5,727 results
All reviews kids camp sesame street cafe de paris stew fish banana boat big top family vacation club liquid xbox room x box cookie monster dino's pizza character breakfast water sports adrian whitehead kids club turks caicos
Reviewed 16 December 2014

It's taken me a few months to write this, but believe it is something that fellow travellers should at least be aware of.

Travelled with my extended family (wife, son, daughter/son-in-law and granddaughter aged 2, we occupied 3 separate rooms on the end block next to the hotel boundary to the beach and main road). This was a Xmas present to the family to show them what my wife and I (we are Sandals Diamond club members with over 100 nights at Sandals), have been praising over the last several years!

The place is great (see all the other reviews), beach is fantastic, food/drink excellent and staff in general very good. Unfortunately in the middle of our 10 day vacation on returning to our room after dinner one evening found our room door open and effectively all valuables gone (laptop, iPad, cell phones, cash (US and UK), sun-glasses, watches, jewellery, perfume, some of my clothes even), seems all stuffed into my rucksack and taken.... to say this was devastating is an understatement, and I would not wish it on anyone! On the positive side it was only ''stuff'', and no one was hurt (what may have happened if I or my wife returned early to get something from the room I don't really want to think about)!

The police and the hotel management were immediately called/involved, our initial impressions were that we were actually suspects in the robbery (some sort of insurance fraud, I don't really know....).... then we were advised by the hotel management not to mention the robbery to anyone (staff and other guests), as they didn't want to ''compromise their investigations''. By means of compensation it seems, we were given complimentary use of two beach cabana's at the very end of the beach (we believed to likely keep us further away from the other guests)!!

During the remainder of our stay Ms Pons (Guest Relations Director) was very sympathetic and helpful, but not very effective with regard to any information about the investigations etc. And we tried as best we could to enjoy the remainder of the vacation, but as you can imagine not the same at all, and we were actually very happy to leave. I seemed to spend the last days of the vacation checking other guests and staff to see what watches, sunglasses and or bags they were using, just in case it was any of ours (not the best way to relax)!

It wasn't just the actual robbery that was so upsetting, but also the way we believed we had been treated after it. It wasn't until the day we left that I spoke again with the hotel manager, who I then believed didn't think we had made up the robbery!

Back in the UK the insurance took months to resolve and pay out, which was considerably lower than the value of the goods we lost, let alone some items that were effectively irreplaceable due to sentimental value. TIP: check your holiday insurance and what it covers, I previously had only got insurance for the medical cover overseas, never in my mind had I believed I would require it for a robbery at such an hotel. Many more expensive items (laptops etc.) may not be covered in a standard policy, or there may be a maximum claim you can make!

Also, another TIP: ensure you make sure any balcony/patio doors in your room are locked every time you leave your room (even if you haven't used them).

Please don't assume that as you are vacationing in such a high quality, and high cost hotel that you or your belongings are safe, unfortunately we found out at our cost that they are not!

It is too late now to remedy what happened to us, but hopefully anyone reading this will at least be more conscious/aware while on their vacation, as I originally mentioned I would not wish this to happen to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
36  Thank Kevin C
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2014

Dear Kevin,
Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm so sorry that your experience at our resort did not quite meet your expectations because of this unfortunate incident. As you may know, we take theft very seriously at our resorts and while it is not a regular occurrence, we still make the necessary provisions to ensure that there is not a repeat. I understand from our records that we did a thorough investigation with our security team and in cooperation with the local authorities. Our staff has provided the findings of the investigation to you along with all the official reports and documents. We will remain vigilant and our response to feedback continues to be in word and deed.

Reviewed 16 December 2014

I didn't know what to expect when i landed in Jamaica but Beaches Negril exceeded any expectation i had. We were greeted upon arrival with warm lemon grass hand towels and a band playing 'three little birds'....Every staff member is incredibly friendly and they go out of their way to make you feel special, including the security staff. I never felt unsafe or ignored in any way. Staff members were attentive and incredibly sweet.. Arika is a huge asset to the company with her kindness and the bartender O'neil was extremely fun. The cleaning lady even offered to help my sister apply soothing aloe gel to her sunburn. The grounds are beautifully kept. Everything is immaculately clean. Though kids are welcome, it didn't feel overrun or TOO child-geared. The adults in our group had lots of fun. Snorkeling with Ramadamadingdong was a blast. We found so many cool starfish! I would absolutely go again.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Beth T

Guy says:

My daughter and I stayed here from Wednesday to Sunday over thanksgiving. My Daughter is 15 and we both loved it. The beach is huge and perfect. The pool and grounds are great and our room was great. At the beach, there are plenty of chairs and sunny and shady spots. The water is warm and clear with some small waves. The pool is fun and a little more crowded, We enjoyed the water slides and the lazy river. Our room was outstanding. We had the Caribbean Beachfront Concierge Suite. It wasn't really beach front - it looked out over a grassy plaza but we had a clear view of the beach to our left. The room was spacious and easy for the two of us to share. With the two daybeds and a King, a family of four could easily share this room. We were in room 901. The food was solid. We enjoyed the grill at and pizza for lunch and tried the buffet and restaurants at night. One suggestion, if you want to eat at one of the restaurants (as opposed to the buffet), make your reservation as early as you can. These tend to fill up. Security is top notch. You can easily leave the resort on a walk or run, but as you come and go, uniformed security officers ask you for your room number. Once off the resort, the beach is long and beautiful and I felt safe on my one run (about two miles out and back). Lots of other resorts and cool places along the beach. The ride to and from the airport was easy - about 1.5 hours. I would highly recommend this place! Jodian

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Guy_says-Gal_says
Reviewed 16 December 2014 via mobile

We spent our thanksgiving holiday on the beach with Sandals and it was our best vacation ever! Our family had an amazing time and we would recommend this trip to any family considering a Caribbean beach vacation. The beach was very nice and the food was good. We recommend the swim with dolphins excursion and touring a local grade school where you can read to local children. The reading program is part of the Sandals Foundation Reading Group Road Trip and I strongly recommend this outing to any family that wants to give back to the local Jamaican community. Our family also brought books and school supplies to leave behind with the kids. The experience opened our kid's eyes to see how the rest of the world lives and it was a humbling experience.

And everyone should consider time at the swim up bar with O'Neal. He is terrific and the "O'Neal Special" will do you right.

Stayed: November 2014
2  Thank Firstlook92
Reviewed 14 December 2014

We had a great time. The employees are great, swimming up bar - Shevon, Oneil. Restaurant staff. Erika, Kerri-Ann Beach staff - Renato, Jodian W, Richard. Piano bar- Jason awesome Kids loved everyone - Jermaine, Kenton.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family