2,841 results
All reviews wobbly peacock le papillon beach butler royal grill east beach french restaurant terrace restaurant peter fraser french balcony arnold nugent lobster blt butler service rose water our honeymoon east wing food and beverage manager the general manager
Reviewed 9 December 2017

The overall service at the resort and in particular the butlers, is just incredible. The food was very good with a number of choices at this resort and the neighboring Sandals resort. The only reason this is not rated a 5 is the airport transfers. When we arrived we had to wait 40 minutes in a lounge with no food and then spent 90 minutes in a very old and very small car. Similar situation on the way back with added fear from the driving style. This does not fit with the exceptional service that is actually at the resort.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jon P
Reviewed 8 December 2017

firstly this is a lovely hotel in a great position,although the beaches are quite small compared to,say,negril, and,in november the sun doesnt shine on the front of the hotel at all.In fact,there,s very few places to get sun at all at this hotel after 4pm. The rooms are excellent with the notable exception of the bathroom which is very dated.The bath is not deep enough to cover even a small body and the fittings are very old and dont work well.For example after the first night ( when we only had luke warm water ) the lever to vary hot and cold water had to be hand held in place !! The advertising states 5 restaurants but omits to mention that one of these is deemed to be "room service"! It also say "all incusive " and whilst I accept that there is no shortage of food and drink,all excellent quality ( except the french restaurant which served us with unfresh scallops and a salad consisting of a few lettuce leaves )the service and range of food is excellent.HOWEVER lets see what all inclusive actually means.They proudly state that they have the only champagne and caviar bar in the caribbean,but dont mention that,firstly this has to be pre-ordered and secondly is NOT included and VERY expensive.Secondly,although I am a scuba diver the first dive they wanted me to pay a "nominal" ( their word,not mine ) fee of $100 !!!! Golf has a "mandatory "caddie fee etc etc etc. Flowers $200 for twelve.All massages etc are fee paying. So it may sound as though I,m complaining but the actual experience of the stay was excellent ,aided by the best staff of any hotel I,ve ever stayed at.They are all happy ,friendly and delightful. Finally, we had butler service.Again,our butlers were very professional and friendly,BUT.I,m perfectly capable of unpacking my own case and sorting out my own restaurant table ,so,for us we just didnt use them and would not consider butler service again.Entertainment every night also good.All in all a lovely hotel despite the above comment.

Room Tip: check the bathroom on check in
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank patbrownett
Reviewed 8 December 2017

We stayed at the royal plantation for a week and enjoyed a relaxing break, the staff and Butler were all very helpful, if you wanted to party you could visit the larger Sandals next door anytime as there was a shuttle bus running regularly.
Would we visit again? Yes I think we would.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

What a fabulous fabulous place to stay. The food is amazing, the drinks plentiful, in fact a couple of times I had to say no more please, the butlers and all staff are so friendly and attentive (they all clearly love working here as much as I enjoyed staying), the views are picture book perfect and its so peaceful. In summary it is a little bit of heaven on earth.

If you need constant entertainment, music, noisy conversation and to be one of the crowd go elsewhere, if you want to recharge, enjoy being with your partner, be an individual and made to feel you are the only people who are staying here then stop reading and book as the limited number of rooms, which I think is the biggest selling point and will ensure I come back means it gets booked up fast. Reading other reviews, I would agree that the bedrooms are a little tired, however I felt it added to the charm of the place.

Note to sandals - don’t ruin this gem by making it bigger.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Louisa A
Reviewed 7 December 2017

If you have never stayed at an all inclusive resort, then you MUST. The Royal Plantation offers a quiet atmosphere, private butler and access to the Sandals Hilltop and Beach side. There are several benefits to staying at the Royal. It has very easy access to the restaurants. You see, the other two resorts cannot come onto the Royal property thus restaurants are never too full. Where by we had the opportunity to go "next door" any time we wanted. Fully stocked fridge and creative housekeepers. Our butlers were very nice. Although we did not use them much, they were always ready to assist. I almost found myself apologizing, to which Marvin said, with a grin, we should "step it up", a perfect response, as they really DO want to serve. Some things you might want to know. 1. They do not provide snorkeling equipment, you must go out with the guide (YES, it was great). 2. Activities usually end early most by 10 pm. As for games, there were croquet, table games and occasional bocce ball but that's it. They could add more team activities. It seemed everyone wanted to engage, just didn't have the opportunity. All the rooms have an amazing Sea view and you can open doors and hear the waves. The beach is small and divided into smoking and non smoking. Swings, hammocks and crystal clear waters. We really enjoyed swimming and then jumping into the cold plunge pool. The rebooking deals on resort are fabulous. I will address the excursions individually. Dunns River, Hooves horseback riding, Shopping, Blue hole, scuba diving, and Lovers catamaran. I will post more information on the adjacent resorts by their titles. AND.. Sandals Barbados here we come!!!! We are hooked and you will be as well.

Room Tip: All rooms are Sea views.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple