“Location ! Spectacular Views! Location!”
Review of Blue Cave Castle

We can't find prices for this hotel
Blue Cave Castle
Ranked #51 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Location ! Spectacular Views! Location!”
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I have just returned from a memorable trip to Negril Jamaica. Very pleased with my choice to stay at the The Blue Cave Castle. My family and I stayed in two superior air conditioned rooms and one other room . They were immaculately clean. We felt very safe on the property and were welcomed by the staff. We spent time in the water snorkeling and jumping from various levels of the cliff by the cave. We loved sitting on the porches and patios of our rooms and walking the grounds to view the sunrise and sun set. Just as other reviews boasted coffee was ready early so that we could enjoy while soaking in the spectacular views. Transportation was easily obtained outside the gates.When we took a snorkeling trip the guide from Vincents came right to the cliffs below the cave to pick us up and returned us to the same location. We chose to eat outside of Teddy's in order to get a feel for the community. We ate at choices several days and on the recommendation of another Patron ate at Pueblos .Both were great starts to the day and the "neighbors along the way are very social. We had no difficulty sleeping after really enjoying the day we we all had very restful sleep. There are mini fridges in the rooms we stayed in and we kept some soda "Ting" and Red Stripes in them. The lady other reviewers talked about came around with fresh squeezed orange juice and we enjoyed that as well. Petrona and the rest of the staff were helpful and gracious hosts as other have reported.
A few tips:
-Bring your own beach towels.
-If you are prone to being bitten by bugs where you are from you will probably want to bring something with 40% deet. Our one family member who gets bitten in the states was really the only one who had more than a few bites but we all used the deet. The fresh Alvera sticks that the ladies sell on seven mile beach were helpful to soothe the bites after being bitten.
-We brought a full supply of hygiene supplies and some basic first aid.
-Water shoes are recommended while swimming in the water below the castle.
-Recommend 30 SPF sun screen .

Blue Cave Castle is an excellent choice.

Room Tip: Superior Rooms were excellent. We sometimes napped in the afternoon before dinner and it gets pretty...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Tracy B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 July 2012 via mobile

I have been at the Blue Cave Castle for the passed week and it has truly been amazing. You can swim/jump right off the cliffs and into the cave, delicious food is at the hotel or walking distance, cabs to take you to the beach always available. I really love the vibe..Let me say Patrona, the office manager, is a gem. She helped me buy flowers for my husband for our 1 year anniversary and kept it a secret.. She scheduled our airport pick up when we arrived..She was able to get us anything we needed! She is the best. And so is Teddy.. A super fun guy who is definitely one of Jamacias best chefs. His food is spectacular. The view of the sunset nightly is breathtaking. The overall vibe is great, quiet and peaceful. We spent our nights outside with the other guests talking in front of the ocean.. Everyone was so friendly! I am truly in love with this country thanks to this trip!
The one thing that could be an issue is the Mosquitos.. I have over 20 mosquito bites and I know the blue cave can't control them, but if the doors were air tight and fit into the doorways perfectly, obviously less Mosquitos would be able to come inside. We lit bug candles and covered ourselves in bug spray and were still bitten by them like crazy. Not a huge issue though, I would come back again in a heartbeat! Thanks Blue Cave for the trip of a lifetime! One love.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank SeansWifey
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 June 2012

The place is very well kept and clean. My room was #4 over looking the ocean and patio. My room did not have ac nor TV. It was not hot at all in the night. I felt the ocean breeze coming from the balcony door (off course together with my fan on)This is a budget hotel so please do not expect to be like a five star resort. The guards and the staff are very nice. I recommend this hotel to any person who does like going to the beach and venture out. If you are a great swimmer than you can dive off the cliffs. The view of the ocean was beautiful. There are about two small caves that you can see. There is free coffee and tea every morning. The bed was a foam mattress, so my back was hurting every morning. I ate breakfast at Teddy's hideaway and dinner one night. The waitress was very nice, but the food was okay. Average priced. I wish I would of stood at the beach, because the taxi cab became very pricey and half of the time the drivers wanted to scam us. I recommend exchanging your currency to jamaican currency to avoid any issues especially at the pubs and restaurants. Not sure if I will go to jamaica again because of the experience my husband and I had but if we do I will just do all-inclusive next time. (It has nothing to do with the hotel)

