My husband and I visited to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. It was the perfect getaway for us. The resort is small with just over 70 rooms. The ride from Montego Bay airport is about 2 hours along the coast. Check in was smooth and we were taken right to our room. We were in room 101 which has a balcony facing the pool and sea and large sliding glass doors overlooking the east beach. The room was clean and very spacious.
There are 3 restaurants on the property and you have the option of going (via shuttle) to the larger Sandals resort next door. The food was great.
There is a small pool and hot tub. There are 2 beaches- smoking and non smoking. Be warned, there are many steps (over 40) to get from the hotel to the beach. The bathrooms are about 30 steps up. There were ample lounge chairs for everyone. Cleon was our beach butler and he made the beach days enjoyable. At 10AM he arrived with a tray of mango mimosas and made sure we had all the drinks we needed throughout the day.
We spent one night at the larger resort. Omar the shuttle bus driver made the short drive fun. He had us laughing the entire time. We ate at Kimonos a hibachi restaurant that requires reservations. It was good- typical hibachi experience. We also went to the speakeasy on the hilltop. The singer was amazing- Big Momma. If she is singing while you’re there she’s a must see. Make sure you get the password to get in.
Finally, you get personal butlers to assist you during your stay. Our butlers Chadworth and Audell were amazing! They really made sure we were set and made our anniversary celebration special. They will make all your dinner reservations, help arrange tours, and they even found a guitar for my husband to rent during his stay! They will go out of their way to make your vacation memorable.
If you’re looking for an intimate place with a personal touch, I highly recommend this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios