3,470 results
All reviews eight rivers veggie bar catamaran cruise piano bar pool grill patio restaurant nude island natural island private island swim up bar water sports horseback riding dunn's river falls included excursions glass bottom boat our honeymoon scuba diving
Reviewed 21 February 2018

My husband and I visited Jamaica in February 2017 and stayed at a different all-inclusive resort in Runaway Bay. Hands down, Couples Tower Isle-Ochos Rios has them beat!! Couples you are our new go-to resort!!

We opted for the Oasis Spa Villa for our accommodations and couldn't have been more pleased with our choice; guaranteed the best money we could have spent.

With our stay in the Oasis Spa Villa we were given the choice of unlimited spa treatments and we chose to schedule these every morning and could have scheduled many more appointments if we wanted. I was able to contact Stacian, the Spa/Salon Receptionist, in advance of our trip and she allowed me to schedule any appointments that seemed fitting at the time. We were allowed to add to these appointments at any time. The spa staff is knowledgeable, courteous, and very well-mannered. There is a beautiful plunge pool and male/female hot tubs located in the spa area as well. My spa therapist, Latoya, was there every day with a beautiful smile to provide me the service of my choice. I never felt uncomfortable with her, no matter the service she was providing. I highly recommend her!! Also, don't miss out on the fresh smoothie bar and specially chosen flavored waters each day.

Now back to the Oasis Spa Villa....you just wouldn't believe that such a place exists until you actually experience it. I had seen the photos and watched the YouTube video tours, but nothing prepares you for the experience you will receive if you stay in one of these villas. Secluded at the back of the resort in a beautifully maintained garden area, you enter your private entryway onto a patio area surrounded in lush garden, a lily pond, and a plunge pool. Do not fret, there is a DO NOT DISTURB sign for that entry gate!! There are double french doors entering the villa that has spacious floor space, very clean decor, and the most beautiful bathroom I have ever seen; open shower plan with double shower heads and a vanity that stretches from 1 corner to the next!! The doorbell is a charm, so I won't ruin that for you. Housekeeping, room service, gardening services, and patio services were hands-down the best ever! Everyone seemed to coordinate perfectly with our schedule and when we would return to the villa each time we would enter a clean and stocked room. Turn-down service was never overlooked either. My only recommendation is to take a pair of ear plugs if you are staying in the villa, as you are backed up to the main road and there is some background noise. The noise seems to soften as the night progresses. I can say without a doubt it did not hinder my sleep pattern nor rest for the duration of our stay.

The restaurants are plentiful and the food is delicious. You can choose to dress casual and eat at the buffet or dress your best and make reservations for the 2 reservation-only restaurants. I suggest you partake in every meal available at least one time. Burgers, fries, and nachos by the pool or Ceasar salads in your room. Don't overlook the Piano Bar and take a look at the photos surrounding you of all the famous names that have visited Tower Isle. A huge thank you Dalton, Sales & Guest Services Team Leader, for making advance dinner reservations for me and my husband. Also, thank you for offering advanced excursion reservations!!

The Tower Isle - I think most of us visiting the Caribbean have the desire to explore and be a little more adventurous than usual; I know me and my husband are!! The island is a nude-only island and clothing is not allowed. Let me be very clear when I say there is nothing to be afraid, bashful, or ashamed about. We met some of our best friends by visiting the island at every opportunity we had during our visit. This is the most comfortable and respectable atmosphere and you will not regret having visited; you will only regret not visiting. Bar, food, restrooms all available on the island. Do not get discouraged if the weather doesn't permit you to visit everyday; you will have plenty of time to explore the island during your stay.

Don't miss out on this resort opportunity. Couples truly is a resort that yearns to please you. Everything from the airport Couples lounge, the transportation from and back to the airport, the check-in upon arrival, to the check-out at your leave is phenomenal.

The staff in every area of this resort was hands-down the most courteous and helpful for our every need and want. My husband and I look so forward to our return trip to Couples Jamaica in 2019!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank Amy H
CouplesSocialMgr, Public Relations Manager at Couples Tower Isle, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Amy H,

It was indeed a pleasure to have hosted you recently and we are appreciative of your feedback.

We are delighted to know you had such a great time and we look forward to welcoming you back to your new "home" soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

My husband and I stayed at Couples Tower Isle for a week in January in an OceanView room. We absolutely loved it! The staff goes above and beyond to make sure you have everything that you want. Dean takes amazing care of the gardens! The resort feels very private unlike some other resorts we have visited - you never had to fight for a beach chair.
We enjoyed walking through the gardens and laying on the beach. Unfortunately, the au natural island was closed due to the ocean being too rough to boat over there. We are definitely coming back next year!
The food was amazing, too! Make sure to try the jerk burger at the pool grill. We ordered room service for breakfast on two different mornings. It was so nice to eat on our balcony with a beautiful view!
We also got a couples massage - I highly recommend it! We were SO relaxed for the rest of the day. It was really fun to meet new people at the pool bar and piano bar.
While we were visiting, the staff was making constant improvements (example: painting, fixing anything that was wrong). You can really tell that they strive to keep this resort in excellent condition. We will be back!

Room tip: Splurge for the ocean view room. Make sure you're on at least the second floor!
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jasmine S

Jasmine S,

It was a pleasure indeed to have hosted your recently and we are thrilled that you had such a fantastic week in paradise.

We look forward to welcome you back soon for more wonderful experiences.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

We have been visiting the Caribbean every February for the last 26 years. We have stayed at many resorts on many different islands, but this one is simply the best value for the money. The food is amazing whether you are eating in one of their top flight restaurants or at the buffet. Liquor is top shelf - no nameless or watered down drinks here. We were amazed that so much was included with your resort stay. Things we paid extra for at other resorts (Dunn River Falls tour, catamaran cruises, glass bottom boat, etc) were included with no extra charges. Golf was free (although the course required that you hired a caddy). Activities were varied and fun: craft classes, cooking classes, massage classes, etc were included. (There was a very small reasonable change for materials in some classes.) Evening activities were varied and fun: dinner on the beach, dance parties, martini parties, native dancers, etc. While the beach was smaller than some, there was ample shade for those who preferred it and three pools. I can't even think of anything negative to say other than you owe it to yourself and your sweetie to treat yourself to the best vacation you'll ever have!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank Bradybuddy

Bradybuddy,

Great to have had you with us and we are thrilled to know you had a wonderful vacation with us.

Couples Resorts looks forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Chose Couples Tower Island because wanted a child free hotel and found with adult only been invaded by noisy male/female groups and wanted to avoid this for my husbands special birthday. Only concern was age group with honeymooners and weddings but found it to be very mixed age group.
Location could not be bettered. Hotel had a very relaxed atmosphere and our room with sea view was adequate - a bit dated but bathroom was the worst (had read this on tripadvisor) and not a problem although we did share it with a "Usane Bolt cockroach" Took a week to catch it ourselves although we had mentioned it to reception.
Good choice pf Restaurants - Eight Rivers our favorate - Bayside lovely location Asian style - disappointed food was nearly cold and my bbq ribs tasteless - the lobster ruined with overpowering sauce. Verandah good food and enjoyed meal and no booking necessary but be prepared for wait for table if you eating between 7.30-9.00.Patio Buffet Restaurant excellent for breakfast - found lunchtime annoying always running out of items and very long wait most times for replacement - waited 25mins one way as I wanted the duck - evening the same especially on Mondays and Saturday when all other restaurants closed. Mondays Eight Rivers is open if you are a repeat customer!!!
Veggie Bar I hardly used but they make wraps etc veggie crisps. Poolside Snack bar food good apart from a toasted cheese sandwich for which we had to wait 30mins on a day we had an excursion booked and could taste no cheese. Only 2 people before us - normally not worried about wait.

English in minority (approx 65% USA) and obviously very much geared to them. I enjoy a nice cappuchino or latte .Asked for Irish Coffee - no suitable glassware - various drinks I like in hot climate like Pimms - a no no - I enjoy a Kir or Kir Royale - again a no. Apart from picky me most other drink available.
Overall an enjoyable holiday but not up to my expectations. Must praise staff who were excellent in most places.
The red flag system around the pool did not work most days - only 1 day in 7 -.
Main draw backs getting booked into restaurants and trips - did this day one - arrived Tuesday had to wait to Saturday for Catamaran trip - first day for Eight Rivers Friday - Bayside Saturday. You are only allowed to book once in each restaurant and had to wait until you had eaten there before you could book again. If you are only staying 1 week and Monday and Saturdays out no hope.

karkai077,

Please extend our belated birthday greetings to your husband and thank you for choosing to celebrate this moment with us.

We are happy to know that you had a great experience with us and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

We visited CTI for the 2nd time mid January on a last minute trip. The resort was just as nice as we remembered. Unfortunately the weather was awful during our stay and very rainy (no fault of the resort). We had red flag 3 of 4 days with no island access. We booked for 7 nights and ended up with a split stay with the sister resort Couples San Souci which was a great way to experience both resorts.

We were greeted by the wonderful Byron and shown to our Deluxe ocean view room, same as our last visit. We called for to have our bar stocked and this was taken care of quickly while we visited the grill for some food as it was late afternoon. The fish sandwich that I loved during our first visit was just as good.

The food was excellent. We ate at all of the restaurants and they were all high quality and delicious. The buffet was the best at breakfast with any dish you could possibly require. The mimosa bar is a great touch. We ordered room service for breakfast one day and it was good but took almost 1hour to arrive. The bars were well stocked and the drinks were mixed well with top shelf alcohol if you asked for a specific brand. Having the grill open for long hours and popcorn, nachos, and ice cream available all the time is such a good option. We attended the repeaters dinner at Eight Rivers and the preset menu was AMAZING. We were seated with the hotels GM and he provided great conversation.

The staff are friendly and hard working. No matter what their job title staff would go out of their way to be helpful and ask if they could assist. Just walking to our room the housekeeping staff would greet us and ask how our stay was. Fitzroy and Colin were great at helping to find a good beach chair for the day. All serving staff were very professional and attentive.

We did have a few small negatives that were not as issues during our last visit. We were provided with the Couples water bottles but the closest ice machine and water tap near our room were broken. The entertainment team was not as active as our last visit. When the weather was bad and the shuttle to the island was not running the small main beach was very crowded. The furniture in the rooms is starting to show its age and some pieces are due for an upgrade. The room bar service was good but they would remove the drinking glasses and not provide replacements.

Would we return? Absolutely! This is a solid smaller resort with an authentic Jamaican feel. The food and staff make this resort very memorable.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank dior17

dior17,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Your concerns have been noted and shared with Management for review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.