USD 325
USD 138
  • Pool
USD 61
  • Pool
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
USD 77
USD 71
USD 216
USD 210
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 241/night.

USD 302
USD 259
Xtabi Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
USD 67
Pure Garden Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
USD 66
Priceline
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
USD 76
TripAdvisor
5,853 results
All reviewscabana grillsports complexatrium suitesea grapespatois patiomartini barcatamaran cruisegreat houseultimate chocolatebanana stuffed french toastaura loungefeathers restaurantpatios patioour honeymoonlemongrass restaurantfish tacosswim up bar
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We stayed for two weeks on 16/5/13 third time to this resort 4th visit to couples. Yet again we had a fantastic holiday. Lovely to see Ricardo at Couples Nigril on our day exchange. We were disappointed this year with the noise from the jet skies whilst sunbathing on the beautiful beach.
Ever thing was just the same as our previous visits staff, Food. all excellent. It is nice to come home and be greeted by familiar faces who remember you from previous visits. We have been home for just one week and decided to book Couples Tower Isle for March 2014.May see all our friend in 2015. Thank you Couples for another great holiday

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mistywarrington
Reviewed 21 June 2013

My girlfriend and I decided to go to Couples after talking to some friends and reading all the reviews... Boy were our expectations met! The ride to the hotel, although a little long had great views and the time flew by! We were met with cold towels and some champagne... We were a little early so we began discovering the grounds and had lunch! The staff were sooo polite! The room was excellent. We stayed in the great veranda and perfect...Air was cold, room was clean, never used the balcony but it was nice. The food was outstanding! The beaches were white and the sand silky smooth... We used the kayaks, went snorkeling, took the glass bottom boat and the catamaran trip. We loved the steel drum band!!! We really loved the fact that couples is adult only! Peaceful! Relaxing! We did the couples massage and it was wonderful! We used the spa and pool over at the athletic center as it seemed no one was ever there late in the evening,... The smoothie bar was the bomb! Wish we had stayed for a few more days! I would advise taking the tour of the grounds the first day where they show you all around, provide you the operating hours, and provide a lot of info about the local trees, flora, food, etc... Would we go back? In a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott H
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We went to Swept Away several times before Couples took it over. We loved it and always said we'd go back. Now we're finally going to go. We leave Saturday morning and come back the following Sunday.

Reading the reviews, I've seen names that I recognize from our trips years ago. The people who love this place love it for the same reasons my wife and I loved it so many years ago: Awesome beach, great food, excellent service and, above all, wonderful people, many of whom are still working there. We always felt pampered at Swept Away and we're looking forward to having that feeling again.

The petty gripes I've seen in a few--actually very few--reviews don't concern me. It's Jamaica--the power isn't always reliable, people are poor and will try to make a little money by trying to sell you something on the beach, and yes, it rains for a little while every day. Go back to your room with your husband or wife, consider that you are at one of the most romantic places on earth, and see if you can think of something to do for an hour or so while God waters all of that beautiful greenery outside.

Yes, CSA is an hour and a half from the airport. That's about three Red Stripes for me. When you get where you're going, you can buy a T-shirt that says "I Survived the Road to Negril' on it. Guess what? When you booked your trip, CSA was still an hour and a half from the airport. They haven't moved it. Personally, I like that hour-and-a-half drive; I get to see a lot of countryside along the coast road, catch up on the latest Reggae music, enjoy a few Red Stripes while visiting with the driver and take comfort in the deterrent value the bus ride offers. Whiney crybabies too up tight to deal with a 90 minute bus ride will book something in Montego Bay and I won't have to listen to them snivel for a week.

If I ever had a complaint, it would be the tree frogs. They sing to you all night long, thousands of them! So many times I've wished I had a good high-quality recording of that sound! Why in the world hasn't somebody at Couples thought to make a DVD available of the tree frogs singing, the wind blowing in the palms and the surf in the background? Maybe it's so we have to come back sooner to hear it again.

This is a place for couples who want great food, a great, relaxing beach vacation and opportunities for pampering and romance everywhere. If you're thin-skinned, stay in Britain. If you want to party all night, go to Cozumel. If you can't relax and just enjoy being at a great resort, stay at the office.

Saturday can't come soon enough.

Room Tip: We've stayed in everything and we've never had a bad room. There is some noise from the road if you stay in the lower-priced rooms. The beachfront suites are awesome but you might get some noise from late-nighters hanging out on the beach close to your room, particularly if you stay on the first floor. If you are a light sleeper, I'd recommend staying in one of the midlevel rooms like an Oceanview, away from the road and a little off of the beach. I really don't care; we're staying in an Oceanview this time, but if they upgraded us to a beachfront, I wouldn't fight them!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Mike W
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Four of us stayed at Swept Away from 6/3 to 6/10 and had Atrium Suites. This was our second visit to Swept Away. During our first visit in November of 2005, my husband and I had a Beachfront Verandah Suite. The resort is still, in our opinion, the best All-Inclusive in Negril. We have stayed at three others.

What we like about Couples Swept Away and why we stayed there a second time:

1. The variety of choices in the restaurants. With a total of six restaurants, Swept Away offers more in food options. All six of the restaurants are very good. We especially enjoy Patois Patio, Seagrape Cafe (directly on the beach with some tables actually in the sand serving healthy AND absolutely delicious food), Feathers and Lemongrass. During our first visit, we ran out of time and did not get an opportunity to try Lemongrass. We made reservations this time and truly enjoyed it. I had the yellow curry steamed snapper. It was excellent! Feathers is always a treat. I appreciate the way that the management and staff really work to make this a "special occasion" and dining event. You feel special from the moment you walk in the door and the food is very good. Well done!

2. The beach. This resort sits on one of the best stretches of beach in Jamaica. The water is calm and the beach is wide and level. The view is amazing. I noticed on this trip that we had a little easier time finding a seat in the shade and were even able to secure palapas a couple of days, once in the morning around 10:00 and one afternoon after a rain shower.

3. Security. The security team is always visible and works hard to ensure that no one comes onto the resort who is not a visitor.

4. The Staff Members. I can honestly say that as much as we enjoyed Swept Away the first time, we enjoyed it more on this trip. The staff did a superb job. I did not find one staff member who was not trying and who was not pleasant and helpful. A special thanks to OShane at the beach bar along with Colleen, Doreen, Terela(sp?) and all the other wonderful staff members who work hard to make this resort run like the well-oiled customer service machine that it is. It is a relatively large resort, so I can appreciate all that goes into making the experience what it is.

5. The front desk. The check-in process was easy and painless. We were very pleased with the rooms we received. We even had a pretty decent view of the ocean from an Atrium Suite which I was totally not expecting. I have noticed other reviewers saying that they changed rooms on the second day. We were completely pleased with our rooms on the first time out.

6. The entertainment. We think the entertainment was even better this time than on our previous trip. We had the opportunity to see the wonderful singer at the beach bonfire again on this trip, Shayam Moses. He is always magical. We also really enjoyed the shows in The Palms. For entertainment, you are going to have a difficult time finding any better consistently good entertainment every night at any All-Inclusive in Negril than at Swept Away.

7. Water Sports Option. We did the catamaran trip to The Cliffs and the snorkel trip. There were several other water activities that we meant to try, but we got too relaxed on the beach. The staff members who did the snorkel trip were great. I wish I could remember their names, but the captain who was Rasta was a great leader and very enjoyable.

Just a couple of suggestions:

1. Maybe mention to people with a first floor room that if you go out to the beach through your verandah door using the provided key and have the deadbolt on the front door, your room will not be cleaned. Now, I realize that this is common sense. But, it just never occurred to us.

2. Our suite had one of the remodeled bathrooms that includes a very nice large shower and no tub. Supply an absorbent bath rug to absorb water from the shower. Water tended to pool in the floor over near the commode.

3. Maybe it's just me, but I have stayed at three of the four properties owned by the Couples Resorts organization. In two of three resorts, I have found that the lighting can be an issue. It can be too dark in the rooms even with all of the available lighting on. I did not experience this issue at Couples Negril. Perhaps this is because their decor is a little brighter without the darker wood that makes the rooms so special at Swept Away and at Idle Awhile. I love the look of the rooms. Just makes it difficult to see.

We love Swept Away and would recommend it to anyone. It is a very natural looking resort with a true Jamaican feel, great food and a hard-working group of staff members committed to providing guests with an unforgettable experience. Don't go expecting perfection and you will have the vacation of a lifetime. It is a truly special resort on a perfect piece of beachfront in Negril which boasts one of the best, if not the very best, beach on the island of Jamaica. Everytime!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
13  Thank GinSha1
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My husband and I went to Couples Swept Away for our Honeymoon. We saw that Couples had several properties in Jamaica and did decide on Swept Away for the price. We could not have been happier. The staff was fantastic - no matter where you were or who you passed they always were pleasant, saying hello or asking how you day was. The food was terrific, with so much variety! I loved that they gave you a schedule of all the different events going on through the day that you could stop by and participate in - as well as always having some sort of entertainment at night. I really can not complain at all ! It is a great place for couples or a group of friends - the atmosphere is laid back and fun - we met so many great people! I loved all the activities (Catamaran, Glass Bottom Boat Tour, etc.) that was included - you dont find that much included at the all - inclusive resort for the price! If you are looking to get away and Jamaica is the place you are going I would recommend Couples - any of their locations! Definitly would go back!

Room Tip: The room we stayed in didn't have a TV or walls (they were more like shutters) really it wasn't a HUGE issue and nothing to do with the hotel - they do advertise that just something we overlooked. If i were to go back i may go for a room slightly closer to the beach (which are move Ocean view rooms) If you do with the standard room i would suggest requesting you do not want to be up against the road - you are farther away from everything.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple