6,008 results
All reviews butler service paradise building cucina romana bayside restaurant piano bar our honeymoon crystal lagoon big papa butler suite sundowner building club level water sports red lane spa main pool swim up suite candlelight dinner rick's cafe
Reviewed 13 October 2016

This was our first time at a Sandals resort. My husband and I went from October 7-11th! I was so excited to go to a sandals resort and I had so many of our friends and families tell us how above and beyond the staff is and how amazing the service and food is! Going in I had expectations just from reading reviews on this place and talking to people. But after going I would rate this place a 2.75 out of 5.

First, I will start off with the good: the food is AMAZING! That’s the one thing I loved as soon as we got there till the end of our trip. The jerk chicken, the lunches and dinner were all amazing! Both my husband and I really liked the pool entertainment. They were very engaging and enthusiastic. The beach was also good and mostly clean. Also their were peacocks and pelicans during breakfast. Pelicans were a little scary but you kind of get used to them, they come on your table and as soon as you're up they fly for the remaining food.

Let’s start with the bad: I went for my honeymoon so I was looking to relax and have a good time with my husband. I booked a beachfront room with a tranquility tub outside and the room I hate to say was underwhelming. The carpet in the room looked really dirty and by the time we got in the room, it wasn’t even fully set up which was very frustrating. The curtains for the tranquility tub were not set up so we had to call someone to set that up for us. Next, most of the staff was approachable and friendly but nobody went above and beyond as I expected at a Sandals resort. In fact, some staff members gave a lot of attitude when you asked simple questions like “Where can I find a towel?” Is it okay if I sit here instead of there?” Both my husband and I were very surprised at how we were being treated. Also, if I could honestly say one thing that ruined my honeymoon the most it would have to be the hostess (Kendra) in the main lobby area where breakfast buffet was served. On our very first morning I had asked Kendra if I could sit another table just because I didn’t want to be in a crowded area and have more space between other people. She told me “no, because we like to balance things out in the room” I didn’t bother asking what balance she was trying to achieve but we went with it. The next day I told her where I wanted to sit and she slammed her hand on the table and left. After that day, I started avoiding her and I told myself am not going to let her ruin my honeymoon. We had our last breakfast yesterday and she asked me where I wanted to sit. I didn’t really care by this point so I said wherever. Then she looks at me and says sarcastically “wow, that’s so surprising” and sits me down. Then I tell her I am not happy with how she is talking to me or her service from the first day we got there. So pretty much, when you go here don’t expect a lot of the service but the food is great! Also, I had somebody coming to me right after we checked out and ask how our stay was and by that point I thought it was too late to even mention anything to her so I told her I would write a review on trip advisor! Good luck!

5  Thank renu26236
Reviewed 12 October 2016

We had a great time on our vacation. Richard, Kimberley, Crystal, Latoya, Alex and Willie from the entertainment staff were a blast.! You would never know there was a hurricane heading our way! The pool parties during the day and the night entertainment were awesome! A few others that really stand out from the staff with their smiles and laughs are Nicholas who was mainly at the pool bar, Terriann who served us at the Italian restaurant and during the lunch buffet, and Steven our photographer. Our room was great! The food was good for the most part and the beach was beautiful. Everyone did a great job keeping the guests calm and we were very fortunate to have the hurricane miss us. Sandals is always a wonderful vacation. We already booked our next one and plan to see as many of the resorts as possible.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank VickiB1420
Reviewed 12 October 2016

it was such a pleasurable time. the staff and people were so kind and welcoming. the staff was very giving and catered to our every need. we would definitely go back for more tours of jamaica and just to enjoy the resort. it felt very safe, from the moment we landed sandals staff welcomed us and took care of us from then on. any questions we had, they would answer or get us answers. the activities included were all fun, we were able to enjoy some water sports during the day. the restaurants all have a variety of things to eat, and theyre all delicious. the grounds are kept very groomed and we definitely had the feel we were in paradise.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank neysapizza
Jasmine J, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Thank you for your review on Sandals Negril. We are happy to hear that you had such an amazing time with us and that we were able to take the stress away. We love to hear our guests boast about our luxurious accommodations, delectable dining options, beautiful property and the wonderful personality and hospitality of our staff. Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure creating such a memorable experience for you.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

We booked Sandal's Negril from Oct 2nd-9th. Then hurricane Matthew happened. I cancelled our trip on the morning of our wedding Oct 1st. Then of course later that night Matthew changed course. I rebooked us for Oct 3rd-10th, Sandals was amazing no fees or penalties. American Airline on the other hand, $550 in fees..
We arrived in Jamaica and had a 1.5 hour ride to the resort, contrary to what ppl say the ride was fine. Yes they drive different than the states, but my husband and I never felt unsafe. We arrived at Sandals to a resort operating at about 25%. All the furniture was put away, windows taped up, only 1 bar and 1 restaurant open and it was buffet.
Honestly that didn't bother us, we had a second floor honeymoon ocean front room and it was updated and beautiful, with an amazing view, plus the resort staff were so kind and nice esp. considering a hurricane was threatening their homes. The buffet dinner that night was amazing and the entertainment great. By Tuesday 11am the rest of the resort was up and running and you would never know it was ever any other way.
The resort is small but beautiful and amazing, we like small resorts as walking far for everything isn't something we like doing. Our favorite place for dinner was Sundowner (currently also Bayside as the Sundowner building is closed) Kimonos was an amazing show and the food not bad, but not the quality of hibachi we are used to. We didn't do the Italian restaurant at all. The beach restaurant was also great. Delford our server was fantastic.
We choose Sandals because they include watersports. The snorkeling didn't disappoint. Big Poppa and Paul were our favorite crew-love the boat dance parties. We were also lucky enough that a photographer named Jeffery was with us on 3 trips. I cannot say enough of him. He was AMAZING. He found us a nurse shark, star fish, and puffer fish. He even let us hold some of the above for pictures. Thank you Jeffery soo much you were well loved by many other guests as well!!
There are a few more staff members I want to mention Cleon at the dive shop. It was fun talking and joking with him every morning I signed my husband and I up for activities. Latoya my husband greatly enjoyed talking with you the night I went to bed early because I didn't feel well, it was also a pleasure meeting you and talking with you! Finally Tevana your shots were amazing and I smiled every time I heard you yell "what you up to trouble?" Thank you for getting us drinks while we lazed on the beach!
We love Jamaica and the ppl there are so nice, maybe its just Sandals, but it keeps us coming back to Jamaica, even if different properties. One word of caution though we took the reggae cruise to Ricks Café (highly recommend) and my husband and I jumped off the lowest cliff 11ft. After doing some research I learned many have gotten hurt jumping from the 25ft and 35ft. Healthcare in Jamaica is not like the US, just be cautious and aware of the possible dangers.
Can't wait until our next Sandals trip!!

Room Tip: We didn't like our first room and asked to switch and it wasn't an issue
4  Thank Ashley2486
Reviewed 11 October 2016

Instant relaxation! The friendly team are professional, fun and attentive. Richard from entertainment is awesome; he is your fun guru! Alex from entertainment ensured you will be well entertained and you will have smile till your face hurts! Alex and Richard made my Birthday trip one that will definitely be remembered. An abundance of drinks, sunshine, quality entertainment and great people! Visit times square and go to the 10 shop for souvenirs or be prepared to over pay everywhere else.

Room Tip: garden view for supreme serenity off the entertainment path