“Little Piece of Paradise.”

Negril Escape Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 50 Negril B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 April 2017

Boutique resort, Family operated - Jamaican owned. More ppl need to visit the west end cliffs in Negril. More people need to experience the local resorts rather than the corporate all inclusive ones.

My only regret is not having more days there.

The views alone are priceless from my room and essentially any place at the resort. The hammock by my room really made my day/stay. The small things.

Danielle - Front desk - Was very helpful and sweet.

David - The owner - Was very prompt and helpful when I had a question about the fan.

Terrence - Chef/cook - Was good at explaining how brown stew is made. Ppl need to know more about Jamaican cuisine than just jerk.

Andrew - Front desk/Scuba Divemaster - Was helpful with showing the cliff side snorkelling.

Felt very safe. The Security guy who was a big and friendly looking fellow was always around. I think that is huge esp. when you are in a different country and travelling solo.

Room Tip: I got Rm#104 - Oriental Express - Ocean view. Couldn't be more happy.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Thara S

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

So we left Ocho Rios a day early to come to Negril because we were tired of all the harassment to buy stuff . To be honest I was ready to go home until I walked into the backyard of this heavenly playground. We went snorkeling not to far from our room for free with our own equipment. This is itself was worth the trip , but even more than jumping from the lighthouse or watching beautiful sunsets was the interaction with the owner David and his staff that made this trip worth a million praises. The property is rustic and I believe they are doing some upgrades but if you're not hard to please to can appreciate beauty than this is the place for you. They have different type rooms and some suites. It has a clean pool and decent restaurant with some of the best coffee in the am. I wish I could remember the ladies name that mixed our drinks and coffee but I forgot. She worked first shift and always greeted us with a smile and strong drinks when requested . She had lots of info to offer and was just a nice person. If you're staying somewhere else in Negril take a trip to the bar at sunset , you won't be disappointed. The Negril escape is a piece of heaven on earth and we can't wait to return.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Eric M
Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

I have to set your expectations here, this is worth a stay for the views, hammock outside your door, awesome places to soak in the sun from different vantage points - watching the sunset from the lighthouse deck alone is worth a night here! ...and I got a great deal on Expedia, so it's priced reasonably. The staff is friendly, but leave you alone unless engaged, you won't get a check in. So the room alone would be 2 stars but, with the views etc. I'm bumping up to a 3, I would stay here for 2 nights again. This is not a resort, it's rustic, Oceanside with easy access to local shopping and walking distance to Rick's cafe, which is a must do in Negril to see cliff divers. Worth checking out, just know what it is and what it isn't!

I was told by the front desk they are renovating in the new season. I hope they keep the rustic charm and just fix to make it updated and fixed.

Best way to describe will be to outline pluses and minuses, I'll be fair but honest as I alerted them I would.

First the positives:
Amazing view from my balcony room ocean/pool and lighthouse deck
Hammock on deck
High wooden ceilings
Comfortable bed
Cable TV
Breakfast (if you add it is simple but good)
Walking distance to Rick's cafe
Local shops in walking distance
Nice pool and cliff (can dive or swim if you'd like)
Decent closet with safe
Room and bathroom were clean
Comfortable and cozy overall

Very rustic
Needs painting
Needs wood refinishing/ fixing
Broken blinds (need fix)
Bathroom needs full update (grouting around toilet, very thick and discolor ex, sink fixtures cleAn but corroded, bath tub doors old some cracking of plastic and do t open well)
Front door sticks needs to be raised, chipping wall paint)
Wall socket by the bed didn't work
Ceiling fan and Installed light by bed also didn't work

I'm glad I checked it out and it would be a fun stay with friends. I believe I would return. Great hideaway shhh don't tell anyone!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank Anne H
Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

Arrived & my room is nice w/a fantastic view outside seating & comfy hammock! Really nice staff as well - great breakfast & all around good company. This place needs a little tlc but for the $ & location you will enjoy yourself & love the peace - solitude & ocean view :) thumbs up & would stay again-rhanks

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2016

Just got back from our stay here - myself and my 3 grown children - we had the bottom of Passage to India cottage - adjoining rooms - VERY convenient. Could sit on porch and look at the Sea! BEAUTIFUL VIEWS! We were there on off season so restaurant onsite was closed - NO big deal, you can walk to so many restaurants from this location! Rick's Café is a 5 minute walk. Grocery store right across the street and so many little bars to sit outside at. David the owner makes you feel like you are staying at their HOME and not a hotel - He is there everyday and always asks how everything is. Kevin - housekeeping, grounds, cook has made a friend for LIFE from me and my family. A GREAT property for the price they charge - little to nothing! Jamaican owned and operated! I can't wait to go back AGAIN and AGAIN and I have stayed at other Cliffside resorts before! Rooms are clean, AC ice cold and HOT HOT water for a shower! Free shuttle to a beautiful beach that has free wifi and great drinks! Serene, peaceful property and location. If you are a picky traveler go somewhere else like an all inclusive - - this is the Ultimate down to earth, laid back place, could use some cosmetic clean up here and there - no big deal - vacation. Loved my trip because of where we stayed !!!!!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family