“one power outlet” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #56 of 84 Hotels in Negril
Jacksonville, Florida
“one power outlet”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

I stayed here with some friends for one night. the place is over the hill and not maintained. There was no iron or iron board in teh room, there was only one electrical outlet. If the door is locked with a key you couldn't open the door from inside which is ridiculous. The TV gave us problems, they had no orange juice at breakfast, only soda. I wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Jahmekyan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

I stayed here for just one night. I wasn't expecting much from the get go, so there were no surprises. We needed a cheap hotel as part of a package to get free airport transfers and were moving the next night anyway. Yes, we found a dead cockroach in the room. We stopped looking through the dresser drawers as we didn't want any other surprises. The water pressure in the shower was almost non existent, I was able to get a good temp though. The curry chicken at the restaurant was a actually very delicious. The pillows made us laugh; they were these huge "pillow logs". I don't know how to describe it, they were stuffed so full that you felt like you were sleeping on a log. I eventually managed. The rooms were pretty clean, the bedding was clean and beds were nicely made. The patio (although not facing the beach) was comfortable. The beach here really is amazing, I thought it was funny that within minutes of my arriving (to the beach) that I had been offered marijuana, crack, cocaine, special K, and a few others. They understood that I wasn't interested and left me alone. All in all, it takes a certain person to stay here, one who really really just wants to lay on the beach and worry about nothing else. It wasn't my cup of tea, but to each their own. I will say this, Banton the cab driver in the lobby will steal from you if he can. He overcharges for his services and if I am correct, he does not even have a JTB license in his window. This is who the hotel will tell you to ride to places with, but you might try to call a taxi yourself? He charge us $10US to go to Burbon Beach, which still seemed a little high, but then when we moved the next day, tried to charge us $20US (do I look crazy to you?!) to take us half that way over to the Riu Palace Tropical Bay (see next review). I felt uneasy and didn't speak up initially, well ever, my friend spoke up and said no way. She argued with him and we ended up giving him $10. Also at the hotel is Andy. Now he was a sweet heart. He hung out with us on the patio and had a few Red Stripes. Was a perfect gentleman and introduced us to his friend Albert as well. We had a good time together just talking and learning more about the Jamaican people. All in all, would not stay here again as I prefer luxury properties, but it isn't some terrible place. Clean rooms, some nice staff, decent food, amazing beach.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Raelee B
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2011

Rooms were clean and got cleaned everyday. Furniture was updated this year and bed was very comfortable. We were on main floor just up from the beach with a grilled in balcony and loved it. Suzette at the front desk and Michael are very accomodating and service was exemplery. The breakfast were great and Cheryl and Charmaine in the restaurant were GREAT. We also ate supper at Cool Spot which is directly across the street and very reasonable prices. Though there was some ganja smoking I have to say it was done all by Canadians and Americans and Germans. None was done by the locals as they do not stay in the hotel as such. It is part of staying in Jamaica and has to be put in perspective. No cockroaches in sight in our room. Everything was great and I would go back again, no problem. See you next year Foote Prints.

Room Tip: Stay on main floor in H2 or H3 they face the beach
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brice20
Altamonte Springs, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2011

My 15th trip to Jamaica . . . and I've stayed different cities and hotels each trip. This time, I stumbled upon a great deal for rates at Foote Prints, and although hesitant at first, I booked it for me and my best gurlbuddy . . . and I'm glad I did!!! We were there over Valentine's Day, but despite high season, we were catered to and made to feel like family! Our reservation was for ROH -- but we needed a patio (my friend smokes), so the front desk and bellman courteously worked with us and found the perfect room for us after 3 tries!!!!

The restaurant food was a bit pricey (what beachfront resort in Negril actually prices appropriately?) -- but we were not at all dissatisfied with the food!!!! We ate breakfast here 3 times (about $10 - $12 each including coffee, fruit, etc.) and dinner once. We LOVED being right on the beach and having the ability to interact with local people!

Our room was on the first floor with a sweet patio . . . we spent many hours sitting out there enjoying our time. Most of all, this hotel is just a few minute walk to Margaritaville -- and we made that trek daily . . . sometimes twice a day, LOL.

I will definitely be back to Foote Prints. Great value! Clean rooms! Awesome staff! Prime location! Thanks, Foote Prints for a special holiday!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lillywight
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

I stayed w my bestfriend august 2010. I would have been miserable have it not been for my hired tourist guide Patrick. Great person! Nothing like it appears on the computer. The worst vacation ever,

• Stayed August 2010
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank unique3p

Travellers are raving about these Negril hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
0.4 km away
1.7 km away
SuperClubs Rooms on the Beach Negril
3.1 km away
Fun Holiday Beach Resort

Been to Foote Prints on the Sands Hotel? Share your experiences!