The expectations were not met. 1st when booking my stay through the website you are given one price and then they send you an email with a different price that was $100 more than what the website price quotes. Then when we arrived the young lady at the check-in desk was very pleasant but she stated I was charged the extra fee because they added breakfast to my stay which I never requested for breakfast because I knew I was not going to get up in time for it. And I prefer to eat where the locals eat. The room we had 204 ocean view was gloomy and dark. The bed was extremely uncomfortable. There were little ants crawling all over the floors at night and spiderwebs all over the ceiling in the bathroom. Also we had wine glasses in the room but never knew if there was an ice machine anywhere. There are hammocks on the outside of your room, but we did not get in it because the cloth was filthy with all kinds of stains. During the evening there is not a lot of light in the areas you have to walk to get to your room. The property can use a makeover. The one good thing was my sister was given a different room when we arrived and found a lizard in her room an they could not get it out so they have her a different room. I don't think I will stay here again until it is remodeled and upgraded. Last but not least the security guy was very nice and helpful. We are couples that visit Jamaica every year at least twice and we stay in different hotels and resorts each time and I must say this was one of my least favorites in the Negril area but the location of the hotel was good for going to Ricks Cafe. Also the Wi-Fi is intermittent if you have a room on the ocean view side, but it works well when we were standing close to the front office area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique resort Located on the cliffs in Negril. Offers a natural, holistic environment. Gardens and paths winding through the limestone to the sea. Swim, snorkle, or scuba dive-(Negril Scuba Centre is located here!) enjoy a message in our spa on the edge of the cliff, or just relax by the pool. 10 cottages- each reflecting the rich,vibrant cultural heritage of Jamaica,from India to Africa, Asia to Europe. Service personalized to the guest's individual wishes. Come Escape, relax, and rejuvenate your body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au and Cancelon so you can book your Negril Escape Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Negril Escape Hotel Negril
- Negril Escape Resort And Spa