This was our first trip to Negril, and we could not have chosen a better place to stay! The view, rooms, property ---all GORGEOUS! Somewhere West was just where we needed to go to relax and unwind from our busy lives and three young children.

Angi is an amazing hostess, told us of great places to eat, and provided transportation to all the locations we desired to go.

O'Neil made us one of the best meals we had our entire stay!!!!!!!!

We hope to head back to Negril and Somewhere West this summer!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing