Couples Tower Isle
USD 145
Reggae Hostel Ocho Rios(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
USD 59
USD 48
  • Bar/Lounge
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
USD 139
USD 135
Hotwire.com
The Blue House Boutique Bed & Breakfast(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
USD 176
Official Site
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
USD 98
USD 95
Kaz Kreol Beach Lodge(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
USD 114
USD 95
Travelocity
The Lion House Jamaica(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
USD 55
USD 315
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
USD 454
USD 426
Moon Palace Jamaica(Ocho Rios)
USD 641
USD 460
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 516/night.

3,335 results
All reviewseight riversveggie barcatamaran cruisepiano barpool grillpatio restaurantnude islandprivate islandswim up barnatural islandwater sportshorseback ridingdunn's river fallsincluded excursionsglass bottom boatour honeymoonscuba diving
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely resort in many aspects. The restaurants and bars are fantastic, especially Eight Rivers and Bayside. We liked the main bar and swim up bar and their staff were always asking if we needed anything. The people are what makes this a friendly, happy place to be. I love the private feel of the resort and the bay is beautiful. We enjoyed seeing the coastline, nearby houses, and the coral reefs on the glass bottom boat tour. I would have rated this resort 5 stars, no question, except for one big issue we had with our one bedroom suite. We contacted the front desk mid-way through our stay to request help with the roaches in the room. They appeared every night in the bathroom. I also killed a rather large one in the closet and another by the bed. We took all of our stuff out of the bathroom after we found two of them crawling on our belongings on the vanity. The situation made it difficult to relax in the room. Front desk staff had the room sprayed 3 times to no avail. At our 3rd request for help with the bugs, we asked to speak with management. By that time, we only had one more day of our week left. Management explained the challenges, apologized, and gave us a spa credit. A room change was offered for our last night, but we were not at all confident that another room would have been better. We are very patient and we do understand Jamaica is tropical and we know tropical areas have bugs. However, we have never before experienced a visible bug issue in the room at any other resort in tropical areas, including other Couples resorts. While we really enjoyed the resort otherwise, the roach issue will keep us from returning here. We had to be extra careful about bringing our belongings home. It was really disheartening and disappointing.

1  Thank Grace P
Abraham I, COO at Couples Tower Isle, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Dear Grace P,

Thank you for staying with us. It was unfortunate to hear about the issue that affected your stay. Management is inspecting the room you were given. Sincere apologies.

Kind Regards,
Abe Issa

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Firstly, photo's online, in the brochures etc do not do this place justice. It looks fantastic but in reality it is breathtaking. Not one day went by where the views from this place didn't make me think 'wow'. I will break down my review into catagories.
Staff: The most polite, well mannered, happy, friendly people I have ever encountered. All so proffesional and helpful. They will greet you at every passing and make sure you are well looked after.

Food and drinks: One of the things me and my husband struggle with liking at most hotels. This place was most certainly an exeption. The breakfast, loads to choose from. Whether you want just a smoothie, some fruit or a bowl of cereal or even a chicken stew, cake or fish theyve got it covered!
The burgers and patties at the pool grill during the day are beautiful. I ate my weight in them! They also have Jerk chicken, nacho's, ice creams and drinks available whenever you want.
Over your stay you get to book the 'eight rivers' restaurant and the 'bayside' restaurant. These and the verranda (which you do not need to book) are 5 course, high quality meals. I am a very picky eater and they managed to keep me happy the entire stay. Absolutely beautiful!
The staff always make sure you are hydrated, they are walking around with a jug of water and as soon as you hit half way they are there re-filling it.
The bar I noticed, has all the labelled, quality spirits which is great. The cocktail menu is very large and I must say, absolutely amazing!

Rooms: We stayed in a standard garden room. We requested a quite room and that it certainly was! The entertainment was never once heard from the room and we slept through the night with no disruption.
Mini bar is great, personalise your own each day for no extra charge.
The beds were very large and comfortable. You have a safe, iron and bourd and large closet to keep your things. The hairdryer in the bathroom is great so no need to bring one with you.

Activities: So many watersports! Pedalo's, canoes, glass bottom boat, snorkling, scuba diving, catamaran, the list is endless. All of it is free. The only thing that will cost you is if you want to train to be an instructor! We didnt do many of the daytime ones but the board was always full of things to do.
Two pools, one with a bar in it. One with a bar and grill next to it. Every thing you could want!

Overall, we had an absolutely brilliant time and would/have recommended to everyone we know! Me and my Husband would very much like to thank all at Couple's Tower Isle for helping to make our honeymoon the best possible experience.

Stayed: April 2018
5  Thank steviexx
CouplesSocialMgr, Social Media at Couples Tower Isle, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

steviexx,

Congratulations and thank you for spending your honeymoon with us.

We are delighted that you had such a great time with us and can't wait to welcome you back to share and create more wonderful memories with us.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

If you are expecting a vast resort with a dozen restaurants, expansive beaches, and facilities designed for several thousand guests, this is not your spot. If, on the other hand, you want to relax with your loved one, dine in casual elegance, and share romantic moments with the one you love, this is absolutely the place for you.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Sssshhhhhhh

Sssshhhhhhh,

It was our pleasure to have hosted you for the 3 R's and we hope to welcome you back again soon for more R's.

Stress. I had it.

Work. Family. Money. Etc.

One day is all it took for me to relax and feel my spirit return. The thing that separates this resort from others is the people, the food and the vibe. They are attentive to your needs. They remember and anticipate what you prefer and like. And they allow you to just chill and re energize. No stress. No up sales. Just friendly and respectful.

And this island and the ocean here has a vibe, a feeling, an energy that is hard to describe. But it re energized both of us .

I think I might have even seen a few of my gray hairs turn back to blond!

3  Thank North_of_You

North_of_You,

We are kown to be the "fountain of youth" so we are delighted that you experienced it.

Couples Resorts is appreciative of your feedback and looks forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent 7 nights at CTI. This was our first visit to CTI after a wonderful experience at Couples Negril. We enjoy traveling and typically vacation 3-4 times a year. Jamaica is hands-down our favorite location in the Caribbean. We love the kind people of Jamaica and the reassurance of vacationing in a place where we feel safe.

Things We Loved...

The highlight of our visit was our spectacular room. We loved our giant bathroom, full-size bathtub, walk-in closet and breathtaking views. We typically like an oceanfront/main-floor room when traveling, but the views from floor 4 in building 3 proved to be wonderful. We enjoy feeling pampered on vacation and this room far exceeded our needs and expectations.

Confession, we ate like animals and definitely enjoyed the food at this resort. For an all-inclusive, CTI offers fantastic dining experiences and wonderful food. The waitstaff is good, especially at Bayside and 8 Rivers. We had 2 lovely experiences at Bayside. I especially loved dining under a star-filled sky and the symphony of tree frogs. We had 3 equally wonderful experiences at Bayside. We were wowed by both the staff and the delicious food. The returners dinner was also a highlight. We felt very welcomed and at ease. We did not mind the dress code for the reservations restaurants as it added to the romantic setting. But it may be helpful to know that they enforce the dress code so plan/pack accordingly.

The rooftop martini bar was a nice touch. We liked the classic martini the best and felt the setting was a lovely spot to relax before dinner. We also had fun ordering drinks on the beach served in coconuts. The beach cocktail service was fantastic.

Many of the resort guests are loyal to the Couples brand and have visited this location numerous times. The resort "regulars" were very kind and provided helpful tips that made our stay more enjoyable. I would encourage spending time chatting and getting to know the regulars. They create an unmistakable feeling of community among all the guests.

The beach at CTI is different from CN. Although I prefer the calm clear waters at CN, I did enjoy listening to the crashing waves at CTI. The waves/wind made water activities at CTI difficult due to my issues with sea sickness. However we liked seeing the schools of fish swimming near the beach. We also came across 2 star fish. The beach area is much smaller and more compact than CN but finding an open chair was never a problem. We picked a "less windy" day to ride this catamaran and it still resulted in several days of motion sickness and sea-legs for me. I would encourage everyone to plan ahead and pack sea bands & meclazine if you want to enjoy water sports at this location.

We loved the excursion to Dunn's River. Our shuttle driver was amazing. He had great tips and kept us all laughing. I checked the cruise scheduled online and picked a day that no cruise-ships would be in town. This made for a wonderful and crowd free experience. We left the resort around 9am and we were back on property by lunch. It was an amazing experience from start to finish.

We were very satisfied and impressed with our visit to the spa. My boyfriend got a wonderful message. I had my hair washed and french braided. We both felt relaxed and pampered. It might be a nice reminder for lady readers to plan for extra haircare due to the high-winds in Ocho Rios. I packed 2 deep conditioning treatments that helped tremendously but wished I had brought more conditioner and a bottle of detangler.

Things we did not Love...

Personally we found the taste of the drinking water to be a BIG bummer. The water at CTI was slightly unpleasant for our taste and there is no bottled water available on the resort. The water filling stations were tricky to track down. I understand that there is a recycling concern here. Personally I would have happily traded all the cans of beer, and plastic bottles of soda in our mini-bar for a few bottles of water. Tip for my fellow water lovers: I could have alleviated this hiccup by stocking up on bottled water when our airport shuttle stopped for a potty break at the connivence store.

The WiFi was a headache. If you stay in building 3, I would prepare yourself to have limited service. You may be able to jump on the network but you will quickly be disconnected. We enjoy posting photos, listening to music or watching netflix in our room. The WiFi made this impossible. Streaming music to my headphones was also difficult on the beach. I was very thankful that I had downloaded an audible book prior to the trip. By the conclusion of our stay, I had listened to the book on repeat several times and wished I had downloaded more content. Some guests said they had better luck with the WiFi in other areas of the property.

Our stay began with an unfortunate and strange situation. I don't feel it is fair to post full detail as it pertains to assumption and not proven fact. However we were left in a predicament on day 1 and staff & management ate up hours of our time talking in circles and offering false information. This dragged on for days and not one staff member took it upon themselves to fully communicate the situation as we got pushed from one confused person to the next. It was a minor situation made worse by turing to staff for help. The inconsistent Wifi and spotty cell service made finding a resolution independently very difficult. The situation resulted in many nights of sleep difficulties for me. I was also bummed to discover that the gift shop does not carry any sleep aid medication.

Although many of the staff members around the resort were pleasant and friendly, there are a great deal of staff members that are not very knowledgeable. I struggled to get consistent answers from one person to the next. I often wondered if some staff were new to the company or perhaps lacked training. Again I want to clarify that we witnessed staff that were extremely kind and sweet, especially in the restaurants, bars and on the beach. However, I did noticed staff using cell phones while interacting with guests. I thought it was especially weird when an employee knocked on our door to ask a question. I was mid-sentence when he picked up a cell phone and motioned for me to wait a minute. This was my 3rd experience like this and I felt the cell phones were a distraction.

The nightlife here is calm. That took some getting used to but it wasn't a deal breaker. It was a little annoying that the swim-up bar did not consistently have music playing. The music would play for a few minutes and then cut to silence for long periods. We defiantly enjoyed the relaxation of CTI but it would have been nice to have one area with a vibe of energy. We really missed that daily does of poolside energy we felt at CN.

Overall we feel this resort is a good value and we enjoyed our amazing room and the beautiful view. According to our scale we also really enjoyed the food. The Couples resort chains offer a lot for your money and they show appreciation to loyal guests.
We love Jamaica but would likely return to another area of the island.

5  Thank caseyleigh143

caseyleigh143,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us, which we appreciate.

We are sorry that you had some issues whilst with us but hope that they were resolved.

Management has been advised of your concerns regarding staff excessive use of cell phone so we will be monitoring that issue.

Couples Resorts thanks you again for your feedback and look forward to hosting you again soon.