2,843 results
All reviews wobbly peacock le papillon beach butler royal grill east beach french restaurant terrace restaurant peter fraser french balcony arnold nugent lobster blt butler service rose water our honeymoon east wing food and beverage manager the general manager
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We have been there in this Time, but we Feel us Save.
Mr. Frater and his Team done a very Good Job,
Next Day we Could go to the Beach.
Our Butlers have done all for us,
We will Return next year,
We have had the Gen. Suite on the third floor West Wing
The Guys in the Hotel do a very Good Job,
Eveving in the Bar great

2  Thank Uwe H
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Don't let the Sandals name fool you - this is a luxurious, relaxing place. I was concerned because we wanted a quiet, romantic honeymoon and the Royal Plantation was just that. The staff was wonderful. Audell, our butler, anticipated our every want. We stayed in the honeymoon suite and it was perfect. I think that we had the largest balcony in the hotel. We had breakfast delivered to our balcony almost every morning. The food was phenomenal. I actually liked the food at the regular restaurant better than the food at the special French restaurant. I would love to return and stay in the same room because of the balcony and lovely tub.

Room Tip: Depends on your preferences, but the honeymoon suite has the largest balcony! I preferred the west side of the hotel because that beach was better and had the bar :)
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KC N
Reviewed 3 November 2012

We stayed at the Royal plantation just the week before Hurricane Sandy for our 25th wedding anniversary (Oct 17-25). Sandals was really great and allowed us to stay one extra night as the airports were closed. They helped us rebook our flights out for Thursday. We didn't have to worry at all.
We stayed in the Royal One Bedroom Estate on the second floor of the east side. This room has a balcony. Well worth getting as you can eat breakfast on the balcony and yet have the doors shut to keep the humidity out of the room.
This resort was just what we were looking for. We just wanted to lay out on the beach, eat wonderful food, and listen to great music. RP supplied that and more. I want to say kudos to Jermaine and Marvin, our butlers. To Marvin for supplying us with all those towels as the hurricane's rain leaked through the windows, and to Jermaine for taking such good care of us, decorating the room for my husband's birthday. Also to Richard for keeping us intertained on the east beach. All the employees were just great, sticking with us through the storm, even though they had families of their own to worry about.
As noted in other posts, the food is exceptional. You need to try Papillon at least once and ask for the chocolate pudding. Wow. Jamaica night is also worth attending (on the Terrace). The jerk chicken is wonderful.
Small note on the hurricane. I give praise to Peter Fraser for keeping everyone posted on what was going on and how to stay safe. As we left early the day after the storm, they were already hard at work cleaning up.
Small things to consider, electrical outlets are few in the rooms, so you might want to bring a small multi outlet if you need to power up ebooks, ipods, phones, etc. The hairdryer that is supplied isn't all that powerful. I packed my travel one, and it was stronger. Also, the Red Lane supplies a cream that is better than your usual aloe for sunburns. Well worth purchasing. The store at the resort next door is slightly larger and offers more merchandise. You can have your butler call the shuttle to take you over and pick you up.

Room Tip: A room with a balcony allows you to enjoy the beach views with the doors closed.
2  Thank Tobieone
Reviewed 2 November 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Sandals Royal Plantation. We arrived one day prior to Sandy's visit. We commend Peter Fraser and his staff for always keeping their guest informed, safe and comfortable. We were so impressed how quickly they cleaned, groomed and worked to restore most of the property so their guest could enjoy the rest of their vacation. Although we were not able to have our private candlelight dinner on the pier or in the garden, our Butlers, Neil and Kenroy had made arrangements for a beautiful dinner on the terrace and our server was a true gentleman. From the time you arrive at the airport, to the the time you leave, you are treated like royality. If you want to relax, eat great food and be pampered while being treated like family, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, some with sitting balconies. Higher floors have better views
2  Thank KellieS111
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2012

Thank you so much for your review of Sandals Royal Plantation. We're so honored to have shared this wonderful milestone with you. We're happy that you were able to have such an amazing stay with us and experience our luxurious amenities as well as the genuine hospitality of our staff, especially our butlers.

We hope to welcome you back again for an even better experience.

Cassie C.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

My husband took me to Royal Plantation in July for our honeymoon. We had an incredible time and were blown away by this resort. The staff went above and beyond. We did splurge and stay in the nicest room on the property (Governor's Suite) which was worth it for a special occasion such as this. We ate breakfast in our room most mornings, enjoying the balconies and ocean views. My mouth still waters to think about the delicious food we had. Most memorable was the bananas foster dessert we enjoyed. Still our favorite dessert ever! I would not recommend doing activities that involve going over to the neighboring Sandals resort. Since the RP is small and quiet we were overwhelmed on our "booze cruise" to Dunn's River Falls with the other resort. Enjoy this resort and relax here. We have recommended this resort to two other couples that loved their honeymoon here as well.

Room Tip: Governor's Suite!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple