2,868 results
All reviews wobbly peacock beach butler le papillon royal grill east beach terrace restaurant french restaurant peter fraser french balcony arnold nugent butler service lobster blt rose water our honeymoon east wing the general manager jamaican night
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. It was the perfect getaway for us. The resort is small with just over 70 rooms. The ride from Montego Bay airport is about 2 hours along the coast. Check in was smooth and we were taken right to our room. We were in room 101 which has a balcony facing the pool and sea and large sliding glass doors overlooking the east beach. The room was clean and very spacious.

There are 3 restaurants on the property and you have the option of going (via shuttle) to the larger Sandals resort next door. The food was great.

There is a small pool and hot tub. There are 2 beaches- smoking and non smoking. Be warned, there are many steps (over 40) to get from the hotel to the beach. The bathrooms are about 30 steps up. There were ample lounge chairs for everyone. Cleon was our beach butler and he made the beach days enjoyable. At 10AM he arrived with a tray of mango mimosas and made sure we had all the drinks we needed throughout the day.

We spent one night at the larger resort. Omar the shuttle bus driver made the short drive fun. He had us laughing the entire time. We ate at Kimonos a hibachi restaurant that requires reservations. It was good- typical hibachi experience. We also went to the speakeasy on the hilltop. The singer was amazing- Big Momma. If she is singing while you’re there she’s a must see. Make sure you get the password to get in.

Finally, you get personal butlers to assist you during your stay. Our butlers Chadworth and Audell were amazing! They really made sure we were set and made our anniversary celebration special. They will make all your dinner reservations, help arrange tours, and they even found a guitar for my husband to rent during his stay! They will go out of their way to make your vacation memorable.

If you’re looking for an intimate place with a personal touch, I highly recommend this resort.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine15
Reviewed 9 December 2017

The overall service at the resort and in particular the butlers, is just incredible. The food was very good with a number of choices at this resort and the neighboring Sandals resort. The only reason this is not rated a 5 is the airport transfers. When we arrived we had to wait 40 minutes in a lounge with no food and then spent 90 minutes in a very old and very small car. Similar situation on the way back with added fear from the driving style. This does not fit with the exceptional service that is actually at the resort.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jon P
Reviewed 8 December 2017

firstly this is a lovely hotel in a great position,although the beaches are quite small compared to,say,negril, and,in november the sun doesnt shine on the front of the hotel at all.In fact,there,s very few places to get sun at all at this hotel after 4pm. The rooms are excellent with the notable exception of the bathroom which is very dated.The bath is not deep enough to cover even a small body and the fittings are very old and dont work well.For example after the first night ( when we only had luke warm water ) the lever to vary hot and cold water had to be hand held in place !! The advertising states 5 restaurants but omits to mention that one of these is deemed to be "room service"! It also say "all incusive " and whilst I accept that there is no shortage of food and drink,all excellent quality ( except the french restaurant which served us with unfresh scallops and a salad consisting of a few lettuce leaves )the service and range of food is excellent.HOWEVER lets see what all inclusive actually means.They proudly state that they have the only champagne and caviar bar in the caribbean,but dont mention that,firstly this has to be pre-ordered and secondly is NOT included and VERY expensive.Secondly,although I am a scuba diver the first dive they wanted me to pay a "nominal" ( their word,not mine ) fee of $100 !!!! Golf has a "mandatory "caddie fee etc etc etc. Flowers $200 for twelve.All massages etc are fee paying. So it may sound as though I,m complaining but the actual experience of the stay was excellent ,aided by the best staff of any hotel I,ve ever stayed at.They are all happy ,friendly and delightful. Finally, we had butler service.Again,our butlers were very professional and friendly,BUT.I,m perfectly capable of unpacking my own case and sorting out my own restaurant table ,so,for us we just didnt use them and would not consider butler service again.Entertainment every night also good.All in all a lovely hotel despite the above comment.

Room Tip: check the bathroom on check in
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank patbrownett
Reviewed 8 December 2017

We stayed at the royal plantation for a week and enjoyed a relaxing break, the staff and Butler were all very helpful, if you wanted to party you could visit the larger Sandals next door anytime as there was a shuttle bus running regularly.
Would we visit again? Yes I think we would.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

What a fabulous fabulous place to stay. The food is amazing, the drinks plentiful, in fact a couple of times I had to say no more please, the butlers and all staff are so friendly and attentive (they all clearly love working here as much as I enjoyed staying), the views are picture book perfect and its so peaceful. In summary it is a little bit of heaven on earth.

If you need constant entertainment, music, noisy conversation and to be one of the crowd go elsewhere, if you want to recharge, enjoy being with your partner, be an individual and made to feel you are the only people who are staying here then stop reading and book as the limited number of rooms, which I think is the biggest selling point and will ensure I come back means it gets booked up fast. Reading other reviews, I would agree that the bedrooms are a little tired, however I felt it added to the charm of the place.

Note to sandals - don’t ruin this gem by making it bigger.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple