“Great time”

Chrisanns Beach Resort
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Reviewed 5 October 2014

Spent a week a Dulcia's apartment #9 this summer with my girlfriend. First off, Dulcia was a pleasure to deal with all the way through. We loved the location, right by Ocho Rios, but just to the side so as to be nice and quiet. Very safe. Reggae Beach is also right next door, which we hit most days. Nice beach, and very quiet if no cruise ship.
We rented a car and toured around a bit, which made the experience ever more enjoyable.
Apartment was nice and clean, great balcony to have dinners on. Fantastic spot, we'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Screenname420

Reviewed 3 September 2014

I really enjoyed my stay.. The place was perfect, nice breezes, beautiful pool. The staff was beyond helpful and especially the cleaning and security people. They more than willing to help you. The security person went into town with me to find the bank to exchange my travelers cheques.. Waited up all nite to help me navigate in my car to find the building.

The lodging space was perfect in size, clean and couldn't ask for better services. I am very ecstatic with my stay and would stay there again and probably will.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bigdawg2011tim
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Dear Dulcia

Thank you so very much for making our 15th wedding anniversary a very special one for my husband and me.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Thank you for all the little extra personal touches. The breakfast at Glenn’s was fantastic.

We are taking the rum cake you gave us back home to share a piece of Jamaica with family. I see why your apt. was voted best stay in Ocho Rios.

Tamara and Jason

Trinidad and Tobago

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tamara A
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My husband and I stayed for a week in June. The resort and room were immaculate. Dulcia is the MOST responsive property owner I have worked with in years of using VRBO. She arranged for pick up from the airport by Christie, who we really enjoyed meeting. He gave us great advise, took us for several excursions during the week, and got us safely back to the airport for our return home. We had wonderful daily maid service by Charmaine and Jennifer. George, the groundskeeper was constantly working on the beautiful gardens and keeping the refreshing pool spotless.
We had read on other reviews about having Charmaine cook an authentic Jamaican meal while visiting. It was more than delicious and Gary and I were very happy we arranged this treat with her. We enjoyed meals at Glenn's and especially loved our service there. We also ate at the open air Jerk restaurant just down the street. DELICIOUS! I loved trying Roti in different ways and plantains became one of my new favorites while in Jamaica. One of the highlights of our dining experience was going to Toscanini's Restaurant. It is a very short walk from the resort and is in a beautiful open air setting. There was classical music playing, white lights in the trees, an out door bar with a gracious bartender, and an unbelievable menu hand written on chalk board easels brought to your table. The food was fabulous and the owner/chef came to our table to personally check on our experience.
We swam daily in the sea pool and enjoyed snorkeling. My husband saw a small octopus on our last day in the deeper area near the rocks. We loved sitting under the swaying palms, reading and relaxing. I also loved going out to the gazebo every evening to watch the sunset.
I would definitely return to Chrisann's and would love to work with Dulcia again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank myrtlebeth
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We are finishing up a 10 day stay at #9 Paradise Suite. From our initial contact with Dulcia we have felt loved and cared for. Not only has this apt become home away from home for us, but we have come to love the people here. Charmaine & Jennifer have kept our place neat everyday while leaving beautiful towel sculptures and fresh flowers for us to enjoy. Louis who is the daytime security watched out for us giving us great taxi advice and always making sure we weren't taken advantage of. He hooked us up with Dr. Bell who is an exceptional taxi driver. His car is clean and air conditioned. His driving is safe, fares reasonable, and he will take you to some places off the tourist path if you wish. We quickly found "our spot" under the palms trees and spent a lot of time there reading, napping & talking in between swimming in the ocean cove or in the swimming pool. We have visited local attractions but to be honest, we have found it so beautiful & peaceful here that we have to make ourselves venture out. Dulcia has made sure that you have everything that you need at the apt. It is the perfect size, comfortable, beautifully decorated and truly has a heavenly bed. There is even a Scrabble game which enjoyed when we needed a break from the sun. The location is perfect and we always felt safe. We came as hot, sweaty, exhausted Americans, but soon we will leave refreshed and invigorated Jamericans. While this is a beautiful place, the hardest thing will be to leave the people we have grown to know and love. Come stay here and you will understand.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple