“Quiet location, Needs work”

Negril Escape Resort & Spa
Ranked #18 of 50 Negril B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 August 2017

The expectations were not met. 1st when booking my stay through the website you are given one price and then they send you an email with a different price that was $100 more than what the website price quotes. Then when we arrived the young lady at the check-in desk was very pleasant but she stated I was charged the extra fee because they added breakfast to my stay which I never requested for breakfast because I knew I was not going to get up in time for it. And I prefer to eat where the locals eat. The room we had 204 ocean view was gloomy and dark. The bed was extremely uncomfortable. There were little ants crawling all over the floors at night and spiderwebs all over the ceiling in the bathroom. Also we had wine glasses in the room but never knew if there was an ice machine anywhere. There are hammocks on the outside of your room, but we did not get in it because the cloth was filthy with all kinds of stains. During the evening there is not a lot of light in the areas you have to walk to get to your room. The property can use a makeover. The one good thing was my sister was given a different room when we arrived and found a lizard in her room an they could not get it out so they have her a different room. I don't think I will stay here again until it is remodeled and upgraded. Last but not least the security guy was very nice and helpful. We are couples that visit Jamaica every year at least twice and we stay in different hotels and resorts each time and I must say this was one of my least favorites in the Negril area but the location of the hotel was good for going to Ricks Cafe. Also the Wi-Fi is intermittent if you have a room on the ocean view side, but it works well when we were standing close to the front office area.

Room Tip: Very quiet on the whole Resort not alot going on
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pooh23bee

Reviewed 27 June 2017

My expectations were definitely not met on this one. The website gave me a different view of what I'd come across.
The pluses:
This hotel seemed to have great potential with an impeccable view of the Caribbean Sea! It sits on the cliffs of Negril alongside the other west-end boutique hotels.
Spectacular view!

Their staff are warm and friendly.

The not-so-good:
The infrastructure needs a lot of work!! The room we stayed in had paint stripping from the ceiling and walls. The verandah railings are severely cracked and the lookout point sitting on the cliff is falling apart.They need to maintain it a bit better.

This is a good spot for people not so fussy looking to enjoy the beauty of the sea and Negril's breathtaking sunsets and just need to have somewhere to sleep. The staff made the stay as comfortable as they could with hot meals, concern for well-being.

Give it a go if you aren't a picky person. Two stars for Staff courtesy and Location.

Room Tip: Take an ocean-view room
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Deanna R
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

This place is a hidden treasure in Negril ! Don't tell anybody but this place is the best location, the best view for sunset, the best place for yoga, the best place to relax, the best place to stay in Negril !

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2017

I had reserved an ocean front cottage. It was not available when I arrived.
I was placed in a cottage without ocean view.
Room had ac, wifi, and cable tv. Pool and restaurant/bar.
Famous Ricks Cafe a five minute walk to enjoy the sunset.

Room Tip: get an upstairs room! Much quieter! I heard every conversation of the couple above me!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2017

Boutique resort, Family operated - Jamaican owned. More ppl need to visit the west end cliffs in Negril. More people need to experience the local resorts rather than the corporate all inclusive ones.

My only regret is not having more days there.

The views alone are priceless from my room and essentially any place at the resort. The hammock by my room really made my day/stay. The small things.

Danielle - Front desk - Was very helpful and sweet.

David - The owner - Was very prompt and helpful when I had a question about the fan.

Terrence - Chef/cook - Was good at explaining how brown stew is made. Ppl need to know more about Jamaican cuisine than just jerk.

Andrew - Front desk/Scuba Divemaster - Was helpful with showing the cliff side snorkelling.

Felt very safe. The Security guy who was a big and friendly looking fellow was always around. I think that is huge esp. when you are in a different country and travelling solo.

Room Tip: I got Rm#104 - Oriental Express - Ocean view. Couldn't be more happy.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo