All reviews west end visit jamaica cable tv ocean view the cliff resort router cottage upgrades scuba
Reviewed 27 June 2017

My expectations were definitely not met on this one. The website gave me a different view of what I'd come across.
The pluses:
This hotel seemed to have great potential with an impeccable view of the Caribbean Sea! It sits on the cliffs of Negril alongside the other west-end boutique hotels.
Spectacular view!

Their staff are warm and friendly.

The not-so-good:
The infrastructure needs a lot of work!! The room we stayed in had paint stripping from the ceiling and walls. The verandah railings are severely cracked and the lookout point sitting on the cliff is falling apart.They need to maintain it a bit better.

This is a good spot for people not so fussy looking to enjoy the beauty of the sea and Negril's breathtaking sunsets and just need to have somewhere to sleep. The staff made the stay as comfortable as they could with hot meals, concern for well-being.

Give it a go if you aren't a picky person. Two stars for Staff courtesy and Location.

Room Tip: Take an ocean-view room
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Deanna R
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

This place is a hidden treasure in Negril ! Don't tell anybody but this place is the best location, the best view for sunset, the best place for yoga, the best place to relax, the best place to stay in Negril !

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2017

I had reserved an ocean front cottage. It was not available when I arrived.
I was placed in a cottage without ocean view.
Room had ac, wifi, and cable tv. Pool and restaurant/bar.
Famous Ricks Cafe a five minute walk to enjoy the sunset.

Room Tip: get an upstairs room! Much quieter! I heard every conversation of the couple above me!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2017

Boutique resort, Family operated - Jamaican owned. More ppl need to visit the west end cliffs in Negril. More people need to experience the local resorts rather than the corporate all inclusive ones.

My only regret is not having more days there.

The views alone are priceless from my room and essentially any place at the resort. The hammock by my room really made my day/stay. The small things.

Danielle - Front desk - Was very helpful and sweet.

David - The owner - Was very prompt and helpful when I had a question about the fan.

Terrence - Chef/cook - Was good at explaining how brown stew is made. Ppl need to know more about Jamaican cuisine than just jerk.

Andrew - Front desk/Scuba Divemaster - Was helpful with showing the cliff side snorkelling.

Felt very safe. The Security guy who was a big and friendly looking fellow was always around. I think that is huge esp. when you are in a different country and travelling solo.

Room Tip: I got Rm#104 - Oriental Express - Ocean view. Couldn't be more happy.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Thara S
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

So we left Ocho Rios a day early to come to Negril because we were tired of all the harassment to buy stuff . To be honest I was ready to go home until I walked into the backyard of this heavenly playground. We went snorkeling not to far from our room for free with our own equipment. This is itself was worth the trip , but even more than jumping from the lighthouse or watching beautiful sunsets was the interaction with the owner David and his staff that made this trip worth a million praises. The property is rustic and I believe they are doing some upgrades but if you're not hard to please to can appreciate beauty than this is the place for you. They have different type rooms and some suites. It has a clean pool and decent restaurant with some of the best coffee in the am. I wish I could remember the ladies name that mixed our drinks and coffee but I forgot. She worked first shift and always greeted us with a smile and strong drinks when requested . She had lots of info to offer and was just a nice person. If you're staying somewhere else in Negril take a trip to the bar at sunset , you won't be disappointed. The Negril escape is a piece of heaven on earth and we can't wait to return.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple