CocoLaPalm Resort
USD 325
USD 196
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 219/night.

USD 215
USD 240
USD 120
USD 65
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 73/night.

USD 81
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
USD 78
USD 74
USD 212
USD 193
Xtabi Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
USD 67
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
USD 76
TripAdvisor
USD 289
1,257 results
All reviewscoco la palmjerk chickencontinental breakfastjunior suitebeach barthe banana breadseven mile beachhot tubpattiesstandard roompatty manadult poolsun beachdirectly across the streetcoffee makerbeach securitydouble sinks
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We stayed in a deluxe room primarily to have a veranda and a wet bar.It was close to the main pool and the office nearer the street. Booked our hotel and flight on Hotels.com and that worked out just fine. this is our second trip to Jamaica after about 20 years. The trip from the airport on the bus service was uneventful and took about 1and 1/2 hrs.

I think the best way to approach this is just to list our likes and dislikes at the hotel.

Likes
Clean room
Grounds and pools are very well kept up
Beach, as others have said, seems to be one of the best after walking down the beach in each direction
Landscaping at the hotel is very nice
No problems with shower or water and we did drink the tap water to some extent
Staff at the hotel were very nice and we had no problems with the vendors. (front desk staff not so much)
I would have to rate the restaurant as average. Seems like the spice has been decontented to appeal to the average Minnesotan that frequents this hotel. Sevice and breakfast was good.
Dislikes
We like to drink wine, but wine selection here and at other restaurants we went to were outrageously priced. example a six or seven dollar bottle of yellowtail in the US was as much as $35
It is very noisy in the am as the staff starts trundling their carts down the concrete sidewalks and hollering to each other as they go about their duties. So forget sleeping in.
We love to drink coffee in the am and the web site said BM coffee in the rooms, but we were disappointed to find this was not the case and the 4 cup coffeemaker ran loudly for about twenty minutes to make horrible undrinkable coffee so head to the restaurant
The room furnishings and tv were pretty dated, but worked well enough
Beds were just ok like staying in a cheap motel stateside.

All in all it was an enjoyable stay. If we were going back to Negril I would consider this place, but we probably will not be returning to Jamaica anytime soon.

Room Tip: Rooms near the street are pleasant, but noisy in the am so sleeping in is tough
4  Thank DBball
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This was our second time at Coco La Palm and for thr most partit didn't disappoint.. My main gripe is that when we trying to book the stay on the website, it showed there were standard rooms available. However when I called to inquire, I was told that they only had a standard room available for the first 3 night and after that, there were only deluxe and above and we would have to switch rooms. But it wasn't a deal breaker especially since the said she upgrade us for free and we wouldn't have to pay anything additional. Anyways, so we get there.. And when they say standard room, I mean boy is it standard!! Old furniture, needed a new paint job, old janky half rusted safe, tiny bathroom, flukey air conditioner, no ceiling fan... On top of that, ANTS!! I mean, it sounds worse than it was.. It wasn't that big of a deal, it served our purposes plus had a nice little porch and table outside.... That is, until we switched to our new room! I mean, it was like night and day.. Beautifully furnished, new air conditioner, new(er) TV, new safe, ceiling fan, fresh paint job, MUCH bigger bathroom w/ storage space, etc etc.. I just thought it was kinda messed up that they would have that much of a difference between standard and deluxe..

But outside of that fiasco.. I still like the resort, the people are friendly, food and drinks are good and reasonably priced, the beach in front is very nice.. I just wish they would step their game up. 1) They need to have beach service. It sucks always having to go the the bar and come back w your food/drink 2) They should put some speakers so you can hear the music on the beach, not just at the bar/restaurant 3) the one night they were having some sort of 'staff talent show' before a music act.. WTF? Staff talent show?? I felt like I was at some corny all inclusive resort in Ocean City, MD.. I just feel like they need to strive for a more upscale atmosphere to match their prices as this resort is not exactly cheap.. The whole vibe just seems a little stale, they need to spice it up, do something.. There are other places on the beach that have a much hipper, saucier-kind of vibe.. I understand they may be trying to cater to a more mature crowd but it shouldnt be like staying at a retirement home either.. Sorry AARP

4  Thank BKSweetheart
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We just returned from a week at this resort. We used Negril One Stop as our booking agent and I could not be more pleased with our selections...You will not find a better location on Long Bay on Seven Mile beach. We found the beach vendors to be very aggressive this year, however the security officers did a great job moving the unwanted vendors along! We were a bit disappointed in the nightlife in the area thinking it was still the on-season with on-season rates, but this was not the case. We had a deluxe room which was a 10 second walk to the beach near the pool. As stated in other posts, the room was a bit dated, but very clean and comfortable and the housekeeper did an outstanding job and went out of her way to make our stay comfortable. The pool noise during the day could be very loud with some loud families, but we were at the room very little if any during the day except to shower, change and make a drink. One family sent their kids out at 6:30am a couple of days and with the slatted windows whether opened or closed it was like they were in your room yelling and splashing in the pool. Not the kids fault, but the ignorant parents. It would be like me going to the pool at 1am splashing and yelling while their children tried to sleep at those hours. 6:30am was very rude and inconsiderate of others, we stay up later in the night and would like to sleep until at least 8am which is not too much to ask. The day before we left the family who takes over the entire resort arrived inlcluding at least five couples with kids who were as loud as the parents. Whether the pool or beach everybody was aware of their presence, however this has nothing to do with Coco except that the openess of the rooms contributes to you being aware of every second of this type of family. They do not even know that they are like this or most likely they do not care. I was pleased with my selection of weeks as they arrived the day before I left! Again, not Coco's fault.

I would have given this resort a five star but the room didn't rate as such and as previously noted, some of the service workers especially the bartender Vernon was less then welcoming. In fact, he made us stay away from the bar at Coco and go to some of the neighboring bars; I am suprised that Coco keeps him employed. Most other staff were good except for the beach/towel person who also made you feel like you were bothering him and one of the two female security officers at the gate in the day who was just miserable. We rented a scooter for five days and one of the two female security officers made you not want to bother her, the other was very nice and always smiling as you left and returned!

The beach area at Coco is amazing and the breakfasts more than adequate. There are too many positives to list them all so as you can see from my rating, even with the above issues we had a great time and we will return! The best thing I can say is location, location, location. By far the best resort beach on the entire stretch with a great pool, large hot tub for at least twenty very comfortably, immaculate groomed grounds and a feeling of safety!

Room Tip: Depending what you want, a room off the pool might be better to avoid the noise from the pool. You will also want to stay away from the front of the resort along the street as screeching tires, racing cares and horn honking is constant day or night! I would think a beachfront room opposite the beach bar would be best. I won't tell you my two favorite rooms so they might be available when we return :-)!
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Just got back last night from Negril and another great stay at CocoLaPalm. This is the third time in two years that we enjoyed out stay. The rooms are nice, simple, and clean. Had no problems with hot water or a/c. The staff is friendly and helpful. None of the rooms are more than a few steps to the beach. The breakfast at the hotel is good, simple, and cheap. It is so nice to just stumble out of your room to the beautiful seven mile beach. Good fresh fruits and vegetables from beach vendors. You can also buy fresh from the farm juice in bottles, banana bread, and listen to strolling musicians. The water is clean, and there are two indoor pools on the property.
There are enough more expensive rooms in the area, but I would rather see the real Jamaica and have more money to spend in the bars and on wood carvings.
We adopted several cats that would greet us at our room at night for dinner, then in the AM for breakfast. One of the things I love about the CocoLaPalm, and Negril in general, is being able to walk around barefoot in shorts, and being able to walk into a restaurant or bar for some good conversation and rum drinks.There is great jerk chicken all around. There is a little market called Mickey's across the street is you need little items like cigarettes, drinks, beer, etc. I found all of the current bar staff to be pleasant and helpful at the hotel...again. The front desk was also friendly and helpful. Of course I have a crush on the daytime female security guard at the front gate. I asked her if she wanted to go to the beach with us...she got mad because she wanted to come but couldn't. Always a big nice smile.
What else is there to say? You can do so many things from the hotel. River and ocean boating is there, tours are available. We rather take a cab and have out private driver spend time with us. There is also a wood carver (Donovan?) at the hotel with some nice things. The office will help you ship anything you buy with ease.
Need to get away from all the stress??? No need to look any further. Ya Mon...Respect!

Room Tip: We stayed in 411 and 414. More private in 414, bigger room in 411. But all the rooms are so close to the beach that they are all fine.
2  Thank SeniorDaddy
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Coco has one of the best beach areas for lounging and sunning on the 7-mile. Anyone who has been to Negril knows that there are beach sellers with wares constantly walking the stretch, but Gibson was always on top of them so that no one on the beach was bothered if they didn't want the beach vendor's wares. We paid extra to have a particular room that we had stayed in before. Although I still thought the per-night cost was high for a loyal, returning visitor, I was not sorry to spend the extra money to make sure I had that same room again. I also wasn't informed that by calling in to the hotel to make my reservation breakfast was not included in the rate. That was bad on my part for not checking since it had been included the last time I stayed there. Just be sure of what you are getting and at what price. We had ants in around the sink a couple of times - not a big deal to us. The room was cleaned well every day, including the front patio area. The front desk staff was always helpful and friendly. The grounds are extremely well-maintained and beautifully landscaped. They could have picked up a few of the Red Stripe beer bottles a little earlier in the morning when I got up, but, then again, what Jerks leave their beer bottles sitting in the walkways or on the beach? TOURISTS with no respect.

Room Tip: Families would love the Coco Suite facing the ocean with it's large patio and table for games of scrabble or cards with the kids in the afternoon.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family