Our 5th trip to Sandals but our first to The Royal Plantation. Wow what a place, we arrived at Kingston Airport where our private transfer was waiting. we were whisked off within 10 minutes of arriving through baggage reclaim. Once we arrived at the Plantation we were greeted by Richard, one of our Butlers and shown to our room very quickly. When we arrived in the room the mini bar was pourly filled, a couple of requests to Richard and it was soon full.
We couldn't be bothered to go out on the first night, a bit tired and high winds outside so we ordered room service which arrived and was set up on the table within 20 minutes!
Hurricane sandy arrived and all the staff worked their socks off to keep the place running, Peter Frazer and the team well done! We even went to the welcome back dinner which is served in the conference room a long way from the kitchen and the stafff carried the the food across in some pity "poor" conditons.
Two days after the hurricane you would struggle to know one had been through, again the staff worked so hard whilst been extremely friendly and helpful, some of these staff suffered damage to their own houses but still came in to work to keep all the guests happy.
The food is exceptional, however service can be a little slow at times but I put this down to them thinking you are on holiday and don't want to be rushed, a little nudge sorts it out though.
Romane one of the waiters in the main resturant is outstanding!
Will definately go back.
One thing I would change, shouldn't a 5 star "Ultra All Inclusive" resort include free wi-fi? $43 a week is more than I pay a month at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hooroo Pty Ltd, Evoline ltd, lastminute.com.au and Booking.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios