Couples Tower Isle
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
View Hotel
Sandals Royal Plantation(Ocho Rios)
View Hotel
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)
  • Breakfast included
3,335 results
All reviewseight riversveggie barcatamaran cruisepiano barpool grillpatio restaurantnude islandprivate islandswim up barnatural islandwater sportshorseback ridingdunn's river fallsincluded excursionsglass bottom boatour honeymoonscuba diving
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The Hotel Staff are excellent They really go the extra mile for all guests. We have been visiting the Resort for the last 10 years the food is excellent , we have never had a poor meal in that duration, the food selection in all the resorts restaurants is on a par with top London Restaurants. The waiter service at all meals is very attentive and the bar staff are first class in all bars on the resort, the selection of drink is excellent all top brands are available. The entertainment in the evenings is up to a standard of top London shows. The day activities on the resort are first class with a red flag system on the beach for all guests to have waiter service without leaving their sun loungers. The beach staff are excellent always cleaning the beach, the Porter service is friendly and polite and always willing to go the extra mile for all guests. The bedroom cleaning service is excellent and a comprehensive drinks service for all rooms which is included in the price. Overall the resort is excellent and great value for money. The Senior Hotel management which includes guest relations staff are receptive to guests requests and complaints they really go the extra mile for all guests

Room Tip: The Ocean Rooms are excellent and well worth the extra money for excellent views of the Ocean
1  Thank Gerard R
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We travelled to Ocho Rios, Jamaica Feb 1 - 8th. Spent 4 nights at Couples Tower Isle and 3 nights at Couples San Souci.

Who are we? We have travelled extensively. We seek out quiet, peaceful nature escapes, secluded beaches, clean air and good food. Running, cycling, hiking, tennis, swimming, snorkeling in beautiful surroundings is an important part of any vacation we go on. We're not 'drinkers', but do enjoy a good quality beer / cocktail with a meal after a long day of fitness activities.

Dining experience - Overall excellent. Please see my review of Couples San Souci for a detailed assessment. Food was superb. I could do with out the loud entertainment to accompany a romantic ocean front dinner - and you didn't have an alternative option on atleast 2 nights of the week.

Service - Best in the caribbean.

Resort - The NEGATIVE : It is located adjacent to a busy road - so you will get to enjoy traffic noise and, if the wind is blowing right, a constant stream of exhaust smells. There was no place to escape from the crowds or the noises and smells from the highway! You could even hear traffic and smell exhaust from our balcony! On the PLUS SIDE: We were in block 4, top floor, right at the end. If you go, this is the place to be. It is the furthest point from the highway and it gives you the most spectacular views. It is also the most quiet spot on the resort. We tend not to spend much time in the room when on vacation, but in this case, it was the only place to escape to that was quiet, away from crowds.

Overall it is a small, compact resort, with a very small beach and nowhere to escape the crowds. Even the buffet area felt over crowded at breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Activities - the beach is very small, so not amenable for someone who loves to swim and snorkel. There just isn't anywhere to go. We tried swimming to the island to snorkel around the reefs - this was nice, but being a small area it did not take much time to explore - furthermore, I they do not want people snorkeling around the island.

The tennis courts are immediately adjacent to a busy road - so if you don't mind breathing exhaust while trying to stay fit - this is the place to be.

No working wifi in the room.

Room was not cleaned daily (partly because we ended up spending more time than usual in the room as it was the most quiet place on the resort).

Au naturel island - not my thing, but you had that option at Tower Isle. I would have much preferred a quiet area for guests looking for a peaceful escape with nice views, clean ocean air.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Seasonedtraveller401
Abraham I, Sales and Marketing Executive at Couples Tower Isle, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear SeasonedTraveller,

Thank you for staying at Couples Tower Isle. We appreciate your rating of excellent on our dining experience and general service. It is unfortunate that other aspects of your stay did not measure up to your expectations.

