3,409 results
All reviews eight rivers veggie bar catamaran cruise piano bar pool grill patio restaurant nude island natural island private island premier ocean room swim up bar water sports dunn's river falls included excursions glass bottom boat our honeymoon scuba diving
Reviewed 17 June 2005

Upon arrival and throughout our stay we were treated like royalty!! The staff couldn't have been more helpful or friendly!! They were always singing and dancing and enjoying life! The views are amazing everywhere you look, from the gardens to the ocean. The food was excellent from the buffets to the five star restaurants! A different variety everyday. The bartenders are helpful and quick to serve you. The guest services and front desk staff will bend over backwards to accomadate you. The activities and entertainment are excellent and well organized. We met several wonderful couples and left with friends across the United States. Highly recommended, you will not regret a minute you spend at COR! We will be back very soon!

• Stayed: June 2005
11  Thank Excursion10086
Reviewed 17 June 2005

I have never written a review of this hotel before because I'm computer illiterate and realise that the internet can be a valuable source of information or a very dangerous source of bad information. There were two reviews of this hotel which just showed up on trip advisers which I believe are very misleading. We happen to be at the hotel this very minute in the second day of our 11 day vacation. This is our 46th visit to Couples Ocho Rios. We have been coming to this resort since 1982. So obviously we like the place. When people ask us why we keep coming back to the same hotel we always respond the same way. The staff couldn't be nicer, more friendly, or better trained. The all inclusive is really all inclusive. We just got back from attending a wedding of some young people we met at couples two years ago. It was in Las Vegas where if you don't gamble each drink was $10. That is quite a contrast with Couples.

The facility itself is situated on one of the prettiest pieces of beach you'll ever see. It's not big but it'd very special. We travel a lot and we are always comparing hotel setting with couples. the other places consistently come up as not quite as nice.

We came in on the bus trip with three other couples who were on there first trips here. They all indicated that they chose couples at least in part because they liked the comments and dialogue on the couples.com web site. this is typically guests who have been here responding to questions of people who might be interested in booking the hotel. We've seen them and they seem to be having a wonderful time. One of them is a travel agent and sells a lot of Couples but had never been here before. On the bus ride to the hotel my wife asked what kind of complaints they get about couples and she said "we don't get any". That tells you something.

Now in response to the comment Don't ever go to couples in Feb or Oct because you might run into the "Islanders". I can give you the whole story because it was my wife who thought that it would be fun on our 4th or 5th trip here back in 1987 that we should call the small group of friend we had met on the island (where you avoid tan lines) "The Islanders". End of story. We do make up T-shirts that have cute sayings on them like Couples our place in the sun. The group loosely described has gotten larger as more people ask when we are coming back and they end up coming back the next year. It's just a fun loving group who happen to like avoiding tan lines. By definition, we are all repeat guests. The special treatment is the same for all guests. In fact that's one of the best things we hear about the place when we are here. I can't tell you how many first time guests tell us "you've obviously been here before because you call the staff by name and they know your names but you know they treat us the same special way".

This is not to say that you can't have a bad time at couples. I guess it's possible but my wife tells everyone we meet that "If you have a bad time at couples it's your fault not theirs." The other thing we say is that"Coming back to couples for a couples vacation is a lot more fun and a lot cheaper that a marriage counseler" It seems to be working. We've been married for 37 years this Oct. when we will be back at couples!!!! "The Islanders" couples have on average been married for 20 years. They are all ages.

I'd recommend you give Couples a try. You'll love it and who knows you may meet other people that you get along well enough with that you'll want to meet them again at Couples. Like we did.......

24  Thank fhp
Reviewed 16 June 2005

This past May my wife & I celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary at Couple in Ocho Rios and here is my review:

Restaurants: Tough to pick a favorite of the three seated service ones(Bayside, Le Gourmet & Verandah) the food was excellent, service was excellent as well, only time we felt the service was a little slow was at Verandah, but we where with great company so it really didn’t matter. Calabash (Buffet) & Beach Grill where great as well, the Mrs like the breakfast buffet the best.

Excursions: We did Dunn’s River Falls, Catamaran cruise, Glass Bottom Boat. Dunn’s was great what an adventure, bring a water proof camera and water shoes. Catamaran cruise was very relaxing, got to meet some great people and see some different parts of Jamaica and the Glass Bottom Boat trip was very nice and educational.

Tower Island: What a great concept….on a Clothing Optional beach people have a choice on their state of undress and it may make some people un-comfortable if one person is naked and another is only topless but on Tower Island everyone is in their birthday suit. We met the greatest people out there and this was our 1st time in this state of undress, we spent a few hours out there each day and the people who joined us later that week kicked themselves they didn’t join us earlier in the week….So if you think you might want to head over to the Island DO IT!! And if you don’t like it the shuttle will get you in a few minutes.

One thing that is not on the activities list at Couples was me & Mrs where witness (best man & maid of honor) to the wedding of Shelby & James (I met via the Couples message board) who where married on the beach. It was an honor to be part of their special day and Couples staff did a great job in making it that way.

The Staff was great, they made sure you where having a good time and everything was in order. What a great group of hard working people they help make out vacation the best ever!!

If you are looking for a good time and a good bang for your hard earn buck Couples is the way to go.

I would highly recommend Couples for Honeymooners or any couple who is looking for that special place to share with that special someone.

Feel free to email me with any question.

• Stayed: May 2005
13  Thank TrailBlazer30662
Reviewed 14 June 2005

My wife and I visited COR during this past February and that was a MAJOR mistake.There was a group there that call themselves the ISLANDERS.They totally take over the island during the day and disrupt the resort at night.On the island they are very rude,LEWD and extremely loud.The alcohol has taken control of this wild pack.You would be arrested in the UK if you did these things out in public.

There is talk on the Couples message board about Couples investigating this group.For the sake of NICE guests this needs to be done.They need toning down.

We will visit COR again but not during their so called week.They visit each February and October..Trouble could happen unless this pack is broken up.

COR is really a wonderful resort that we highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2005
210  Thank Maps10161
Reviewed 8 June 2005

My husband and I were just at COR May 29-June 4,2005. First impression--WOW! Upon seeing our room--Stunning! We had been upgraded, for free, to an oceanview room. It was very quiet. We slept like a rock every night. The beauty of the hotel, the graciousness of the staff, the attention to every little detail that this place embodies...it is beyond anything we could have imagined beforehand. Of course, we had heard it all, particularly from the Couples MB where the diehards go to share experiences. All I can say is they are right on, and more! We were there celebrating our 20th anniversary and were treated like royalty. Champagne and snacks in the evening, turndown service every night. We were even treated to a free couples massage, due to a little snag with our reservation upon arrival. They did everything in their power to make us feel welcomed. If you've been saving for an extra special vacation with that someone special, you can't go wrong. We thoroughly enjoyed the horseback ride that comes with the hotel, the waterfall climb I wasn't so crazy about, but we came out of that having met some wonderful people that we continued to spend time with at the resort. We booked the blue mt. bicycle tour throught the excursions desk, and are so glad we did. What a real treat that was! The food was more than excellent. The piano bar, even before 11 p.m. can be great fun if you're with the right people in the same frame of mind. I could go on. Like I said, it's beyond imagination until you go and see for yourself.

• Stayed: May 2005