“Christmas Vacation at L'Horizon with Family”
other travellers have booked this property
Master Bedroom
Master Bathroom
Panoramic
Kitchen
Beach view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
justbeadi...
Lake Placid,ny
“Choose another villa till things are repaired”
Reviewed 30 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

I want to first say I have traveled extensively and stayed in many high end villas. This being said I booked L Horizon, all inclusive thru Homeaway and dealt directly with the owner, Barrington .This was a birthday celebration for my 60th and my twin daughter's 30th. We all invited our closest friends to have a party of 15. I was thrilled to not have to deal with anything but meet with the cook and plan our meals for the 8 days of our stay. Barrington had sent me a list of specialty dishes she could prepare, which all sounded delicious!
I really don't know where to start because the saying NO PROBLEM is a myth at L Horizon. Frist problem was air conditioners in 3 of the 7 bedrooms did not work. This would not have been such a big deal if we could open our windows, but next to the villa was on open burn going on each night and the smoke and smell was horrible. After 4 days( half of our vacation) the AC was fixed and working.
I did ask to sit down with the cook with the printed offers I was sent to discuss our meals and she said she had never seen this before! I said we would love a lot of fresh vegetable's and fruit, light on the carbs and spicy is great for our meats. NO PROBLEM!
Problem.... The fridge was empty. The freezer was empty. I took pictures and sent them to the owner. We were served nice breakfasts most days, until she really had nothing. White bread, lettuce, tomato and American chees sandwhiches each day for lunch. One day there was no coffee/ no milk and every dinner rice was served! WE ENDED UP EACH DAY AT THE BEACH BAR/RESTURANT PAYING FOR OUR FOOD!!! PROBLEM!

ICE MAKER, BROKEN
OVEN, BROKEN
FRIDGE FOR OUR DRINKS, BROKEN
POOL, CLOUDY NEEDS TO BE SHOCKED
HAIR DRYERS, BROKEN
SOUND SYSTEM FOR POOL, NOT AVAILABLE OR WAS BROKEN
TENNIS COURT. NOT STANARD SIZE, COULD ONLY PLAY SINGLES AND NO FULL SWINGS
This was a very special vacation for my family and it was ruined by having to deal with issues EVERYDAY. I now need a vacation!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Longview, Texas
Reviewed 22 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: We liked it all.
Liked least: Wish the house was right on the beach.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Birmingham
Reviewed 1 October 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Blest01
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Wow – From Start to Finish!”
Reviewed 6 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012

The 5 star treatment started in the air conditioned vehicle that picked us up from the airport, with a cooler filled with much needed liquid refreshments! When we pulled up outside the villa, we realised that the pictures didn't do it justice-the villa was stunning and that continued to the inside.
We were greeted at the door by the wonderful staff, whose smiles and warm greetings made us feel at home straight away. The villa was furnished beautifully to a first class standard which the housekeeping staff kept immaculate.We were cooked delicious meals every day by the chef which was no easy task for a group of 18. However, the gym and the pool helped us to work off the extra calories! The driver drove us everywhere always with a smile no matter how many times he had to make the same journey on the same day.
From our initial enquiry through to the end of our holiday, Barrington the owner, delivered the highest level of service. Nothing was too much trouble for him. He was always available to answer our queries.
We had a fantastic time in Jamaica staying at L’Horizon and there were a lot of tears when we left. We had a holiday that we will never forget and would recommend it to everyone.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Friendly staff and the beautiful accommodation
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
S B
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Our home from home!”
Reviewed 4 September 2012 for a stay in July 2012

My time at L’Horizon is ranked as one of the best accommodation I have had the good fortune to stay in.

As a regular traveller to Jamaica, I have stayed in a variety of hotels, apartments and villas. But nowhere, in my opinion, was the welcome as warm or the accommodation as splendid as L’Horizon.

Before we even left home, our interaction with the owner reassured us that we had made the right choice of accommodation. He was extremely pleasant and willingly to answer any questions we had.

From our first welcome until we said our tear filled goodbye, the staff at L’Horizon were wonderful. Nothing was too much for them. We were treated to mouth-watering meals by the chef and immaculately kept rooms and grounds by the housekeeping staff. Our driver couldn’t do enough for us and took us wherever we wanted to go day or night.

We were staying in a tastefully decorated apartment a few weeks before we went to L’Horizon. But we regretted not spending the whole of our holiday at L’Horizon as we were treated like royalty. Being in such an impressive accommodation further enhanced our overall experience of beautiful Jamaica.

Without doubt, we will be returning to Jamaica and the only place we will be staying is at L’Horizon. Once visited, never forgotten.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Excellent accommodation and wonderful staff
Liked least: Having to leave!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing