“Loved. This. Place.”

Ranked #27 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Atlanta, Georgia
“Loved. This. Place.”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Beautiful grounds and location. Can walk on the beach for miles and have lunch/dinner at so many places! Cottages were perfect "island" style. Restaurant right on the beach.....nice staff.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank kat032967

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Polish first
San Diego
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We hated the idea of a huge all-inclusive resort and were delighted to find the unique hospitality of Country Country. This was our first visit to Negril and the setting of the cottages right on the beach was ideal. The beach area was spacious, uncrowded and had everything we needed with beach chairs, tables, umbrellas and toys. I felt safe at all times. Perhaps the best thing about Country Country is the onsite restaurant, Peppas, which served up sophisticated local food and drinks at very reasonable prices. I'd gladly return!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank WiseGuiseSanDiego
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I will be heading back to CC in a couple of days for my THIRD VISIT. I can't believe I didn't write a review previously, but this is absolutely one of THE most unique experiences you could have while visiting Jamaica. You will enjoy personalized service from the wonderful staff, authentic Jamaican food, and the time of your life being steps away from a beautiful crystal clear beach...will never ever stay in an all-inclusive again!

Shout out to Moniquie/reservations, she is responsive with a smile (via internet---that's how good their service is)

Room Tip: spend more for the bungalow...worth every penny!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lover4Travel
Washington, DC
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I think just about everything has been said about Country Country below. I just want to add that they are cute cottages with a decent bathroom, small tv, good bed and towels. It's not a five star resort. Come here if you want to just hang and see the beautiful ocean. We brought my parents and our 2 young children (5 and 8 years old) and they enjoyed the place. The majority of the staff are great (even the gardeners). There are just may be 1 or 2 of the restaurant staff that will not smile if you do not tip them. So make your life a little more pleasant and tip them from Day 1 and you will have much better service just for a few extra dollars. The water is shallow and most of the time is very calm (we have been to the same beach in January and in May) and I can't say that I have seen waves but for 1 day when it was rather windy. The rest of the time the ocean is calm, clean and clear. You can see your own feet at chest deep water. Our kids are good swimmers so they just play in the water most of the time. CC has some sand toys that customers have left but they have seen better days. So bring your own toys if you need toys. The restaurant is a good deal and is delicious. We ate breakfast and lunch there and didn't get a chance to try dinner until our last few nights. You can't get better than this for the price so don't bother paying $$$ for a ride into town. The other place to eat is Ixtapa on the cliffs which has great service and great food. Walk to the other side of Negril Tree House to the little hut for jerk chicken and patties for an inexpensive lunch. Lastly, we never heard any music from the bar. There was one night when there was really loud music coming off a large boat in the sea but it was not from the bar.

Room Tip: Get a room closer to the beach.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank TVK2009
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 11 March 2012

First time to Jamaica and love, love, love Negril!!! Can't wait to go back. Really enjoyed the vacation in Negril, right on the beach, and loved that it wasn't all inclusive. Great breakfast included, fridge in the room...you just stock your fridge with drinks, have a great breakfast and there are tons of bars/restaurants/vendors all around you. Or grab beer or a rum drink from your room and take to your lounge chair on the beach....seconds away....

It was nice not to be stuck in a compound and get excellent food made to order. The food at Country Country and many, many restaurants all around is excellent and reasonably priced, in all price ranges. We had dinner on property once and it was awesome food (jerk sampler kabobs, and coconut chicken, that came with awesome tender-crisp vegetables and mashed potatoes). Breakfasts, as mentioned by others over and over, were wonderful and include a carafe of coffee and a glass of juice. Tried the Jamaican Special, Banana Pancakes (3 times), French Toast, and Omelettes, all wonderful. As much as we loved the food at Country Country, we wanted to try as many of the wonderful restaurants in the area as possible during our one-week stay. Even the top restaurants are not outrageously priced. We ate at Ivan’s, Seastar, Kuyaba, Sunbeach, Canoe Bar (wonderful live show) for dinner, and Ixtabi and Seasplash (great live show, Benjy Miaz and Friends) for lunch. One day we went to Rhodes Hall for their all-you-can-eat-and-drink pizza party. Other days we ate patties on the beach (Norman goes down the beach with his bike selling them hot) and we bought a few bottles of fabulous freshly squeezed orange, papaya and mango juice from vendors on the beach (also fruit, sugar cane, coconut, pineapple). I’ll never forget the vendor’s sing-song call of “orange juice” every morning. Loved all of it, but Canoe Bar, Country Country and Ivan’s were our favorites for dinner.

At Country Country, there are no marble floors or jacuzzi tubs. Cottages are basic and a bit rustic (like a cottage at the lake - except you're on the ocean with 7 mile beach literally steps away!). The “luxury” you do receive is the very intimate (only 20 cottages), clean, welcoming and safe, homey environment in a choice location (beautiful gardens and one of the best pieces of beach, especially for the small number of guests). You are definitely not a number at Country Country. No line ups of any kind. We had a premium cottage, large private balcony, with table and chairs, and Adirondack chairs for relaxing - overlooking the beach and ocean! Fell asleep to the sound of tree frogs chirping and ocean waves, so wonderful…except Friday night, Margaritaville had a party and it was too loud, you could feel the base. I managed to fall asleep very quickly though, so it wasn’t a deal breaker by any means but I’m truly glad it wasn’t going on every night. The management of Country Country and other surrounding hotels, of course, have no control over what goes on at Margaritaville.

We felt very safe and secure there...and I'm a woman travelling with my teenage son. Security was top notch. Jason and Dennis were the two security guards and they did their job very well and were both so friendly. They work long days/nights with not many days off. And Shionda (sp?) was usually at the front gate and she was very friendly. All three of them had such great smiles! Super was the name of our housekeeper and she was a lovely, motherly woman. Monique made a point of introducing herself and she was great as well (and she graciously put up with all my emails before we arrived!). When we went out for the day or evening and came "home", we really felt at home. Peaceful and very relaxing. You choose whether to stay and just relax and soak up the sun on the properties lounge chairs steps from the ocean, or go out to bars, site seeing, shopping, snorkeling, jet skiing, etc., etc. Lots of entertainment strolling by on the beach and often stopping in front of our chairs. (tips expected and deserved) One day a man stopped who was carrying a case which he opened up and pulled out a saxophone and started playing – priceless; magic shows, 3 piece ensembles, singers, guitarists…..

The only real cons I found were that there was no coffee pot in the room (only a kettle and instant coffee and tea – I like coffee first thing in the morning and I wanted to enjoy freshly brewed Blue Mountain coffee before getting dressed and going down for breakfast) and the king size bed was on a wooden platform, so was hard (we also used the single bed which had a box spring and was more accommodating).

In summary, it was truly wonderful! A week after coming home, I was still walking around with a dreamy smile on my face. It really feels like falling in love. I’m forced to get back to reality and work so I can save enough money to go again! I do hope to make it back to Country Country…I would go every year if I could….one week was awesome, but at least 10 days would be even better!

Photos attached, email me if you have questions.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family