New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3 of 84 Hotels in Negril
Trinidad
“Absolutely worth it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

I frequently visit Jamaica, this was the first time by West End. My husband and I chose Rockhouse Hotel because of the reviews from Trip Advisor and the cost. We stayed in one of the Premium Villas. This hotel was ideal. The food from the restaurant was superb! I had the grill squid with jerk sauce and jerk chicken and my husband had the soup and steak. We had breakfast there every morning, there was great variety as i was able to have something different each morning. The only complaint we had was with the pool bar, they took almost an hour to serve us 2 sandwiches, which i thought was way too long.

The water was really nice and snorkling in the waters at and around Rockhouse was great. We were able to see a baby stingray, lionfish, and hundreds of reef fish and losts of different types of coral, because of this we didn't take any of the snorkling trips people were selling.

Overall Rockhouse is a great place for both a family vacation and romantic vacation!

P.S> Some vacationers mentioned that the minute they stepped out of Rockhouse they were bombarded with people trying to sell them stuff, in my experience once you tell them no thinks politely, they don't harass you.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Shiri B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

This is the most beautiful resort I've ever stayed out. Who needs a beach when you can dive right from your balcony into the calm, clear Carribean waters? Ocean is roped off around the vicinity of the resort so you feel safe, and lots of ladders around to climb out from. The villas are magnificent, all stone, with outdoor showers and even outdoor toilets (walled off for privacy of course). 2 restaurants wonderful, staff very friendly. One warning---do NOT get a standard room, which is akin to an Econolodge. Pay the extra bucks and get the Villa---its well worth it and makes for a completely different experience. You feel like you are completely separated from other guests when you're in a villa, and you have your own private front porch that overlooks the ocean. Take a walk outside the complex, either up the road to quaint little bars, restaurants, and the Negril Lighthouse, or down the road into town and the beach. If you don't like to walk, cabs are cheap. LOVED THIS PLACE.

Room Tip: Definitely get a Villa. Do not get a standard room, which is like night and day from the villas and...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Debra S
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

I cannot stop thinking about our trip to Jamaica, and more specifically the fabulous time we had at The Rockhouse. My husband and I were going their for my cousin's wedding (our first time out of the country), and decided to go a little early to spend some time by ourselves to celebrate our 20 year anniversary. I think we got the best studio room in the place (room #28, ask for it), it had a wrap around deck with a great ocean view and very quiet. Great location. All the staff was wonderful and my husband loved chatting with Barley about motorcycles, and we loved the Swedish massages from Latoya and Joy. My husband took advantage of the yoga every morning, while I sat and read on the deck. Gossett was very good at remembering everyone's name in our group, when my family got there and all of us laidies hung out at the pool and kept ordering the Rockhouse Delight, we kept him running and he was so wonderful about it all. We ate at both the Rockhouse restaraunt and The Push Cart Grill and were happy with everything we had. You have to try the banana pancakes at the Rockhouse restaraunt, they are fabulous! If you want to do some shopping outside the resort area, check out Judy's place. It is across the street from the entrance of the Rockhouse restaraunt (it is NOT by the Push Cart entrance and definitely do not go to the one outside the entrance by the front desk) and you will meet Judy, who has a great little shop and is so friendly and not pushy at all. We would go over just to visit because she was so friendly, and I brought everyone in the family over there to shop.

I have nothing negative to say about our time at the Rockhouse, it is beautiful, the staff is friendly, the food is good and it is so relaxing. We only went outside of the resort one day for an excursion and then I was good to stay right at the Rockhouse for the rest of time. We will definitely be back to stay at the Rockhouse.

Room Tip: If you stay in a studio room, pick #28 for the wrap around deck and outdoor shower. I'm glad we...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Denise W
washington d.c.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

Cannot say enough good things about our stay at the Rockhouse Resort. Attentive management, breathtaking views, delicious food, the best massage you'll ever have (ask for Latoya) etc. etc. JUST GO. You'll be greeted with the best rum punch of your life and then please promptly jump off a cliff and into the teal, clear waters. Jerk chicken poolside was the best in all of Negril, sorry 3 Dives! Pushcart was fantastic, order a multitude of rum drinks from heaven and Fish Escovitch.

The complimentary Starfish soaps and toiletries were rich, coco-buttery delights (local Kingston small business) The Sweet Jamaica candle in itself was genius, put Tocca and other schmancy $60 candles brands to shame.

Nelson, the BEST driver working for Kenny Tours, took us everywhere we needed to go - including a small farmer's market where I ate the sweetest papayas and bananas. He also introduced to me to the delicious and dangerous combination of Ting and Appleton.

Bob Marley, Bob Dylan, and the Rolling Stones (and Jude Law ha) can't be wrong, go as soon as possible.

Room Tip: We stayed in a standard and it was wonderful. We had our own private side patio and front porch. Min...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sfoxcor
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

After writing reviews for our most recent trip to Negril, where we could not stay at The Rockhouse because it was fully booked, I realized I never reviewed The Rockhouse itself. I've stayed there 3 times, 2003, 2004 and 2010, first in a regular room, then in an ocean villa plus a few nights in a premium villa last time. It's changed quite a bit over the years, it's much bigger, more resort-like, and much harder to book a whole week (probably due to weddings)? But it is hands down my favorite place to stay.

The food options are great, the rooms are not "luxury" but the beds are comfortable and have nice linens, the outdoor showers are super fun, love the little sunning spots strung along the cliff and the pool is gorgeous.

The only possible negatives? More attitude from the staff here than other places, probably because they get so much press. The crowd is hipper and younger than the other places we've stayed at. I wouldn't call it cozy but it's gorgeous and sexy as hell. I'd like to try The Caves next trip but will always be sure to include some nights at The Rockhouse too.

Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lalabbott
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
2.2 km away
1.2 km away
Catcha Falling Star
Catcha Falling Star
#5 of 84 in Negril

Been to Rockhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!