Couples Tower Isle’s layout is centralized. This allows the majority of our rooms to be ocean view and provides convenience for guests. For more extensive lush grounds and intimate ambience , I recommend one of our Negril properties. The best place to view them is on our website, Couples.com.

Regards,
Abraham Issa

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Without doubt one of our best Caribbean holidays in a resort we simply couldn't fault. Apart from its dreamy location it's the staff that make this place perfect. Not a miserable member of staff anywhere. Every department from admin, reception, gardens, bar, restaurants, housekeeping, water sports, maintenance went out of there way to be accommodating, courteous and helpful. The food was exceptionally well presented and you will appreciate the effort the catering department go to to beautifuly present their food. Exceptional.
Special thanks to Donald in the veggie bar, Giovanni and Rohan for their gardening enthusiasm, the whole of the water sports team who taught us to hone our sailing, Adrian and andre for exceptional restuarant service but thanks to everyone - what fantastic ambassadors for Coupe and Jamaica you all are.
Very highly recommended indeed

Room Tip: Block 5 is quiet and away from the main pool area if you particularly want peace and quiet but al rooms seem very well appointed and spotlessly clean
2  Thank DerbySunshine-fan
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We stayed at this resort and at Jewels Dunn. This resort is FAR better.

The nude island is one of the most amazing places on this earth. Taking it all off while sipping champagne with other like minded people is awesome. If you brave it you won't be disappointed.

Miguel, the entertainment coordinator, is the man. He made all of the activities such a blast. I've never met a guy with more enthusiasm and energy than him.

The only negative is they could do a bit better with their mixed drinks.

Other than that this is such an awesome place! I'll return someday.

3  Thank RobB4
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Couples Tower Isle in July 2013 attending a friends wedding and we LOVED the resort, the country and the people! I cannot wait to go back!!

Although the resort is further from the airport than I would have preferred (about 2 hours each way) it was an interesting drive as we got to see and experience Jamaica as the locals see it. Sadly, we arrived at night so the drive there was kind of boring, but leaving during the day gave a really cool view of what we missed staying on the resort (on a side note: a colleague of mine said she books a helicopter for her transfers- claiming it's not much more than a taxi would cost)

The resort itself is very nice- small enough to wander around, but not so big you felt lost. It was a little dated, but you can tell they're working to upgrade it a bit at a time. We stayed in building 3 which meant we had the upgraded rooms, but we also had the noise from the lobby. From about 9am until 5pm it was pretty loud- but after that, complete silence.

We booked a garden view room and were on the third floor. I would highly recommend asking for a higher floor if you're booking garden view as the first and second floors looked a tree trunks, while we had tree tops and mountain views. The bride and groom got the same room with ocean view and it was stunning. Blue skies and blue water as far as the eye could see.

The food at the resort was quite good. My only complaint was having to make all of our reservations right away (and even then we couldn't get every day we wanted) I LOVED the beach grill- stopping in for a grilled cheese/ burger/ sandwich/ patty and fries whenever we wanted was an awesome luxury that I missed immediately after arriving home. We did not have a bad meal the whole time we were there- room service included. I will admit that not everything agreed with me, so I'd suggest packing some digestive aids/remedies for comfort.

There was always something going on during the day- whether volleyball, trivia, arts and crafts or just enjoying the drink of the day, we were never bored. The nice thing was that there was no pressure to join and no feeling out of place if you did.

The beach itself was a little small, but beautiful nonetheless. The water was perfect- although a bit seaweedy until you got a little deeper. There was always ample floaties available and the beach bartenders are very attentive. The sand was soft and warm...

We did not visit Naked Island (as we called it)- being on a trip with friends we all agreed we preferred to avoid the possible naked-friend encounter. I'm not sure we would have gone if it was just the two of us, but it was a busy place and the shuttles ran all day, so I assume it was quite nice.

I loved that the pools are open 24 hours a day. The bars don't close until you leave and there's always someone with a smile ready to cook you a feast at the grill.

It was never difficult to get your room cleaned. If you weren't ready when they came knocking, just put out your 'please clean room' sign when you leave and they will take care of it. We did this on our way to dinner a few nights and upon return the room was spotless.

We did take an excursion to the Bob Marley Nine Mile Tour. It was a far journey into the mountains, but well worth the day out of our vacation. We used Paul Williams for our driver and he was amazing. Not only did we feel 100% safe the entire time (and, lets admit- there are some shady characters at Bob's place) but it was affordable AND he was able to answer every Jamaica question we had- we couldn't stump him! He's a lovely family man and I would HIGHLY recommend booking his services. His website is paulsjamaicatours.com

Following Bob's place, we went to the Blue Hole (located just outside Ocho). For $10ea a handsome young local will show you the area where gorgeous blue cenote swimming holes are screaming to be jumped into. Just when you think the tour is over, they keep going up the mountain to smaller, equally beautiful cenotes until you end at an amazing waterfall. Our tour guide held our cameras throughout and captured some gorgeous shots- he really knew his stuff! He was polite, courteous and very respectful- helping everyone navigate the tough and slippery terrain. The memory of this tour will stay with me forever. (Tip: Don't forget your water shoes or you'll have to rent them from the locals...) Even if you don't go anywhere else- it's so worth checking this place out. No tourists. No shops- just a quiet spot where the locals hang out... We didn't go to Dunn's River because we heard it was busy- I have no regrets.

Back to the resort...

From the moment we arrived at Couples Tower Isle, we felt at home. Half of the staff members knew our names within a day and would call out anytime we saw them. It was such an inclusive place- even the other guests were welcoming!

My few complaints about the resort are:

- Everything kind of shuts down after midnight. We're night hawks who enjoy staying up late on holiday and disliked that we were the only ones left after the activities were over. There was always a bartender ready to stay open for us- but some music and nightlife would have been appreciated. It seemed the rowdy crowds were out in the daytime hanging around the swim up bar.

- As mentioned earlier, I found the area around our room to be pretty noisy in the daytime. I'm sure the expectation was that most guests were on the beach by 9am, but we're not those people... Not a big deal as it meant pure silence after 5pm.

- Our friends' wedding was held at 10am and the coordinator set up a lovely luncheon for afterwards, but I had to fight to get a good dinner set up. We had reservations at the Asian restaurant and when I went to tell the host that it was a wedding party that was coming, they pointed out the table we were booked for. It was in the middle of the restaurant and very squished. It would have been nice if they had thought ahead and given us a nicer table- but thankfully after some discussion, the host moved the group to THE nicest table in the whole restaurant (he joked with my husband that I must be a tough cookie to live with- hahaha!)

In all, I would highly recommend this resort. Before you go- get on the Couples website and join the forum. It's a great place to see what people are saying and to ask questions. I lived on this site during the weeks leading up to departure.

The reasons I'm not giving a full "Five" rating is the outdated sections of the hotel, the size of the beach and the distance from the airport. Otherwise, this was a great place.

(I feel it necessary to address the other reviews that mention being pushed to buy drugs- I was NEVER once asked or felt uncomfortable in any way. Yes, it's available and yes, you can find it VERY easily [at the airport, at the resort, at Bob Marleys, on the side of the road] but it's not pushed nor is it 'out in the open' My experience was that the guests who partook were respectful about it and kept it to themselves- no walking through smoky clouds or smelling like a skunk)

Room Tip: If booking a Garden view, get the highest floor possible (minimum third floor) so you'll get views of the mountains as well.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank ExecutiveTourist
Couplesops, Manager at Couples Tower Isle, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

It gives us great pleasure to hear that you had such an enjoyable time at our resort. Your kind recommendation of our resort is appreciated and we are also happy to hear of your plan to return with your family in the near future, and certainly look forward to welcoming all of you for a memorable and inspiring experience with us. We have taken into account some aspects of your experience that were less than expected as will strive to improve our service delivery.