USD 325
USD 180
  • Breakfast included
USD 303
  • Breakfast included
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
USD 107
USD 67
USD 216
USD 210
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 241/night.

USD 302
USD 259
Pure Garden Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
USD 66
Priceline
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
USD 76
TripAdvisor
1,284 results
All reviewscoco la palmjerk chickencontinental breakfastjunior suitebeach barthe banana breadhot tubseven mile beachpattiestwo queen bedsstandard roompatty manadult poolsun beachcoffee makerbeach securitygreat security
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

We absolutely love this place! Jamaica is so beautiful, the people are so friendly, the weather and the food and the ambiance are wonderful! CocoLaPalm provides it all! We can’t wait to get back here!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Caravansari
Andrea B, Director of Sales at CocoLaPalm Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Thank you for your wonderfully detailed and insightful review. Your commendations of our staff team, room and standards of service are greatly appreciated, and will be shared with the team. We are pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back home to Coco soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

This is our 2nd review for this hotel.
We have not had been exposed to un-refurbished rooms we have read about from
other guests and we haven't witnessed these rooms from where we have been situated in the resort.
Meals are on what we would call average, not great but always more than sufficient.
Breakfast is usually our favorite.
The rooms we have been exposed to in the 600 block are clean and updated as one might expect in a moderately priced resort.
We are smokers and have been given a room with a small patio which is a wonderful bonus for us, though all rooms in that block do not have such patios.
If you do smoke you may want to request such a room in advance.
Maid service is to be commended. Rooms were cleaned early enough so that when you returned from the beach in the afternoon you weren't waiting for your room to be cleaned.
From the front desk to maintenance, porter services and security not a single person dropped the ball.
The hotel owners should be proud of their staff.
Security at the front of the hotel stops traffic and assists guests across the road, which was super important especially when you are travelling with seniors and children, seniors in our case.
Transportation is at a moments request due to the fact they have a small cadre of taxi's available on the property...and reasonably priced I might add.

If I have one complaint...and this is one you can easily avoid is the beach bar.
I didn't complain or argue with them but a number of occasions when I purchased drinks there the price would change on say a bottle of beer. Another example was I purchased Pina Colada's at the beach bar at one price and the restaurant bar at a lower price, unless of course the beach bar is a vendor of the hotel. Didn't ask, didn't care, we just didn't purchase there after a few days.

We will return again to this property in future visits.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank PittsburghSunGoddess

Thank you for your detailed review of our resort. We appreciate your taking time to tell us about your experiences. We have noted your comments and assure you that we are taking all the necessary steps to ensure that the above-mentioned issues are corrected as we strive to continue improving our service standards. We have noted your commendation of our staff team, the service and the foods served in our restaurant and are very appreciative that you recommend us to others.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

We stayed here during Christmas week and it was our 2nd time to Negril and 1st time to the resort. Overall a great place to stay with a few setbacks, but we would definitely stay here again. We had a Coco suite in the main building, with a huge patio with a view of the beach. I'm glad we were on the side of the building as we could still see the water without hearing as much noise as we would have had we stayed in a room directly facing the beach. The staff were great, checking us in 1 hour early, which I appreciated after a long travel time, and calling local restaurants for dinner reservations and hooking us up with taxis. The restaurant is good - we ate there for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We didn't want to stay at an all inclusive, but wanted a place where you have just enough of want you need - gift shop, salon, bar, restaurant, beach hut with equipment rentals & outdoor massage and other beauty services. The resort is immaculate and well-landscaped, and everyone was so friendly, always asking us if we needed anything. It also seemed more lively in terms of guest traffic than other places close to us - maybe because it was Christmas week, but there were always people at the bar and restaurant without being crowded, which I like.
Setbacks were being charged $6 for 2 Red Stripes that I did not order, and the server insisting to my husband that I ordered them when he was paying the bill without me there to dispute it, the hot tub not working, and the towels and sheets being of poor quality. I can live with scratchy towels, but sheets that you spend 8 hours on should also not be scratchy. I also wish they had nicer toiletries, not just small bottles of aloe and a cheap dispenser for soap and shampoo like you would find at the gym.

Stayed: December 2017
6  Thank Krittika O
Andrea B, Director of Sales at CocoLaPalm Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Thank you for your insightful commentary and review of our resort. We appreciate your taking time to tell others about your experience. We pride ourselves on providing the ambiance, the safety and the memories that make a great vacation for each and every guest. We have noted your comments and assure you that we are taking all the necessary steps to ensure that the above-mentioned issues are corrected as we strive to continue improving our service standards. We will share your comments with the entire team and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

You may find yourself about one notch away from a dump if you end up stuck with an un-refurbished room. I must say that I was extremely disappointed and irritated with this hotel and their handling of my room. Upon entering the room, I was hit with a moist, moldy odor. My asthma is triggered by allergies to things like mild & mildew, so this was not a good sign especially since I was there to run a half marathon. We later learned that our friends who arrived after us insisted on being moved to a new room because their first one was of poor quality like ours was. I should add that they checked in two hours later than us and pushed the issue (by enlisting the help of someone with “connections” with the hotel) which resulted in them being moved to a nicer remodeled room. When we asked, they said they couldn’t change our room because they were completely booked.

After trying to deal with the fact that we were stuck in one of the awful older rooms, I got in the shower to find that the water pressure sucked and the towels were quite thin, small and cheap. The soap dispenser in the shower was rusty and barely worked and the shower titles were dingy. Bring your own body soap, shampoo, and lotion (they only provide an aloe gel rather than lotion).

There was a short window in the shower with a curtain too short to cover the opening. I could literally see well
the 2nd floor balcony of the building across from my room from the bottom of the curtain. That means anyone there can see you in the shower if they tried! Most surprising was that the closet was IN the bathroom, ironing board and all. I didn’t like all of the moisture from the shower getting into my luggage and clothing, but that was the poor setup of my room.
The a/c was blowing right over my area of the bed, making it uncomfortable. The placement could have been better, and the layout of the furniture in the room was poor overall as well.

The pool had a lot of foliage floating on top one day, but it looked clean later on.
The curtains do not block our light, so it is too bright in the room after sunrise for sleeping in late. Bring a sleeping mask.

Service at the hotel’s restaurant was typical. In Jamaica, people take their time and sometimes that means they will be slow serving you. For breakfast, a continental basket of pastries is provided, or you can order from the menu for pay (with a $5USD) credit.

As for money, the US dollar is preferred, so there is never a need to exchange money unless you want to exchange your Jamaican dollars back before leaving. While you may pay for things in USD, change will usually be given in Jamaican dollars.

The restaurant and beach staff are pretty nice, and the small restaurant (Best in the West) across the street has cheap and better, authentic Jamaican food. Don’t let the appearance affect your decision to have a meal there. It was there that I got my only “real” Jamaican food fix.

The beach area is small and sufficient, and I liked that there was plenty of shade provided by the trees. The water at the beach was clear, shallow and just AWESOME. If you don’t care much at all about your room, or if you can ensure that you get a remodeled room, I think you would enjoy the stay here. I rated this hotel lower because of the moldy room I received and the fact that they kept telling me no remodeled rooms were available, when I confirmed with two other groups that they got their rooms changed out on my first day there and on my second day there (they also said they had nothing available the second day, when they did). So, two stars for the moldy dingy rooms that have not been remodeled and for staff that were totally untruthful about the availability of better quality rooms. Make SURE you reserve a remodeled room!!! Seven Mile beach is lovely regardless.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank FlyGirl1996

Thank you for taking time to write this review. We appreciate your mention of the issues you experienced, and will use this to aid in improving our overall service to our guests. We have noted your comments and assure you that we are taking all the necessary steps to ensure that the above-mentioned issues are corrected as we strive to continue improving our service standards. Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back home to CocoLaPalm soon

Reviewed 4 January 2018

This was the third time to Coco, and possibly the fifteenth time to Negril. It was our second year in a row at Coco. I hate to write this but, check in was terrible! After traveling all day with delayed flights, an extremely slow bus ride, and the usual frustrations, we arrived at Coco over three hours late. We were among the first couples to arrive in the office, but the last to leave! It was like we were invisible! We just kept getting ignored! There were two ladies handling the check-in, but one didn't seem to know what she was doing, and the other one was doing everything. Very disorganized! And, no, there wasn't an overabundance of people checking in. They didn't even acknowledge the fact we were returning guests, as they did with others. Wasn't a very good start! Due to the extremely slow check-in we missed the last part of the managers party which all the others on our bus got to enjoy. After the horrendous check-in everything fell into place. We love this place! The staff are so good, from the bar to the gardens to the beach! I believe all rooms have fridges. Free wifi throughout the resort. Again, right across the street is Mikey's, sells beer and other small items. And, Best in the West Restaurant is next to Mikey's. However, the food at Coco's is very good! You really don't need to go anywhere else if you don't want to. Happy hour is great! The beach is beautiful! Like every resort hat I've been to, you have to be a bit of an early bird to get a beach chair, or know the security guards. They just need to update their antiquated check-in process!!!

Room Tip: The newer section does not have patios or balconies.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank TravelShihan

Thank you for your insightful commentary and review of our resort. We appreciate your taking time to tell us about your experiences. We have noted your comments and assure you that we are taking all the necessary steps to ensure that the above-mentioned issues are corrected as we strive to continue improving our service standards. We have noted your commendation of our staff team, the service and the foods served in our restaurant and are very appreciative that you recommend us to others.