“Seven Mile Beach ”

Book In Advance
More Info
USD 50.12*
and up
Negril Day Trip to Seven Mile Beach from Montego...
Ranked #4 of 61 things to do in Negril
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Pirates once haunted this seven-mile stretch of golden sand beach, now ruled by pleasure-seeking beach bums and sun-worshipers.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Amazing beach, great snorkeling, many things to do. I'd recommend taking a hired personal driver (these are super easy to arrange in Jamaica and reasonable) instead of a tour, so you can stay according to your own wishes and schedule.

1  Thank Barbie A
Write a ReviewReviews (6,937)
All reviews
in 188 reviews
"paradise"
in 174 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018

My husband and I were staying on Bloody Bay, which is literally just down the road from 7 mile but you can't walk to it because of the cliffs. So we went to check out the famous 7 mile beach after we had been at our hotel for a couple days. I think we are spoiled because we think that 7 mile has nothing on Bloody Bay. We loved both of them, bloody bay was just smaller. So 7 mile obviously had more history, older and smaller hotels. We only went to the left (sorry for lack of direction) of margaritaville. It was definitely a nice long walk, and beautiful sand beaches. I have no complaints. In fact I could see staying at one of the small/boutique like resorts (instead of the huge mega resorts which don't appeal to me at all). I loved the beach and the water and would go there again!

1  Thank Rebecca W
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Early morning on Negril beach is heaven. Quiet and picturesque, flat calm. Before the hustlers get going. This visit was not too bad but in general the number of hustlers can be a real turn-off for many people. Did not see a single policeman or security in the two days we were there - a holiday weekend. Wake up tourist board.

2  Thank dawnimac
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Just beautifull. My only problem were salers who want to make fast money. 15 US dollars for few bannans and suger cane or 60 US dollar for 1 hour massage!? Yes I'm tourist but I'm not naiv.

1  Thank GoranJ
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Two weeks on Seven-Mile Beach.
This was my 5th time in Jamaica and my 3rd time at Seven-Mile Beach which I found to be the nicest part of Jamaica with its warm, clear, Caribbean waters that I loved to swim in before breakfast and other meals. There are many different restaurants along the beach that one can walk to, and there are live reggae bands playing here or there along the beach many nights. The best part of the beach (my “main beach area”) may be between Firefly Beach Cottages and Rondel Village.

Of course, staying at a hotel does not mean you have to eat there too. I enjoyed all of my breakfasts at Firefly, whether it was the Jamaican breakfast, the pancakes, or the Spanish omelette. Dinners I particularly liked next door at Sun Beach because they usually served a complimentary bowl of pumpkin soup that was spiced just right to open my stomach for the main dish, for which I most liked their creamy, coconut Snapper. For lunch I went sometimes to the West End Jerk Chicken hut across the road from Sun Beach, sometimes to Alfred’s Ocean Palace (closer to town but still within walking distance from my main beach area) for a chicken salad, or sometimes I just bought some papaya from the fruit lady who walks the beach or from the supermarkets in town.

Most of the major live reggae bands along the beach play a little closer to town from my main beach area, at places like Roots Bamboo or Alfred’s or Bourbon Beach. Thankfully they play the old-time music that has some rhythm to it, not the modern, painful mess you often find at night clubs even in Jamaica these days. It’s nice to feel music that makes you want to dance in your seat at least. There are also reggae or jazz bands many nights in my main beach area and sometimes the Boat Bar (next to Rondel Village) also has some nice music late afternoon.

During daytime I felt safe alone anywhere along the beach, but at night some sections can be quite dark and I preferred to walk along the road or, better still, wave down one of the route taxis (make sure the license plate is red before getting in) for a shared ride to town for 150 Jays per person. For the airport transfer I have used Mr. Jerry’s taxi service and found him reliable and punctual.

1  Thank george009_12