Room Tip: If you like the beach and pool this is not the place for you. If you like relaxation and peace then...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dallylta2
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Well, where should I start with this review? I am from Jamaica and on this trip I decided to stay at the Blue Cave Castle in Negril, Jamaica. This was a vacation/Honeymoon/1 year Wedding Anniversary and I wanted it to be special. My husband was not too excited about staying in Negril, however, when it was all said and done he had to admit it was the BEST experience ever!! Upon arriving at The BCC (Blue Cave Castle) It stood out for a few reasons; firstly, the staff was very welcoming, secondly, the hotel is a unique looking and well manicured property and thirdly the property is guarded by 2 wonderful dogs. Once settled in we decided to eat outside at the BCC and although the hotel is not all-inclusive, there is a chef on duty (Teddy) who I read was fabulous. I must say that Teddy was very accomodating and his meals were out of this world! Every morning at 5am, there is a fresh pot of delicious coffee awaiting the guests located at a little hut and you can help yourself as much as you want. You can order your meals ahead of time and eat wherever you want. Stacy-Ann, the waitress, is very sweet and attentive and always smiling. Teddy, the chef, is exceptional and if you want something that is not on the menu, he will prepare it if at all possible. I must say, for breakfast my 2 favorites were ackee and saltfish with callaloo and fried dumplings and Teddy's french toast was great!! Dinner was always fabulous and my oh my, the Lobster Thermador was a big part of "heaven" that I experienced. While at the BCC I met the owner, Susan, who's the sweetest and most welcoming person. Petrona, the property manager is a wonderful lady who sees to any needs you may have, she is very helpful in any and every way. We stayed in Superior Room #11 which had 3 beds, a queen and 2 doubles, cable, small fridge and AC (not all rooms have AC or a TV). You can go on the BCC website and get an idea of what the rooms are like, yet I found the pictures didn't do justice. While the rooms are not high tech, they are very cozy, and very clean. It also had a large bathroom and the balcony is very sunny and faces the water so that you don't even have to leave the room to see the AWESOME SUNSETS every evening. The BCC is on the cliffs and you have direct access to the sea via the caves or 2 other stairs that lead you right down to the water which you can go snorkelling right there. The water is wonderful and my husband even did a little fishing right off the cliffs and caught a few small snappers. Just sitting around in the morning sipping on our coffee we saw dolphins playing, a huge stingray and a couple schools of fish. At the BCC you are about a 10 minute cab drive from the beach ($200JA for 2 people) and I would recommend entering the beach through Kuyaba which does not charge you for entering the beach or using their beach chairs. While there we would have something to eat and their food is very good!! As an added perk they have a guard on-duty on the beach which keeps away anyone from trying to harass you into buying their goods or services. A few other places to eat that we found were very good were Sweet Spice, Just Natural (to your left out of BCC), LTU (just after Rick's Cafe) and of course Rick's Cafe. FYI, Erica's which is posted all over trip advisor as the best place for lobster is CLOSED, I made a bee-line there come to find out that the owner, Erica died a few years ago and the little roadside restaurant is CLOSED. Back to BCC which is located on the cliffs, hence, no beach on the property. One thing that I really appreciated is you can go hang out at popular spots, go to the beach, listen to music at a variety of places, go to a bar for drinks and dancing yet once back at the BCC, it is very peaceful and safe and you can just relax in your room or the common areas where you can sit, read a book, watch the boats going by or meet other wonderful guests. If you are looking for transportation from airport to hotel or to do a little sight-seeing, then please give Gregg Connell a call (1.732.334.0992 from USA or 1.876.570.2983 from JA), he is the owner of Reggae Tours and is very puntual, accomodating and reasonably priced. His vans are very clean, comfortable and have AC. I also love the fact that when using Greggs services his guides never leave you, they stay with you no matter what. For a very reasonable fee, he will also set up a cell phone that you can use while in JA to make local/international calls instead of racking up hefty charges with your phone carrier. Also, keep in mind the more people on a tour the cheaper it is per person, so if you can link up with other guests at BCC with similar interests it would be in your best interest. If you don't know where to go just ask Gregg he will tailor your tours to fit your interests. I hear that a fabulous tour is the YS Falls/Pelican Bar, I personally did not do any tours on this go around but will next time (honeymoon-HELLO) ...lol. Thanks again to Susan (owner) and all the staff, Petrona (manager), Teddy (Chef), Stacy (waitress), Santa and Mike (grounds keepers), Marcus and Peaches (Security), housekeeping, and Brandy and Coby. (security dogs)!! Know that Negril is a fisherman's town and no very tall buildings to be found. You can walk around and like anyplace else just be alert of your surroundings.The roads are narrow and winding and people drive very fast, therefore, I did not feel too comfortable walking after dark. I hope this review will help and I will attempt to post pictures in the next week once I figure out how to do it. If you should visit BCC please tell them Linda & Greg send their LOVE and if you should utilize Reggae Tours services tell Gregg Connell that Linda sent you, he will take good care of you!! ONE LOVE!!

Room Tip: Go on BCC website to get an idea of location and amenities of individual rooms. Penthouse has 39 ste...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
12 Thank JamaicanHoneyma
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 14 May 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here for our honeymoon.

Basically, this resort is great for people who simply want a bed to sleep in at night, while they are out and about all day seeing the country.

This is NOT (in my opinion) the place to stay for a honeymoon.

Service was average (despite an advanced heads up of an early check in and approval for this, our room still took 2 hours to prepare. Not a big deal...but still...) and the food at the adjoining restaurant was also of an average standard.

If you are visiting Jamaica and are spending each day out, then this place will suffice.

If you are planning a romantic getaway, I would suggest somewhere else, such as The Caves.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple