See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I have been to Donaldson's close to 20 times and it is the most relaxing place I've found. Madge's restaurant, up by the road, is fantastic and eliminates the need to go far. And, the Inn Ting on the beach serves breakfast and lunch. When I leave home early the morning, I know exactly where I'll be at 4 pm and what I'll be doing (not much). One of the other great things is seeing friends from all over who come every year at the same time too.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank ZoeyMeyer
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Truly a Jamaican gem right on the beach in Negril. Far enough away from the music venues to be quiet at night yet close enough for a moonlit walk down the beach for some live reggae. Rooms are always clean and the best bargain on the beach. Hot and cold running water, AC if you need it, refrigerators available for a few dollars a night.

The longtime family homestead is right on the property with family members living there. No absentee owners here ! ! Family members run the breakfast / lunch cafe and gift shop that are right on the beach while others run the dinner restaurant on the road side. In addition another family member runs Ossie's Jerk Shack right across the street. Ossie's is know all over the island for some of the best jerk chicken and the hard to find jerk pork.

They have a full time security guard to keep the "higglers" away but the long time vendors like the "Cake Lady" are always welcome. Once you stay there you are considered "family" and will always be welcome with open arms and a big "Welcome Home" greeting on arrival.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank kyle33904
Reviewed 18 July 2013

well,what can I say about Donaldson inn.the wife and I have been there every year since 1981(twice one year)when we first went there there was no electric,so you had to prepare for darkness.(candles)the 7 mile beach had about 15 or so places to stay,and there was a lot of trees and jungle on the beach.you didn't even have to leave your porch for anything.everything went by the porch,every day.the owners kids,who run the place now,were the same age as us,so we got to watch each other grow old together.thats probably why we are so close to each other.the ppl. who work there would give the shirt off there back for the ppl.staying there.they are so polite it made me feel great.they give you a nick name usually so its easier to remember you.(mine is MUD.its easy to remember cause its the stuff I had on the bottom of my feet after it rained.they will help you with anything you want to do.the food is the best on the beach(in my oppiniun.overall,i woud give it a 10 out of 10.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank mud m
Reviewed 21 July 2010

Ive been to Negril over 30 times and have stayed at the Donaldson Inn for the past year. i love this place, steps from the sandy beach , clean, safe, and the owners and staff are the best

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank aloia
Reviewed 25 April 2010

My son and I had a great stay at the Inn. Delores, Saundra and the whole staff were very accomodating as usual. I would definitely recommend the Inn to families, and couples who love the beach. The beaches in Negril are the best and you are right on the beach when you step out your door. I recommend the restaurant "Sweet n Spice" for lunch or dinner. Great food at a great price.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family