1,095 results
All reviews ivan's bar the cliff penne pasta outdoor shower west end rick's cafe a small grocery store barking dogs famous vincent ltu pub the cottages day bed laid back caribbean sea the entire staff small pool feel like family
Reviewed 18 February 2017

Catcha Falling Star was our lucky find. We did not have a reservation and hoped that we could get a room along the West End Rd. The office gave us a 1st time discount, at a very favorable rate, and an excellent room. The hotel is built on the cliffs and all night long the waves crash into the cliffs lulling you to sleep. (this probably depends on where your room is). We loved it! Clean, well appointed, refrig, microwave, anything we needed. THEN, the restaurant, Ivans, is attached which was delightful.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Suzanne0888
Reviewed 11 February 2017

We had a wonderful time here. Beautiful place! The pictures don't lie; the views are amazing.The food at Ivan's Restaurant is very good, and the staff is great!
Overall, very nice ambiance and scenery, quite a romantic place.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank GWal16
Reviewed 11 February 2017

We had a fabulous trip. The resort is so beautiful and the staff are so helpful and friendly. Mauvette makes sure her guests are all taken care of and happy! We are getting ready to book to return. We met several folks who come back to Catcha Falling Star every year and have been for years. This is a charming resort. Security is present, we felt very safe. Our cottage was quaint, cozy and comfortable. I highly recommend staying at this resort.

Stayed: April 2016
3  Thank Lletramanod
Reviewed 8 February 2017

Just returned from my stay at Catcha last week. What can I say...it was magnificent!!! Myself and my friend booked the Venus room for a 5 day stay in the cliffs. We arranged ahead of time online to take a private chartered tax from Clives round trip for $140. They made a few stops on the way (for groceries and some ganja) and the drivers were awesome! The Venus room was perfect for us! It had a bedroom with a queen bed, a sitting room, a very large bathroom with plenty of storage space and a kitchen with a full refrigerator and some dishes and a table and chairs. The balcony was by far my favorite spot in the Venus room. The view was one of the most amazing ever. I slept in the air conditioned bedroom and they set up a small (but comfortable) roll away type bed for my friend in the living room. It was plenty cool for her to sleep at night because they had a large oscillating fan in the room. The bed could of fit very comfortably in the air conditioned bedroom along side the queen bed but we chose not to put it there because she snores pretty loud lol. There are no screens on the windows but not are bugs. That amazed me! Brought bug spray and did not have to use it once! Ants will come if you leave food or juice cans out. We just made sure to wash dishes as we went and put food in zip lock bags. Also there is a small store across the way with some snacks and beer and alcohol. Marijuana is not discouraged on the property which was not at all a problem for us...since we were smoking. But if you are not a ganja user it won't be a problem for you because it's not being used crazily. There is a nice small refreshing pool on the property but there are not many people there so we had it to ourselves several times. There are so many nooks and crannies of were you can go and relax under an umbrella. We found a new spot each day to sit. The first day there we climbed down the ladder to swim in the cove but each day we got a little braver and would jump in from higher spots all over the property. Oh my god....so much fun. Try it! You will not be disappointed!! There is a lifeguard on duty from morning to evening and he is such a nice guy! One time I jumped in and my sunglasses fell to the bottom (about 25 feet maybe more) and he went down and got them for me without me even asking! The water is a gorgeous turquoise and crystal clear. The snorkeling was phenomenal!!! I have been snorkeling to many islands and this is my favorite so far! The best snorkeling is leaving the cove and swimming left toward Ricks. Great fish over there! They have noodles and floats on the property that anyone is free to use which really helped my friend who was a first time snorkeler. We ate at Ivan's ALOT. That was not our original plan but the food was freaking amazing. Really amazing. And I am super picky. The staff at the whole place were super nice and there to help with anything we needed. Everyone was so friendly. I really can't say enough good things about this place. After 5 days in the cliffs we went to the beach for 4 days and we sad that we did. The beach was pretty but not nearly as beautiful as the cliffs. And the vibe in the cliffs is way more chill. We left the property several times and walked to other restaurants and to roadside huts to do some shopping. Do not be scared to leave. We were approached by many guys but they were super friendly! We made several friends and would see them the next day and they would chat with us. Loved the locals up in the cliffs! The only possible con that I can mention is that one night at about midnight I woke up to a barking dog that seemed like it was right under my window. It barked non stop until about 5am. It was definitely on the property next door. Even with the AC going and ear plugs it was pretty loud. I was scared the next night that the same thing would happen but that was the only time. When I go back I will bring my headphones and will put a white noise app on my cell phone to listen to incase that happens again. This place is still so worth it! I will be definitely returning to Negril and my stay will be at Catcha. Best vacation ever. :)

Room Tip: Venus....loved that room! Big and great view!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank klbc1977
Reviewed 8 February 2017

Our friends are staying there now .They have a great room. Nice views. Iam going to book next time we go to Jamaica. It really nice quit, great rooms views of the water. Great food in Ivan's . I love the pool and bridge over water in the restaurant Nice sitting area for dinner and watching the sunset.

Room Tip: quite very nice sunny nice views.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends