“Excellent, made my first trip to Jamaica a very memorable one! Fun, friendly people :)”
Review of Moon Dance Cliffs

Moon Dance Cliffs
Ranked #48 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Great customer service, friendly, hospitable people and anything we needed, they took care of! Shouts out to Tataniaya, she was so sweet and just the best!

I was also impressed with the trip advisor rating that they had posted in the lobby at the resort, so, I decided to add to that! I will definitely come back the next time I am in Jamaica mon! One love!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Tiffany R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Bay Shore, New York
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Where do I begin to tell the story about this awesome resort. This was my first trip back home in 15 years and I could not think of a better way to reconnect for our friend's wedding. When we arrived at the resort, I was blown away at the welcome by the staff , cold rum punch drinks and the view from the lobby to die for. From the lobby which is open you have a full view of the sea and resort. Simone greeted us and knew our full names. She gave us a cell phone to call family home to confirm our safe arrival. Our beautiful room was on the first floor with a patio which lead out to the grounds. It took us less than ten minutes to change our clothes and head to the pool. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and well maintained. Annie's restaurant was the perfect place for breakfast or dinner with a sea breeze. The sports bar and the pool area was great for lunch. The food was excellent. Every morning, I had ackee and saltfish , callaloo with festival and fry plaintains. I never had to place an order because the staff knew it by heart LOL. We did a spa package which was great. Courtney and Claudette gave great massages. We want to send greetings to Rayon, Johnny Walker, Douglas, Omight, Sharica, Miss Tamara, Courtney, Clyde, the gardener who gave me the water coconut, Tatiyana, the head chef, the assistant chef and so many others. I would like to send a special thank you to Jovan who made sure that everyone was safe in the pool and diving off the cliffs. He was an excellent lifeguard because he took the time to look out for our safety. He is truly an asset to the resort. All of you make Moon Dance a very special place to rest and relax. With our friends and the staff, the laughter was never ending. We would also like to extend a special thank you to the staff for arranging the surprise romantic dinner. I had absolutely no clue about it even when Clyde came to get me LOL. Trust me I cried because it was so romantic with the sunset to start and the moonlight to close. I would highly recommend it to all couples. Moon Dance Cliffs is the perfect place for complete rest and relaxation. We are already looking forward to coming back and seeing all of you next year.

Room Tip: Every room had a great view.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Patricia C
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I recently stayed at the Moon Dance Cliffs for my parents’ wedding and it was such an amazing experience. I stayed in the beautiful five bedroom villa located right next to the cliffs. The view from all of the rooms was amazing. Either you got a view of the cliffs at the front or a view of the beautiful grounds on the property. Our villa had a dining room table outside under a patio adjacent to a small lounge area with chairs, a couch and a coffee table which had a beautiful view of the ocean. And attached the side of villa was the Jacuzzi. The perfect spot as it gave you privacy while still being right at your villa. The whole villa was so spacious with high ceilings in every room. The living room had a pool table in it and we also had a lot of fun in the evenings with the board games and the poker set. Every room had a patio event those on the ground floor with tables and chairs to relax outside and the master bedroom also had a Jacuzzi on the balcony that overlooked the ocean. The villa also had a full bar in it and our ‘butler’ Miss Kerri Ann was always there to get us anything we needed from coffee to food or even if we need to carry anything.
The entire staff was so helpful and friendly that they felt like family towards the end of the trip. Rayon, Johnny Walker, Dwayne, Jaime, Omight, Tracy, Sharica, Hassan, Javon, Miss Kerri Ann, Simone, Courtney, Clyde, Miss Tamara, Tatiyana and any names that I have missed really made the vacation so special for everyone. We could not have dreamed of a better group of people to help us during the trip. They even made sure that everyone was OK when we decided to go dancing one night. The really took care of us and made the entire trip all the more memorable.
The food and drinks were so delicious. The lobster was incredible and the curry goat was definitely a favorite for me. No matter what time of day I could just swim up to the pool bar and order anything from the menu and I knew it would be amazing.
The property was so beautiful with colorful flowers that attracted butterflies, flowing rivers lined with stones and coral, coconut trees, and even a cactus patch. The restaurant next to the cliffs, Annie’s, had the best view, with a big almond tree that we would sit under at breakfast and watch the water. We also collected some almonds from the tree and the staff even broke them open for us. There was a nice massage hut tucked away in the scenery and I would definitely suggest making an appointment with Courtney. It was such a nice place to just walk around. They also had a croquet set and a bean bag toss game on the grounds to use. The sports bar also had a wii and a pool table.
I could say some much more on how fantastic this hotel is. Overall the trip was just absolutely amazing and I would recommend Moon Dance Cliffs to anyone thinking of traveling to Negril for a wedding or just for vacation.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank LeeLafferty
Copiague, New York
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I don't know where to start. My husband and I had the pleasure of attending the wedding of two very important people in our lives. When we first arrived at MDC I was completely overwhelmed. My husband and I travel often and this was one of the most beautiful resorts that we had ever visited. Upon arrival the staff was waiting for us with their signature Rum Punch to get the party started. The check-in was quick and we were even given a cell phone to call back home to let our family know that we had arrived safely. Our room was beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable. From the moment we hit the grounds the staff made us feel like we owned the place. Titanya was the first to show us around and get us acquainted with the resort. She was amazing from day one. Rayvon at the Pool bar became our best friend. Johnny Walker, Douglas, Omight, and Jamie were the best. Jamie's signature drink was The Best Ever!
There were 65 of us there for the wedding. One of the most amazing things to me that was that the staff knew each one of us by name. We had booked every room and villa in the resort and that made the experience even more special.
Being the adventurers that we are, diving from the Cliffs with Jovan was awesome. We made sure that even the people who could not swim got the experience of jumping off the smaller cliffs and he was right there to make sure everyone was okay. He even took us snorkeling one day out in the ocean.
We stayed for eight days and on our last night there the housekeeping staff got wind of the fact that my husband and I had just celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary the week before we got there. When we arrived at our room that night they had decorated our floor and our bed with flowers and swans and a happy anniversary message. I was blown away.
This trip was amazing and I just want to say thank you to Simone, Jodi, Corretto and Kerriann for all of their help.

If you are contemplating a trip to Negril, Look no further than Moondance Cliffs!! We have already made plans to return.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the first floor if possible. The walkout from your patio to the grounds is ama...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank TANYA W
Lynchburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I went to my nephew's wedding. When we arrived at the airport, someone was waiting to take us to the hotel. When we arrived at the hotel the staff was waiting with cool refreshment. They took our bags and said if we needed anything to let them know. The entire staff and workforce was great. The room was large and very clean. The only improvement needed is a brighter light in the closet. Had a wonderful view. Everything was great.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family